Why Discounts For EMT/Police/Fire ? ... and not ....

F27TW

it's not about who has the most dangerous jobs. It's about having people on board who will run towards the trouble, and assist, instead of running away from it. This is what first responders do every day - police, firefighters, emts and our military personnel.

When you say "hospital staff," that could include everyone from the e.r. Docs to the person who works in the gift shop. How do you differentiate?

I had 17 years as an emt, 8 as a firefighter and 2 as a dispatcher before i got sick in 2010. Despite being "disabled" for the last five years, i still automatically run towards the problem whenever one occurs.

:) Thumbs up.

Edited by love2cruise56

As stated I have yet to ever see a discount even though it is "offered".. I would like to hear if anyone has actually gotten the discount and what state it was,etc.

I am booked on an October 2015 Oasis cruise and I booked onboard the Legend in Jan. 2015. We live in Alabama and my DW and I each received a $372.00 residency discount.

The booking agent never mentioned it and I discovered it only after the confirmation was printed. The residency discount disappeared shortly afterwards.

Its strange Ive sailed royal 6 times now and this coming cruise will be the only cruise I got a firefighter discount.Same cruise as last yr and same month.But whatever because in the end Im still paying what I paid for last years cruise this year,Just a play on numbers maybe,IDK

As stated I have yet to ever see a discount even though it is "offered".. I would like to hear if anyone has actually gotten the discount and what state it was,etc.

We've used it twice, both were about 100 savings off the regular price and both were last minute (and GREAT deal). I rarely see the discount pop up for cruises far in advance : ) luckily we live in fl and last minute getaways are possible! Oh and I havent seen much seen the 'we dont discount last minute' thing went into effect