Our Lovely Liberty cruise (with pics) 8/9/14

Jamman54

Thank you so much for doing such an awesome review. We are going on the Liberty in January. I really do appreciate you taking so much time adding all the fantastic pictures. It really has added to my excitement for our upcoming cruise.

Also please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your son

What a wonderful review! And just like every cruise, I didn't want it to end. You do such a wonderful job. We're cruising on the Liberty in March and it was so great to see her through your eyes.

Thank you and my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you both for reading, and for your kind words. If my review can somehow help you enjoy your cruises on the Liberty a little more, then I have done my job!

The sun is rising in the east…..

A couple of final thoughts. I thought that this cruise ranked in the top 5 of my cruise history, for a couple of reasons. First was the itinerary. Being able to visit a couple of islands in the Southern Caribbean, without having to leave from San Juan, and not being on a port intensive cruise, was a definite plus for me. I need my sea days!!!

I loved the ship! Yes, all the Conquest Class ships are laid out the same, but the décor caught my eye, especially the wrought iron, rails, light fixtures, and accents.

I loved the crew!! Nothing but positive, pleasant, interactions

The 2.0 upgrades. I didn’t use them all, but I was glad they were there. I wouldn’t pick a ship because of them, but they do enhance the experience.

I don’t know what the fuss is all about concerning the new menus. I am not a foodie by any means, but I had no trouble at all finding something that I liked to eat, and a lot of my old favorites were still there. I liked the fact that you can order Steakhouse entrée’s for twenty dollars. I didn’t do that because I did eat in the Steakhouse one night, but if I was on a ship without a Steakhouse, I probably would try it one night. It's great to have choices. The more the better! Oh, and for those who care, there were tablecloths every night.

The Cheers Program. This was the first time I had purchased the program, and I saved a little over a hundred dollars. That’s not bad, considering I didn’t have ANY drinks on board the day we were in Aruba, and just a few the days we were in Curacao and Grand Turk. Embarkation day, and the four sea days, were another story. I was in double digits every one of those days, maxing out three times! At $37.50 a day it worked out for me, but if it was still $49.95, I would have been about even.

I think the only thing that disappointed Patti and Ryan, was that most of the bingo sessions, especially the ones with the higher payouts, were scheduled while we were eating dinner, so they missed them all.

I think that’s about it. If you have any questions, ask away, and I’ll do my best to answer.

So after 38 days, 220 pages, and over 1,300 pictures later, I have finally completed my almost back to back Fascination and Liberty reviews. Not to mention the countless hours writing text, selecting, cropping, resizing, and uploading pictures, then posting them here, and another site. Copy and paste, copy and paste, a click click here, a click click there, here a click, there a click, everywhere a click click. I enjoyed every minute of it!! I hope the reviews were helpful in some way and entertaining as well. I have a great respect for those that did picture reviews before me, and for those that will follow. My hats off to all of you!!

Thanks to my lovely wife Patti, who is my lead photographer. We took over 3,000 photos during the two cruises, and most of those were hers!

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, words, and prayers, over the last few months. They meant more to us than you will ever know.

Next up for me, will be the Carnival Splendor repo from New York to San Juan on October 24th. I will be doing this solo, since Patti is a teacher, and she can’t take the time off. Can’t wait until she can retire and join me on these off peak, inexpensive cruises!!

Of course I’ll have my camera in hand documenting the journey to share with all of you. So until then, may you have clear skies and calm seas. Happy Sails!!

Wow!!!:eek:

I have really been enjoying your reviews and the effort you just highlighted makes me appreciate them ever more.!!

Great Job.!!

I've been enjoying your last 2 reviews, Jeff. We sailed Liberty pre-2.0 and I enjoyed seeing all the changes. Those wrought iron lights are beautiful.

Like you we too had a son born in 1995, but he died in 1996 at just over 4 months old. We will always wonder what our sons could have achieved, won't we? My thoughts go out to you and Patti and Ryan. As you've said we are all members of the club nobody wants to join.

Heather

What a fantastic review! we sailed the Liberty last year and she a great ship I will be sad ti see her home port to San Juan. I hope the Valor gets some love before she comes to Canaveral

So enjoyed your review. Liberty is our favorite ship. I was so excited when they moved her to Port Canaveral and was looking forward to scheduling something next year, only now they're moving her to San Juan.

