Laundry

like-to-cruise

There has been at least one on every NCL cruise that I've taken for the past number of years and most of those cruises were only 7-day cruises. I would imagine that they will have two stuff-the-bag laundry specials on a 12-day cruise.

On the 12 day cruise on the Breakaway is there a laundry special half way through the cruise. (Stuff the laundry for one price?)

We are also doing the 12 day Jan 4th, I was thinking wow, I'm going to have to wash those Jeans before putting them back on Day 10 1/2. we better practice rolling clothes at home to get the best fit in those bags! But PR has a nice laundry mat right in port.

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I just want to make sure I understand correctly about the laundry bag regardless of ship.

I can use it any day I want to send out laundry.

I can put into the bag all I can get to fit regardless of item type (not just underwear but also things like shirts and pants).

It's about $30 per bag of laundry.

There are specials during the cruise when the bag of laundry costs about $28.

There is no unlimited laundry package that I can buy.

I've never cruised NCL and I'm just learning how things work on this line.

Thanks,

Cindy

HI!

I just want to make sure I understand correctly about the laundry bag regardless of ship.

I can use it any day I want to send out laundry.

I can put into the bag all I can get to fit regardless of item type (not just underwear but also things like shirts and pants).

It's about $30 per bag of laundry.

There are specials during the cruise when the bag of laundry costs about $28.

There is no unlimited laundry package that I can buy.

I've never cruised NCL and I'm just learning how things work on this line.

Thanks,

Cindy

Actually you are wrong about the laundry bag except when they have the special "Fill a bag, pay $27,99". Laundry has to be paid per item if there is not a "bag special" - and a full bag will probably cost much more than $30.00....

Here is a price list from 2012, the prices are similar in 2014:

IMG_4663.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

and even when there is a fill the bag, you have to itemize what goes in the bag

2 shirts

3 shorts

1 slacks

yada yada...its a royal pain to have all the laundry in the bag and have to take it out and re-pack it after itemizing it...I know as I had to do it, and by the way if you are "gold" you get a laundry discount, and platinum a free bag of laundry done...

and even when there is a fill the bag, you have to itemize what goes in the bag

2 shirts

3 shorts

1 slacks

yada yada...its a royal pain to have all the laundry in the bag and have to take it out and re-pack it after itemizing it...I know as I had to do it, and by the way if you are "gold" you get a laundry discount, and platinum a free bag of laundry done...

I just fill it out as I "go" - putting the most "important" stuff in the bag first, and then the rest as much as I can. I have become some sort of expert in this - it is unbelievable how much laundry I manage to squeeze in to one bag.... :p

Tip: I do NOT roll any of the clothing, I pack it as flat as possible in the bag while the bag is laying flat on the bed.

PS: Both my husband and I are Platinum, so we take advantage of the free laundry at least twice on every cruise.

Edited by TrumpyNor

• 4 weeks later...
I just fill it out as I "go" - putting the most "important" stuff in the bag first, and then the rest as much as I can. I have become some sort of expert in this - it is unbelievable how much laundry I manage to squeeze in to one bag.... :p

Tip: I do NOT roll any of the clothing, I pack it as flat as possible in the bag while the bag is laying flat on the bed.

PS: Both my husband and I are Platinum, so we take advantage of the free laundry at least twice on every cruise.

Do you have to be able to close the bag at the top?

• 1 month later...
Hi, i would like to know if you can use 2 laundry bags special on the same day when they have the special "Fill a bag, pay $27,99" ? Or is it limited to only one per room ?:confused:

I have the same question! I'm on the same Med. cruise in March and am already worried about packing and laundry.

yes, you can use two bags and get the special on each. We are platinum, and on 12 day cruises we have done laundry 3 times, 2 bags. We just write platinum on the bag with our room number.

The platinum benefit (free laundry) is obviously not the same as the 27.99/bag special, and in my experience how the two are administered varies from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise on the same ship.

We've seen variations on the platinum benefit that have ranged from one bag per person per cruise on the day of your choice to one bag per person per cruise but only on the same day as the 27.99 special to as many bags as you wished at any time during the cruise. On our just-completed 12 night Gem cruise the free platinum laundry was limited to one bag per platinum member for the cruise, to be used on the day of your choosing.

The number of times the 27.99 special is offered also varies from cruise to cruise...normally increasing with the length of the cruise (it was offered twice on our just-completed 12 night Gem cruise).