Thanksgiving on Norwegian!

rjm11

I will be on the NCL Sun over Thanksgiving this year... what can you tell me? Thanksgiving dinner? Decorations? Special things? Will they start decorating for Christmas right away? Black Friday sales? (hee hee).... Anyone who has sailed over thanksgiving and can offer some clues/pictures/reviews etc??

I will be on the NCL Sun over Thanksgiving this year... what can you tell me? Thanksgiving dinner? Decorations? Special things? Will they start decorating for Christmas right away? Black Friday sales? (hee hee).... Anyone who has sailed over thanksgiving and can offer some clues/pictures/reviews etc??

Decorations for Christmas will already be up as I recall.

There were no black friday sales.

They do have Thanksgiving dinner entree's in the MDR on Thanksgiving.

Other than the dinner items itself, there wasn't a big deal paid about it. It's not a celebrated holiday to 90 percent of the crew...

We were on the Epic during U.S. Thanksgiving in 2012 and I don't recall any crew member even mentioning it. I don't remember any special dinner or decorations or anything like that.

I won't lie - it is entirely possible that I just didn't notice.

EDIT. I just remembered that we were on the Star a year earlier during US Thanksgiving too. Again, I don't remember anything special going on.

Edited by rajones007

Thanksgiving 2012 ncl star- wonderful evening thanksgiving meal in MDR

Rather cheesie thanksgiving decorations.

Thanksgiving 2013 ncl jewel- had a thanksgiving meal but wasn't as yummy as last year. Same cheesie decoration. Lots of so called Black Friday sales.

Will be on dawn this year.

Carnival always had Christmas decorations up by mid November , but nothing on ncl by end of November on star or jewel.

Decoration wise, Thanksgiving and Christmas will all be rolled into one. You might see a Christmas decoration in one place and a Thanksgiving decoration in another.

No big deal. Kinda of like celebrating Christmas on a beach. A cruise is a cruise and a holiday is a holiday. Both things to celebrate and enjoy.

We were on the Epic last Thanksgiving and turkey was served in all venues. Main DR will have long waits.

Going again this year - can't wait!

We were on a 10 day cruise for Thanksgiving a few years ago. I think it was on the Dawn. It was the best Thanksgiving ever! No cookin. No cleaning. No exhaustion. Just relaxing family time. We spent Black Friday on a beach in Samana. It was perfect. The weather was wonderful. And in every port they played Xmas music with a Caribbean beat.

Enjoy!

We were on the Jade (?) one of the Jewel on a TA from Barcelona to NYC Full Thanksgiving spread. Food was great, service wonderful. Think this was the only meal we ate in the MDR and I was surprised at how wonderful it was had a table for four. Reserved via the concierge and seated immediately. Great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Pearl a few years ago over Thanksgiving.

Other than a semi-traditional turkey dinner, there was nothing else special to make it seem like a holiday. No Christmas decorations yet. I didn't mind either of those things.

The biggest difference, for me, was that it was by far the most crowded cruise I've ever taken. Ridiculously so. My kids could barely even get into the Kids Club, and when they did it took forever to check them out.

Here's hoping you don't have to deal with that issue, at least, and have a lovely trip!

We are on this same cruise, come join our roll call!

We have made an advanced dining reservation for Thanksgiving dinner in one of the MDRs, so we can hopefully avoid waiting for a table that evening. I'm very much looking forward to a relaxed turkey dinner and no dishes to wash!

We will be on the Dawn November 30th(Right after Thanksgiving) I've done research on this and have read several times that this is when the Christmas decorations start going up(Right after Thanksgiving/first week of December) I haven't experienced it first hand, but again, what I have read a few times.