As for all the fuss about the new menus, keep in mind there has been months of tweaking since the menus debut. When we were on in May they had added back several things and now they added even more. The menu you got had some great selections, a far cry from the first of the new menus.

You win the award for the best cruise review ever -- exactly the right amount of details and great pictures! :)

I have enjoyed every entry from both legs of your (almost)B2B -- thank you so much for taking the time and effort to provide this to all of us.

You have made me double excited for our Liberty cruise in 10 days! :D

FANTASTIC review as always, Jamman! My dream is to cruise on Liberty and Breeze. Almost feels like I have been on Liberty already thanks to you and your fabulous photographer! Would love to sail with you and Patti some day! :) Now, start packing for your cruise on my old friend the Splendor! :D;)

You win the award for the best cruise review ever -- exactly the right amount of details and great pictures! :)

I have enjoyed every entry from both legs of your (almost)B2B -- thank you so much for taking the time and effort to provide this to all of us.

You have made me double excited for our Liberty cruise in 10 days! :D

Glad you enjoyed my reviews. I'm sure you will have a GREAT time on the Liberty!!

FANTASTIC review as always, Jamman! My dream is to cruise on Liberty and Breeze. Almost feels like I have been on Liberty already thanks to you and your fabulous photographer! Would love to sail with you and Patti some day! :) Now, start packing for your cruise on my old friend the Splendor! :D;)

Patti and I both thank you Karry. We are on the Breeze next August. (hint, hint).

I have thoroughly enjoyed your review! I've been reading it each day. Your pictures are always great, and you do such a fantastic job at writing your cruise reviews. Great Job!

Thank you for reading, and glad that you enjoyed them.

So enjoyed your review. Liberty is our favorite ship. I was so excited when they moved her to Port Canaveral and was looking forward to scheduling something next year, only now they're moving her to San Juan.

As for all the fuss about the new menus, keep in mind there has been months of tweaking since the menus debut. When we were on in May they had added back several things and now they added even more. The menu you got had some great selections, a far cry from the first of the new menus.

Glad you enjoyed the review. True I didn't experience the new menus when they first rolled out, but as they stand now, I was more than satisfied.

Bummer...your review is over...I just finished reading and I have to say I feel like I just finished a cruise with you. I love your reviews and have enjoyed this one and the pictures you included (I know Patti gets a lot of that credit too) just as much. We would definitely love to get to Aruba and Curacao on a cruise since those are two we haven't been to yet. You really have some nice pictures of Liberty that I really enjoyed seeing since we've been on her and you even have several that I didn't even think to take while we were on her in April. Of the Carnival ships we've been on, I have to say that I rank Liberty #1 in decor I also loved those wrought iron lights along the Promenade...I took so many pictures of those since I wanted all the colors and also loved the reflections off the floor. We also found something we liked on the American Menu every night but there was one thing missing from the old menu on our cruise that really bummed me out...spaghetti carbonara, but I noticed they had it on your cruise. That may have been one of the "missing items" that others complained about. We got a survey after we got home from our Liberty cruise, specifically about the new "American Menu". We were OK with it, had likes and dislikes, but when I had the chance I mentioned that we both missed the spaghetti carbonara and that we'd been looking forward to it. I just hope it's back permanently so we can have some on our next cruise...whenever that may be.

You've only got 23 more days till your Splendor cruise!!! I'll be looking forward to your review of that one when you get the chance. :) I also know the hard work that goes into them and after doing a couple myself now, I have an even greater appreciation. It is a great way to relive a cruise though. Thank you again for the time you put into these past two and the others before them and always look forward to the ones you'll have coming up.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Jeff, Patti and Ryan that was an excellent review and brought back many pleasant memories. We sailed on the Liberty both before and after 2.0. I must say I did enjoy Guy's Burgers a few times too many. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. We too lost our daughter who was also killed instantly in a car accident. She was 17 and our middle girl. She passed in July of 2003. We took our first "family" cruise in March of 2004 as a means to regroup as a family. It was very theraputic and we have gone every year since. We always feel that she is with us on every cruise in spirit as well. My husband and I also honeymooned on a Carnival ship in 1981, the Mardi Gras. She is no longer in existence and was so much smaller than today's ships. We are looking forward to our 13th Carnival Cruise in May. My thoughts are with you and your family. Know that in time the pain becomes less but never truly goes away. My daughter's pictures are everywhere and she is spoken of often. Her friends still keep in contact with us. We've been to their weddings and they share their family pictures with us. Till you sail again, Bon Voyage.

