Transportation from train station to Brooklyn Pier

Penny3

I will be arriving at the Newark,New Jersey Penn station and will need transportation from that station to the Royal Princess ship at the Brooklyn, New York pier. The other day I was reading a post about it but can't find it now. It is something about a limo or car service that can pick us up at the station and take us to the pier. As a matter of fact, an employee of that car serviced posted a very informative response. Can anyone help me?

I will be arriving at the Newark,New Jersey Penn station and will need transportation from that station to the Royal Princess ship at the Brooklyn, New York pier. The other day I was reading a post about it but can't find it now. It is something about a limo or car service that can pick us up at the station and take us to the pier. As a matter of fact, an employee of that car serviced posted a very informative response. Can anyone help me?

We use these car service companies all the time,

Cadman 866-308-5466 or Arecibo 718-783-6465.

Hope you can arrange to go to NY Penn Station. It will be considerably cheaper to take a cab within NYC to get to the Brooklyn pier than it will be to pay for a car service to take you there from Newark NJ. You also will not be subject to any traffic delays at the Holland Tunnel.

I think the expected cab fare from NY Penn Station to the Brooklyn pier has been estimated at $30-35. If the cab goes through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (renamed to the Hugh L. Carey Tunnel), there will be an additional toll. Folks on this board recommend that you have the printed directions to the Brooklyn Terminal with you in case the taxi driver has never been there.

Another option if you can manage your luggage is to get off the train at Newark and take the World Trade Center PATH train to WTC in downtown Manhattan for $2.50/pp. This is an easy transfer at Newark. At WTC you would hail a cab and take the much shorter and less expensive ride from downtown Manhattan to the Brooklyn pier. This route would eliminate the need to deal with the chaos of New York Penn Station.

Not sure of the OP's exact sailing date, but it appears that the Royal Princess sails on Saturdays.

That means taking PATH from Newark Penn Station to the World Trade Center is not a viable option as there is currently no weekend service on that line.

Taking the train all the way into NY Penn Station, rather then Newark Penn Station appears to be the best route.