To Haven or Not to Haven on Jade

leapin_leprechaun

Hi all

i know its a regular query so apologies but i have a few specific queries.

my wife and i are taking my mum and sister on an eastern europe cruise form rome on Dec 3rd. We are toying with where to all stay and what best value is.

Haven seems a touch pricey over say a normal penthouse suite with large balcony, in AU $ penthouse with balcony $4000 and haven penthouse $6000 so10day cruse is $200 per day

I will note the cruse has 3 sea days and hence why considering the haven

1) if we stay in haven can we bring in guests, i.e. mum and sister from other categories of accommodation to enjoy benefits.

2) i am trying ascertain benefits and get we receive the free grog/booze and so forth but $200 per day seems like a lot of grog ? what woudlanyne qualify as the primary benefits and attribute value to same perhaps?

3)do the non haven penthouses receive any benefits over mini suites, i.e. are already a grade above normal and will it already be special ? Please dont consider mt elitist but trying to establish what we get :)

john

1 - Mini suites are deluxe balcony - no perks.

2 - The 2BR haven suites are identical to the 2 BR penthouse on other decks.

3 - You can bring guests to your haven cabin, but not the haven area.

4 - As a haven, or a suite guest, you have a number of perks including breakfast and lunch at Cagneys. Guests staying in other cabins do NOT have those perks. They can not join you for breakfast or lunch. (perks only apply to real suites, not mini)

5 - Only the Owners Suite(s) get the free booze. Not haven. Not penthouse.

Edited by garycarla

wow that was quick - awesome and we appreciate it

OK so looks like the penthouse is great value and Haven well its a new level but we will probably stick with penthouse on this info

thank you

Yes, we have done both and the haven is nice, but not that much.

Also, really think through the situation where part of your group are getting perks and the others are not.

We were on the Spirit and had booked a suite on the Jade for an upcoming cruise. We asked a cruise consultant on the Spirit if we should consider upgrading to the Haven. He said in his opinion we should wait to splurge on the Haven when we go on one of the newer bigger ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Spirit and had booked a suite on the Jade for an upcoming cruise. We asked a cruise consultant on the Spirit if we should consider upgrading to the Haven. He said in his opinion we should wait to splurge on the Haven when we go on one of the newer bigger ships.

LOL!!!!

Easy for someone else to suggest the splurge - not their money. In reality 90% of the people either can not afford suites, or do not think it is worth it. If they did, they would sell our quickly. Apparently lots of people think insides and oceanviews are just right.

But on the newest ships, all suites have Haven access even if they aren't located within the Haven.

LOL!!!!

Easy for someone else to suggest the splurge - not their money. In reality 90% of the people either can not afford suites, or do not think it is worth it. If they did, they would sell our quickly. Apparently lots of people think insides and oceanviews are just right.

Right! Which is why we were very surprised he did not try to talk us into spending the "splurge" money on the Jade! We were obviously thinking about it. So we stayed with the Suite we had already booked.

The Haven on the Jade is lovely! Very nice courtyard area and lovely concierge and butlers. Also, this is still a rather small haven, compared to epic and newer ships where haven has like 100+ guests.

Haven on Jewel class ships is smaller in both size and passengers so I wouldn't think too much about it. Haven on for example Breakaway class ships is quite large and we never felt that it was crowded on Getaway - of course not all can get seats right by the "pool" but that is the case in all Havens.

The Haven on the Jade is lovely! Very nice courtyard area and lovely concierge and butlers. Also, this is still a rather small haven, compared to epic and newer ships where haven has like 100+ guests.

Suites have the lovely concierges and butlers too. In fact when we were on the Jade there was a concierge and an assistant concierge who worked with the Haven and suite passengers. Had never seen an assistant concierge before.

• 3 months later...
Right! Which is why we were very surprised he did not try to talk us into spending the "splurge" money on the Jade! We were obviously thinking about it. So we stayed with the Suite we had already booked.

What a poor upgrade we took on our 1 dec cruise, first we love deck 10 aft, balconys are the largest, our corner suite was given up to take the not just a haven suite but the what we now see is the hated deluxe owners suite 1500o, 15500 was left empty for due to really having poor layout.

First the window wall over looking the pool area is great, nice sized desk to load all your dailys, and other mail. Lounge area fine with coffee table that we found afternoon snacks on daily. Our dinning table that was perfect for our 7am fruit and coffee pots. (never seen my husband eat so much fruit in 20 years)

Closet was poorly laid out, not enough hanger space put plenty of drawers, light switch was poor idea that turned on to much light at night when visiting rest room...shinned into bed area unless you closed door into closet. Bathroom area had no door, but small, I mean small shower has glass door that was flooding floor due to cracks when closed. Then the toilet closet, this is something that not even a 10 year old could enter and close door without standing over toilet. And that damn PHONE on the wall fell off the receiver most of the time.

