serenade of seas (gathering information)

I see you have posted several times regarding this. Understood. My advice is to use the very helpful "Search this Forum" function one page back, on the right hand side about half way. Type "Serenade" into the search box and you will get, literally, hundreds of threads about this ship. The info is out there for the reading - lots to read!

Have fun. :)

Anyone that's been on the "serenade" in the last year please help me with any info on the cruise? I'll be traveling with my kids Thanksgiving week.....

Is there something you wish to know about the ship? I know nothing about children. :)

Anyone that's been on the "serenade" in the last year please help me with any info on the cruise? I'll be traveling with my kids Thanksgiving week.....

Just got off this ship, had a gret time travelling with our 2,5 year old son.

How many kids and how old are they? You will have a wonderful Cruise and so will your kids, let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to help!

Just got off this ship, had a gret time travelling with our 2,5 year old son.

How many kids and how old are they? You will have a wonderful Cruise and so will your kids, let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to help!

I'm so glad to find someone that's just gotten off the ship.. my kids are much older 14,17,19,24. I Want to know any and everything you can share about the ship please.... where were your ports?

Just got off the 9 night Barcelona to Rome on the Serenade. I saved the Daily Compass from each night. Is there anything specific you would like to know?

Anything you could share with me would be great! Any helpful tips of things to bring or not waste time packing..... we are going to different ports so guess I won't need that... can you scan any of the compasses on here?

You'll get a lot more information if you ask some questions other than "tell me about the cruise.......". At least specify are you asking about the SHIP or the CRUISE(ports).

We've been on Brilliance and Jewel (sister ships). They're beautiful, lots of glass and water views. There should be a rock wall and mini golf for the kids. On these and most ships, pools are small, don't expect too much in that regard. There will be a separate daily "Cruise Compass" each day listing activities for the kids. Room steward will leave it in your room each night.

Anything you can share about the ship would be great! Thanks

They are beautiful ships, with as mentioned, lots of glass. Glass elevators that look out at the ocean. Outside dining at the back of the Windjammer. Mini golf, rock wall. I think your 19 year old can gamble if he or she wants to. There are amazing, self leveling pool tables in the Safari Club aft of the Schooner Bar. The kids can't drink obviously, but they can be in the lounges for activities. The younger kids might be interested in Adventure Ocean activities and meeting new friends. I have read that they should attend the first night's meet & mingle at AO.

Park Café in the solarium has great snacks with wraps, sandwiches, chips and pizza.

Most of the activities are in the centrum, out by the pool or in the pub or Schooner Bar or Safari Club. There is usually a family scavenger hunt that is fun.

There is small cinema where you can watch movies, and also a big screen by the pool.

You should sign up for the roll call for your cruise, so you can chat with others on your sailing. :)

You'll get a lot more information if you ask some questions other than "tell me about the cruise.......". At least specify are you asking about the SHIP or the CRUISE(ports).

We've been on Brilliance and Jewel (sister ships). They're beautiful, lots of glass and water views. There should be a rock wall and mini golf for the kids. On these and most ships, pools are small, don't expect too much in that regard. There will be a separate daily "Cruise Compass" each day listing activities for the kids. Room steward will leave it in your room each night.

Point taken, thank you..... guess I'm just have so many questions :)...

Anything you could share with me would be great! Any helpful tips of things to bring or not waste time packing..... we are going to different ports so guess I won't need that... can you scan any of the compasses on here?

On the web, check out "Beyond Ships.com" maybe you'll find some information you're looking for. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I'm so glad to find someone that's just gotten off the ship.. my kids are much older 14,17,19,24. I Want to know any and everything you can share about the ship please.... where were your ports?

Oh, anything and Everything, well that´s alot ;-)

Here´s a link to my (not very detailed Cruise Review)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=261679

You are travelling with a bunch of older kids and they will have no problem to entertain themselves, sports Court, rock climbing wall, disco etc.

I recommend that you try to get a big table on the outside aft part of the windjammer for a family dinner/lunch with a VIEW, so nice to sit out there during sunset.

Your youngest will probably like the games arcade that is a bit hidden behind the basketball Court, I did and I´m 32 :-)

The shows in the centrum is interesting, gets very crowded so come early for a drink and a seat!

Our ports: Toulon, Livorno, Ajaccio, Valletta, Messina, Salerno, Rome! I suppose that´s not gonna help you since you will be on a totally different itinerary.

Trying to figure out what else to tell?

We sailed Serenade of the Seas with our 20 and 16 year olds last month. The 16 year old said that the teen club was basically non-existent (i.e., no activities that were scheduled actually took place). She was also very disappointed that the nighttime disco closed to under 18's at 10 pm. However, they both found friends with whom they roamed around the ship until wee hours of the morning. By the way, there is a 1 am curfew for the under 18's.

Both kids loved the rock climbing wall.

Both kids complained that the music around the ship was very repetitive and extremely limited. Most venues limited music to 70's-80's, and none offered "modern" music from today.

There are amazing, self leveling pool tables in the Safari Club aft of the Schooner Bar.

And hopefully the cue sticks and pool balls I brought in January are still there and in good shape.:) I'm 'in the business' and the conditions of the accessories on Radiance left much to be desired.

And hopefully the cue sticks and pool balls I brought in January are still there and in good shape.:) I'm 'in the business' and the conditions of the accessories on Radiance left much to be desired.

That's wonderful! But I think she will be on Serenade. ;):D

That's wonderful! But I think she will be on Serenade. ;):D

These should be on Serenade, brought them figuring since they also had pool tables and (correctly) they might could use a little TLC. Plus a lot easier taking those in the car to NoLA than aboard a plane.

These should be on Serenade, brought them figuring since they also had pool tables and (correctly) they might could use a little TLC. Plus a lot easier taking those in the car to NoLA than aboard a plane.

That is very nice of you.