Bummer...your review is over...I just finished reading and I have to say I feel like I just finished a cruise with you. I love your reviews and have enjoyed this one and the pictures you included (I know Patti gets a lot of that credit too) just as much. We would definitely love to get to Aruba and Curacao on a cruise since those are two we haven't been to yet. You really have some nice pictures of Liberty that I really enjoyed seeing since we've been on her and you even have several that I didn't even think to take while we were on her in April. Of the Carnival ships we've been on, I have to say that I rank Liberty #1 in decor I also loved those wrought iron lights along the Promenade...I took so many pictures of those since I wanted all the colors and also loved the reflections off the floor. We also found something we liked on the American Menu every night but there was one thing missing from the old menu on our cruise that really bummed me out...spaghetti carbonara, but I noticed they had it on your cruise. That may have been one of the "missing items" that others complained about. We got a survey after we got home from our Liberty cruise, specifically about the new "American Menu". We were OK with it, had likes and dislikes, but when I had the chance I mentioned that we both missed the spaghetti carbonara and that we'd been looking forward to it. I just hope it's back permanently so we can have some on our next cruise...whenever that may be.

You've only got 23 more days till your Splendor cruise!!! I'll be looking forward to your review of that one when you get the chance. :) I also know the hard work that goes into them and after doing a couple myself now, I have an even greater appreciation. It is a great way to relive a cruise though. Thank you again for the time you put into these past two and the others before them and always look forward to the ones you'll have coming up.

Thanks for reading! I remember how much I enjoyed your Liberty review. I'm glad that they continue to tweak the menus. I was really happy with the choices I had.

Jeff, Patti and Ryan that was an excellent review and brought back many pleasant memories. We sailed on the Liberty both before and after 2.0. I must say I did enjoy Guy's Burgers a few times too many. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. We too lost our daughter who was also killed instantly in a car accident. She was 17 and our middle girl. She passed in July of 2003. We took our first "family" cruise in March of 2004 as a means to regroup as a family. It was very theraputic and we have gone every year since. We always feel that she is with us on every cruise in spirit as well. My husband and I also honeymooned on a Carnival ship in 1981, the Mardi Gras. She is no longer in existence and was so much smaller than today's ships. We are looking forward to our 13th Carnival Cruise in May. My thoughts are with you and your family. Know that in time the pain becomes less but never truly goes away. My daughter's pictures are everywhere and she is spoken of often. Her friends still keep in contact with us. We've been to their weddings and they share their family pictures with us. Till you sail again, Bon Voyage.

Thanks for reading and your kind words. So sorry for your loss. It saddens me that so many people on this board, and have posted on this thread, have experienced what is a parents worse nightmare. But the one thing that can never be taken from us, are the memories that we have of our loved ones. That, and knowing that they are still with us, just in a different way, helps ease the pain just a little.

I've been enjoying your last 2 reviews, Jeff. We sailed Liberty pre-2.0 and I enjoyed seeing all the changes. Those wrought iron lights are beautiful.

Like you we too had a son born in 1995, but he died in 1996 at just over 4 months old. We will always wonder what our sons could have achieved, won't we? My thoughts go out to you and Patti and Ryan. As you've said we are all members of the club nobody wants to join.

Heather

Thanks for reading. Glad you enjoyed the reviews. So sorry for your loss.

Thanks for another great review, Jamman! Made me remember the fun we had on the Liberty in January & even more excited for the S Carib itinerary we are doing on the Sunshine next year.

I see that Ryan gets his height from you - you towered over the other Diamonds. :D

Thanks for another great review, Jamman! Made me remember the fun we had on the Liberty in January & even more excited for the S Carib itinerary we are doing on the Sunshine next year.

I see that Ryan gets his height from you - you towered over the other Diamonds. :D

Thanks for reading! The Southern Caribbean itinerary is awesome!