Now for the balcony, let me start by saying we understand WIND while cruising can be heavy at times. We must be so used to the aft balconies that even having in the past the cruise in to villa (3 bedroom) on Star.

Owner suite on the Star with front and side balcony...

But this Deluxe Owners Suite is something that should have not been added to the ships, if maybe the glass wall looking forward was full height maybe the wind would not have moved the chairs and loungers around, Our poor hot tub was fine early morning just after docking, but than again if your moving not only is it windy but that wind spin is enough to jump the water into your face without even turning it on. We did visit the hot tub in the Haven area more than our own.

Our Haven Staff Members all seemed willing to go the extra mile in anything we needed. Butler was more than happy to spend time asking what we needed each night for the following day, and each morning. Our wonder young man who took care of the hot tub and Deck chairs tried to help as much as possible with wind conditions. And staff member who served food in the haven more than happy to see ANYONE who visited.

Now this Haven AREA was nice but found it a little to warm to eat in during the afternoon and morning needed to open roof sooner to let in fresh air.

So in ten days we visited the Haven Court Yard for three breakfast, two lunch, 5 late night hot tub visits

the cruise ended with both of us arriving home with really bad colds, do not blame NCL for that...

But the poor bathroom layout and deck, give us the aft cabin any day

Donna

Donna,

That Deluxe Owner's Suite you had used to be the Concierge lounge. NCL changed it into a "Deluxe Owner's Suite". The regular Owner's Suites on the Jade are really nice with 2 balcony's and not laid out in the same way at all. There is a solid door for both bathrooms. There is also a more than generous walk-in closet with vanity area. Sorry you had a miserable time with the Deluxe Owner's Suite. I knew about the staircase and that's what prevented me from wanting to try that suite. From your description, now I know how bad the layout really is.

Hi all

i know its a regular query so apologies but i have a few specific queries.

my wife and i are taking my mum and sister on an eastern europe cruise form rome on Dec 3rd. We are toying with where to all stay and what best value is.

Haven seems a touch pricey over say a normal penthouse suite with large balcony, in AU $ penthouse with balcony $4000 and haven penthouse $6000 so10day cruse is $200 per day

I will note the cruse has 3 sea days and hence why considering the haven

1) if we stay in haven can we bring in guests, i.e. mum and sister from other categories of accommodation to enjoy benefits.

2) i am trying ascertain benefits and get we receive the free grog/booze and so forth but $200 per day seems like a lot of grog ? what woudlanyne qualify as the primary benefits and attribute value to same perhaps?

3)do the non haven penthouses receive any benefits over mini suites, i.e. are already a grade above normal and will it already be special ? Please dont consider mt elitist but trying to establish what we get :)

john

We were just on the Jade this December and loved it. We stayed in a penthouse non-haven suite and squeezed 6 of us into the suite.

Take note, if you stay in a suite but other members of your party don't, I don't think your other members would be eligible for suite perks especially the Cagney's perk which was lovely.

Originally, we did not want to squeeze 6 people into the penthouse suite (4 adults and 2 kids). The original plan was just for my family (2 adults and 2 kids) to stay in the penthouse suite and my parents to stay in the adjoining balcony room, or an inside cabin just opposite our suite.

However, we were told that the other 2 pax would not be able to join us in Cagney's. So, we decided to just go ahead to squeeze the 6 of us in one suite. There was enough bedding for all.

Sure, it was tight, but we prefer to see it as cosy and intimate. We had two toilets so that solved the toilet problem.

If have your breakfast in the suite cabin the butler will bring enough for everyone.

In the winter months in Europe on the Jade the Haven has added value as you can use it all day when often the outside areas will be unusable.

The haven butler will bring breakfast to the seating area so you don't have to venture out to Cagnies, depending on the guest mix you can get lucky and have the place to yourself a lot of the time.

If going 6 up in a 2 bed the other advantage of the Haven is there is another bathroom/shower and more space to spread out just outside the door.

anyone looking should consider the upcoming Jan cruises some great rates with UDP and UBP.

5 - Only the Owners Suite(s) get the free booze. Not haven. Not penthouse.

Untrue. The 2 H1 GVs 14000 & 14500, both physically reside in the Haven, each receives 6 bottles (in fact, twice as many as each of the Owner Suites on 9th and 10th forward corners receives) of free liquor.

The H2 DOS, also resides in the Haven, receives 3 bottles of free liquor.