Navigator,best deck.

janecambridge

Curious if anyone has ever stayed in suite 702 or 703 on the Navigator?

I know there is vibration in the aft, but how much "motion" is there so far forward?

The reason I ask about those two cabins is the fact that they are connected to Grand Suites. I suspect that Regent gave considerable thought to where such expensive suites should be located on board the Navigator and whether or not there would be complaints for guests booking suites so far forward.

I'm considering 702 or 703 and would greatly appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

I know there is vibration in the aft, but how much "motion" is there so far forward?

The reason I ask about those two cabins is the fact that they are connected to Grand Suites. I suspect that Regent gave considerable thought to where such expensive suites should be located on board the Navigator and whether or not there would be complaints for guests booking suites so far forward.

I'm considering 702 or 703 and would greatly appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

There is a noise issue that is heard by guests in the Master and Grand suites but I am not positive that it is heard in 702 or 703. It would be head in 700 and 701. The anchor going up (or down) early in the morning is better than roosters on a farm. However, you may not want to wake up at the crack of dawn when you are on vacation.

In terms of the sea, in suites that far forward, you feel waves going both forward and back as well as side to side (probably not the technical description for what you feel but that is what you feel). Being on deck 7, it may not be too bad. It is very pronounced on the upper decks.

To be safe, I would go just a bit further back on deck 7 if anything is available. Hopefully someone who has stayed in one of those suites will respond. We have stayed in forward suites on the Navigator but only on decks 10 (1001) and deck 11 (1125).

Edited by Travelcat2

We have just had an email from our TA to say that the hotels that are given for passengers going from Gatwick to Miami are sold out.If we booked an E or below we get an overnight pre board stay,if we book a concierge or above we get an overnight stay in a luxury hotel.Part of the price..But as they are sold out we have to pay for our own hotel in E or below and we get £100 compensation each for concierge or above.We will have to sort out our own transfers too.Hmmmmm....

Agree that change is good but think you may want to pack some seasickness meds. - just in case. The only time my DH has ever been really seasickness on a ship, over 20 cruises, was on deck 11 on the Navigator. We love it up high as long as the seas are calm.

Actually TC the bumpier the better. When everyone is green we are loving the movement --helps us sleep like babies. We did realize that we needed to stop saying how much we love the movement as it makes people turn even greener :)

Debi

Oh, the one time we booked a window suite, it was on Deck 6 and yes, there was a crew walkway. No, there are no walkways on the veranda suites.... the veranda takes the place of a walkway, so bad choice of wording on my part. If we should ever book a veranda suite again, it'll be on Deck 5 as I can see there are no walkways on that deck. I really did dislike having a crew walkway outside our window, though, as we had no privacy unless we closed the drape.

We were in 702 on our very first Navigator cruise... back when Radisson was the owner. It was a Caribbean cruise and the seas were very, very rough throughout the entire cruise. And the motion we felt so far forward was terrible. We spent just about every waking moment down in the public areas on Deck 6 where the motion was much less. Since then we always book a suite on Deck 6 and one that is much closer to the center of the ship.

We have just had an email from our TA to say that the hotels that are given for passengers going from Gatwick to Miami are sold out.If we booked an E or below we get an overnight pre board stay,if we book a concierge or above we get an overnight stay in a luxury hotel.Part of the price..But as they are sold out we have to pay for our own hotel in E or below and we get £100 compensation each for concierge or above.We will have to sort out our own transfers too.Hmmmmm....

That sounds like a whole lot of extra £. Are they unable to provide the hotel or transfers in the penthouse suites either? Try asking if they have available hotels/transfers on flights from Heathrow?

We just returned from an early August cruise on Navigator. We were in suite 851, eighth deck midship-concierge level.

Location was perfect. Near the stairs/elevators. Very quiet floor as well.

concierge level was definitely worth it. With that level comes the perks of reserving your desired excursions, and Prime reservation earlier than those on any level below that.

My DH is a retired Coast Guard officer. He choose midship just in case the weather got rough. We didn't have any issues.

We were totally spoiled. Wish it was us going again, but alas not yet.

Bin Voyage

That sounds like a whole lot of extra £. Are they unable to provide the hotel or transfers in the penthouse suites either? Try asking if they have available hotels/transfers on flights from Heathrow?

Yes it is a lot extra.We have tried Heathrow and it's alot more excess payment.

Virgin - £98 return supplement per person for economy both ways

BA - £198 return supplement per person for economy both ways

Virgin - £49 per person economy out and £299 per person premium back

BA - £99 per person economy out and £349 per person world traveller plus

This is adding up and adding up.

Disappointed a I put so much effort into it as a special treat for my husband who is going through a rough patch.We have had a holiday or two this year but I wanted to surprise him..Oh well.Lets look at Princess!!!!

:(

We just returned from an early August cruise on Navigator. We were in suite 851, eighth deck midship-concierge level.

Location was perfect. Near the stairs/elevators. Very quiet floor as well.

concierge level was definitely worth it. With that level comes the perks of reserving your desired excursions, and Prime reservation earlier than those on any level below that.

My DH is a retired Coast Guard officer. He choose midship just in case the weather got rough. We didn't have any issues.

