New York - Montreal 22nd September

LoveChops

My husband and I are on the above cruise, this will be our 2nd cruise with Regent and we are so excited about this :)

However, on the day we fly home our flight from Montreal is 10.30pm. Does anyone know what happens on the last day? Surely we won't be dropped off at the airport in the morning for a late night flight?

Do Regent put on any excursions for passengers when a late flight is scheduled?

Any help would be appreciated.

There are different things that Regent does for passengers with late night flights -- depending upon how many people they have in this situation. They generally offer an excursion. Other times there is a group day room where you can put your luggage and go out on your own. They have occasionally made individual rooms available at a hotel for a few hours. Each situation is unique so I suggest you contact your TA or Regent to learn what they have planned for your cruise.

It looks like a delightful itinerary. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Travelcat2

Greetings,

Our flight out of Singapore didn't leave until 11:30pm-ish.

Regent included a sign-up sheet for a day trip through Singapore with our debarking papers. You could opt in or out. We chose to go and are the happier for it! I think lunch was provided & although the wait at the airport was still quite long, we found the business class lounge fantastic for passing the time. In our case, a day room was not offered. The tour was roughly 4 hours and very well done.

Cheers!

Ash

The other option is to hire a private car and driver to pick you up at the pier, take you on a nice tour while your luggage is stored in the trunk, stop for a nice lunch, some walking around or whatever you prefer and then drop you off at the airport in the evening.

Traffic in and around Montreal can be heavy, tricky, and not fun to drive in as you have to be a very "defensive" driver. I think it might be more enjoyable for you, and less stressful, if you can take some sort of organized tour or hire a car/driver for the day. Montreal is a beautiful city with lots of history and beautiful architecture, so whatever you decide, you'll be sure to have an enjoyable day!

LoveChops, I forgot to mention that we took this same cruise two years ago, and we absolutely loved it. The itinerary was wonderful, the passengers congenial, and it really was one of the best vacations we've ever had. We'd love to go again. I hope you have a wonderful time!

After the cruise, we rented a car one-way to drive home to Syracuse, as it was so much cheaper than flying, and actually quicker for us. However, I want to caution you again about renting a car and touring yourselves. The traffic can be pretty unforgiving. Once we were out of the city, we were ok. But, if I had been a cat, I think I lost a few of my nine lives that day maneuvering through the city. Just my two cents....:)

My husband and I are on the above cruise, this will be our 2nd cruise with Regent and we are so excited about this :)

However, on the day we fly home our flight from Montreal is 10.30pm. Does anyone know what happens on the last day? Surely we won't be dropped off at the airport in the morning for a late night flight?

Do Regent put on any excursions for passengers when a late flight is scheduled?

Any help would be appreciated.

We were on the recent Highlights of the Emerald Isles (London to London). Although everyone had to be off the ship by something like 9 a.m., our flight to the U.S. did not leave until 4:50 p.m. Regent offered a tour for those who had flights that departed after 3:30 p.m. We signed up for it on the cruise ship when our departing documents were delivered (which was about 3-5 days--I forget exactly when-- before the cruise was over). We enjoyed the Regent tour to Windsor Castle very much. Because there were some others on the Windsor Castle tour whose plane departed at 3:30, we were left off at Heathrow about 1:00 p.m. So we had a long wait at Heathrow. Although British Airways would check us in, our bags could not be checked until 3 hours before the flight so we had to wait in the terminal until then to check our bags. Soooo--I suggest taking a book with you.

I'll be interested in your review of the New York to Montreal trip because we are booked on that cruise in 2015. I'm especially interested in your review of the excursions that you take.

Edited by DixieDeer

LoveChops - I too will be on the 2015 cruise from NYC to Montreal. So yes, please let us know how the cruise is going for you along the way. We're also interested in your selection of excursions.

DixieDeer - Which cruise will you be on (in 2015)? Leaving NYC on Sept 26 or Oct 18? We will be on the October 18 Cruise. Best Regards.

DixieDeer - We'll certainly look forward to meeting you on the Autumn Journey cruise next year. As the time gets closer, we'll start a Roll Call to see who else might be joining us onboard. We're really looking forward to this cruise. The right time of year, no overseas flights (for us, at least), and a wonderful little ship. We'll be on Deck 6. Best Regards.

We are on this cruise as well and fly from Montreal to Heathrow at 20.05 but flight time was re scheduled without our knowledge and we lost the preferred seats that we had paid for.

If you paid extra for preferred seats then lost them due to flight rescheduling, they should refund that money.

LoveChops, I forgot to mention that we took this same cruise two years ago, and we absolutely loved it. The itinerary was wonderful, the passengers congenial, and it really was one of the best vacations we've ever had. We'd love to go again. I hope you have a wonderful time!

After the cruise, we rented a car one-way to drive home to Syracuse, as it was so much cheaper than flying, and actually quicker for us. However, I want to caution you again about renting a car and touring yourselves. The traffic can be pretty unforgiving. Once we were out of the city, we were ok. But, if I had been a cat, I think I lost a few of my nine lives that day maneuvering through the city. Just my two cents....:)

I live in Montreal and when we have to go somewhere we never know how long it will take because there is a lot of work in progress in the streets.