Majesty of the Seas; 25-29 August 2014

HappyRev

In the evening we went to the Viking Lounge a.k.a. "the Upper Tear Diamond Event," had few snacks and then went to the Windjammer for dinner.

The Diamond section of the lounge feels intimate and inviting; staff is friendly and snacks are tasty...

Here is the view from the Diamond Section of the Viking Lounge:

15109954672_3777ddbf56_b.jpg

15087316026_aefa765b99_b.jpg

So Majesty, Carnival something, Vision, and Enchantment were all in Nassau that day?!

Ship in Nassau that day were:

RCI Enchantment

RCI Majesty

RCI Vision

Carnival Ecstasy

Norwegian Gem

Edited by HappyRev
fix spelling

In my experience on that ship in May anything on the regular Diamond Lounge menu and then some; service was very liberal.

They had two types of red wine, two types of white wine, some beers, and also some spirits (scotch, brandy, etc) as long as it was not mixed. (you probably figured out by now that DW and I are not big drinkers - we did not get all the particulars)

What we noticed however, that every evening we could go to any bar and get three (3) free drinks (beer, wine, unmixed spirits, as well as soda and bottled water). These three drinks are loaded on our key daily and last between 5:30 pm until 11 pm or so

Loving the review. I understand how you love the smaller ships, they seem so easy to get around. Also, the staff seems more personable. I love all of the windows on Enchantment!!! I started a review on her in my signature if you are interested. :)

I have been wanting to try Majesty, but she doesn't seem as nice as Enchantment. How do the two compare?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The two ships are very different. Majesty is the smallest ship in the line. Considering she is the oldest ship in the line, the staff does a wonderful job keeping her in good shape. The only balcony cabins that she has are for Junior Suites and the OV cabins are small. The largest of the OV cabins are on deck 9, which is usually the deck we choose to be on. We have cruised on Her Majesty many times.

On Majesty you will have a fun time, but she doesn't have a lot of the things her bigger sisters have....no solarium for instance. They have a wonderful Compass Deli, which serves wonderful crepes and sandwiches. The have a special Taste of Tuscany dinner held there which I have been told is wonderful for $30 per person -- reservations required. We have not done that, since we do enjoy the food in the MDR. We have never had a meal we did not enjoy.

It can be as relaxing as you want or as crazy as you want the cruise to be.....it has music on the pool deck and all the pool games they can squeeze in...along with other activities in the late evening to enjoy from entertainment in the nightclub to Karoake; sprinkle in Love and Marriage and The Quest.

Just don't compare her to her bigger sisters.....that isn't far and she still has her cruisers leaving the ship, with smiles on their faces because they had a great time.

The two ships are very different. Majesty is the smallest ship in the line. Considering she is the oldest ship in the line, the staff does a wonderful job keeping her in good shape. The only balcony cabins that she has are for Junior Suites and the OV cabins are small. The largest of the OV cabins are on deck 9, which is usually the deck we choose to be on. We have cruised on Her Majesty many times.

On Majesty you will have a fun time, but she doesn't have a lot of the things her bigger sisters have....no solarium for instance. They have a wonderful Compass Deli, which serves wonderful crepes and sandwiches. The have a special Taste of Tuscany dinner held there which I have been told is wonderful for $30 per person -- reservations required. We have not done that, since we do enjoy the food in the MDR. We have never had a meal we did not enjoy.

It can be as relaxing as you want or as crazy as you want the cruise to be.....it has music on the pool deck and all the pool games they can squeeze in...along with other activities in the late evening to enjoy from entertainment in the nightclub to Karoake; sprinkle in Love and Marriage and The Quest.

Just don't compare her to her bigger sisters.....that isn't far and she still has her cruisers leaving the ship, with smiles on their faces because they had a great time.

We loved Enchantment so much. And we love balconies but the Majesty JS prices don't seem too bad. However, a small correction: Majesty is not the smallest in the fleet. Splendor and Legend are. I believe Majesty is 74,000 tons while S and L are 69,000.

Edited by kwazi07

Just a point of interest, but many don't realize that Splendour and Legend are smaller than Majesty.

Not only smaller but carry some 700 passengers fewer than Majesty.

It would not be a stretch in my estimation to trace 'modern' cruising back to Sovereign, Monarch, and Majesty

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Not only smaller but carry some 700 passengers fewer than Majesty.

It would not be a stretch in my estimation to trace 'modern' cruising back to Sovereign, Monarch, and Majesty

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I agree. Without them, there would be no mega ships as we know it.

Edited by kwazi07

Just a point of interest, but many don't realize that Splendour and Legend are smaller than Majesty.

Majesty lacks some of the features that her sister ships have.....I don't look at it in feet or tonnage, but what she has available to cruisers. She can handle more passengers other ships do.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and cruise with us. Looking forward to more of the same.

Great trip down memory lane. I'd forgotten how small those cabins are. We were on Majesty in the late 90s. We thought it was HUGE and so elegant. Two story WJ, only venue for dinner was the MDR, Labadee was a tender port, just a beach. We loved it and approx. 16 years later if the opportunity presented itself we would cruise her again in a NY minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked this cruise in Jan - have cabin 8060 - after booking I ws told it is obstructed view - hope I can at least see the sea! What deck it the promenade, and are there chairs on it?

Usually only book bal rooms, but none available and wanted to do Key West - figure I can put up with just a window for 4 nights. Heh, better than the snow we will have at home!

Booked this cruise in Jan - have cabin 8060 - after booking I ws told it is obstructed view - hope I can at least see the sea! What deck it the promenade, and are there chairs on it?

Usually only book bal rooms, but none available and wanted to do Key West - figure I can put up with just a window for 4 nights. Heh, better than the snow we will have at home!

You will be fine....we usually book OV on deck 9; still has a little obstructed view but can see the ocean. We have been on Her Majesty 10 times....I think the outside promenade is deck 4 or 5; with chairs available. It will be fine.....and a lovely cruise. We have enjoyed Key West, when....sometimes we don't even get off in Nassau. Just have fun on her. She always reminds me of what people say cruising was like, before the MegaShips.

• 1 month later...