We were totally spoiled. Wish it was us going again, but alas not yet.

Bin Voyage

Probably not us either now.Sadly.....

Yes it is a lot extra.We have tried Heathrow and it's alot more excess payment.

Virgin - £98 return supplement per person for economy both ways

BA - £198 return supplement per person for economy both ways

Virgin - £49 per person economy out and £299 per person premium back

BA - £99 per person economy out and £349 per person world traveller plus

This is adding up and adding up.

Disappointed a I put so much effort into it as a special treat for my husband who is going through a rough patch.We have had a holiday or two this year but I wanted to surprise him..Oh well.Lets look at Princess!!!!

:(

Too bad you're letting this change your vacation. You stated you get 200 pounds returned in a Concierge. That's about $300. That will get you a nice hotel + cab fares in Miami (hotel->port). It will not be a luxury hotel, but it will be nice.

Deck 5 on the Navigator has all Window Suites. Deck 6 has a combination of Window Suites and Veranda Suites.

Duh! I meant to say if we ever book another Window Suite, it'll be on Deck 5 so we won't have crew peeking in the window. I realize there are no Veranda Suites on that level.

Thank you for your insights, Travelcat.

Journeyfan, I'm not happy to hear about very rough seas in the Caribbean!

Not anything I'm looking forward to. We would be traveling in the Caribbean in February. Maybe I ought to rethink 702 / 703!

Just like the weather, the seas are unpredictable and changeable. We have had "sort of" rough seas out of Miami - the first night but not always. Although we rarely use seasick meds, we do travel with Bonine, a medication from the U.K. and electronic wrist bands., At the first sign of rough seas, we take 1/2 of a Bonine - just in case:-)

The last two weeks in Jan this past year were very rough in the Western Caribbean, judging from postings we read on CC, but when we took that trip in early Feb, the seas were quite calm (though we were on the much larger Oceania Riviera). The Caribbean can be very rough that time of year. We were in #702 in early March of 2003 on the Navigator; seas were incredibly rough and we did suffer. We also sailed the Caribbean on Navigator (but this time on Deck 6, mid-level) in Feb of 07, Feb of 10, and in March of 11 and the seas were reasonably calm most of the time. You may have no problem; but if there are any cabins closer to the elevators still available on either Deck 6 or 7, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change your booking.

Have booked Navigator penthouse cabin.at last.

I believe this is a guarantee which means allocated on arrival?

Never had a butler before,seen a butler before or indeed met a butler before,so what can he do for us?

Also the cruise is in November,could we be too late to book any decent shore excursions online? ( just about to find the funds)! Do people cancel?

Our butler makes me decaf tea to keep in the fridge--I go thru almost a pitcher a day!

He makes dinner reservations. He answers ANY question that we may have. He brings yummy appetizers. He gets us an egg crate mattress pad çause the mattress is so HARD! IN short--anything your heart desires!

Debi

The butler will also unpack and pack for you but this is something we prefer to do ourselves. The butler does many things that the stewardess and/or steward will do but with more personalized service. If you order room service, for instance, your butler will be the one to set it up in your suite or on the balcony. He also gets your shoes shined for you. If you need to cancel a shore excursion or dining reservation, let him know and he will handle it.

The first time we sailed in a suite with a butler, we had no desire to have one. Now we look forward not only to his service but to learning about his background, family, etc. They are really nice gentlemen.

We also were not sure what to do with the butler the first time. However, over several cruises they have been very helpful. When on the Amazon, he made sure to clean our shoes every day to remove sand and dirt. Also, on a long tour day, we advised him that we would have dinner in our suite and everything was set up perfectly. On our Jan Sydney to Singapore, we had a family emergency (our beloved dog) and he checked with us to see what he could do - just the right amount. I find on Regent that that are very personable and all you have do is ask.

Years ago when Regent owned the Paul Gauguin, we had our very first suite with a butler.

As I went to handle some paperwork with the front desk, the diminutive 40ish butler Joaquim from Spain introduced himself to my wife. His last words to her were, "Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, anything at all (wink wink)." It was pretty funny...sort of.

Needless to say, we made sure that Joaquim never again entered our suite, nor have we ever felt the need to have another butler on a Regent ship...

That being said, we always have a PH on Oceania Riviera or Marina, and there we have had great butlers who are particularly useful for serving course-by-course meals in our suite, e.g., the last night when we are packing and the cuising served in the MDR tends to be particularly mediocre.

Edited by JPR

Years ago when Regent owned the Paul Gauguin, we had our very first suite with a butler.

As I went to handle some paperwork with the front desk, the diminutive 40ish butler Joaquim from Spain introduced himself to my wife. His last words to her were, "Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, anything at all (wink wink)." It was pretty funny...sort of.

Needless to say, we made sure that Joaquim never again entered our suite, nor have we ever felt the need to have another butler on a Regent ship...

That being said, we always have a PH on Oceania Riviera or Marina, and there we have had great butlers who are particularly useful for serving course-by-course meals in our suite, e.g., the last night when we are packing and the cuising served in the MDR tends to be particularly mediocre.

Your Paul Gauguin butler sounds creepy. Glad to hear that you have had great butlers since.:)