Hotel in Auckland?

Mypka

We are flying out home to LAX from Aucklad at the end of our cruise.

Is there a 5* hotel you are particular fond of? I would like a nice location with a veiw, proximity to tourist attractions.

Has been considering Skycity Grand. So, what do you think?

We are flying out home to LAX from Aucklad at the end of our cruise.

Is there a 5* hotel you are particular fond of? I would like a nice location with a veiw, proximity to tourist attractions.

Has been considering Skycity Grand. So, what do you think?

I haven't stayed in a 5 star hotel in Auckland, but suggest that any would be great as the city is lovely and the 3 star place we stayed at was wonderful ( a few years back now). Perhaps some accommodation sites like wotif or booking_com will help and you can check out how far up the hill the hotel is for the best views.:D

Its actually the Hilton on the Pier...very nice...very expensive. Stayed there once...but someone else was picking up the tab.

SkyCity Grand is also very chic as is the Grand Chancellor. In fact there are quite a few 5* places in AUk..so check out the accommodation sites.

cheers

We have stayed at the Stamford Plaza, very nice! It is walking distance from the Cruise Terminal. Auckland also has a good bus system to get you to the airport. We got caught the first time we were there and got a taxi. Cost $90 in peak hour. The bus was less than $10 at the time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

MYPKA...Take my advice, avoid the Quadrant Hotel if you can, up the hill opposite the University. We stayed there post cruise last year, part of Celebrity Solstice cruise package. The Quadrant is being used as defacto student accommodation for the Uni opposite. Very noisy with student parties when we were there. Plus it is isolated, long walk back up the hill from the CBD.

As Uncle Les says, 'Above all enjoy. !!'

Edited by NSWP

I have stayed at the Sky City Grand and can recommend it without any reservations. Excellent service, nicely appointed rooms and bathrooms, and obviously near the Sky Tower. Not a too far walk downhill to the waterfront. But, it is an uphill walk to get to the hotel from that area. Plenty of taxis, though, and bus transportation closeby.

Plan on having, at least, cocktails at the Sky Tower Lounge at sunset. This is a very fond memory of mine of my most recent visit to Auckland. I had a very good dinner at their restaurant as well. Being in New Zealand, had to have lamb!

I have stayed at the Sky City Grand and can recommend it without any reservations. Excellent service, nicely appointed rooms and bathrooms, and obviously near the Sky Tower. Not a too far walk downhill to the waterfront. But, it is an uphill walk to get to the hotel from that area. Plenty of taxis, though, and bus transportation closeby.

Plan on having, at least, cocktails at the Sky Tower Lounge at sunset. This is a very fond memory of mine of my most recent visit to Auckland. I had a very good dinner at their restaurant as well. Being in New Zealand, had to have lamb!

With Mint peas and sauce I hope.:D

I didn't mind the Quadrant, pros and cons.

But I wouldn't class it as 5* in any case.

The Asian students cooking smells at the Quadrant put me off. 3 star at most, but the cruise lines use it as a pre/post cruise hotel. Reason why I raised it. But then it was March last year I stayed there, might have improved, the Big M.

Edited by NSWP

The Asian students cooking smells at the Quadrant put me off. 3 star at most, but the cruise lines use it as a pre/post cruise hotel. Reason why I raised it. But then it was March last year I stayed there, might have improved, the Big M.

That's not an extra you need at a hotel!

I found the rooms a bit small, although on the whole found it okay, just that it wasn't graded as 5* which the OP was after so was already out of the running.