Cruising out of San Francisco

Arizona-Cruising

Looking for CC recommendations;

How far is the port from the airport?

Most of the Hotels say 11 to 13 miles from airport?

We just need somewhere to sleep not looking for a $300.00 room.

3 star hotel will work for one night.

Is there local transportation CC members use when cruising out of the San Fran port.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Though I use SFO as my "port of choice", I take the train into The City, then the Amtrak bus to the port.

The airport is a considerable distance from The City proper, and the port. I'd look into taking BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) if you don't have much luggage, or a cab if you do. Hotels can get expensive tho. [/ COLOR]

You can stay at a decent hotel near airport. The cab ride to port will run you about $50.00. Overall you will save money. Or you can stay near airport, take the hotel shuttle back to airport and get a princess shuttle thing to port. I have never done the Princess shuttle but believe they do it.

You can stay at a decent hotel near airport. The cab ride to port will run you about $50.00. Overall you will save money. Or you can stay near airport, take the hotel shuttle back to airport and get a princess shuttle thing to port. I have never done the Princess shuttle but believe they do it.

I ditto what John said.

Looking for CC recommendations;

How far is the port from the airport?

Most of the Hotels say 11 to 13 miles from airport?

We just need somewhere to sleep not looking for a $300.00 room.

3 star hotel will work for one night.

Is there local transportation CC members use when cruising out of the San Fran port.

Any advise will be appreciated.

We stayed at the Best Western El Rancho. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel. You can then book Super Shuttle that will pick you up at the airport the next day and take you to the ship. Best Western will take you back to the airport (free of charge). It's a clean hotel and close to the airport. Super Shuttle might make a couple of pick ups and drop off, but it's no big deal. The taxi is very expensive!!!

It's possible to fly into Oakland Int'l Airport (right across the bay) and take Bart from there. It's significantly cheaper for us. (We always fly Southwest to the Bay Area.) The problems are lugging your luggage (which is where it got its name:)) on and off the bus to the Bart terminal and then onto the Bart train and then off when you get to San Francisco. If cost is a big factor, this would be the way to go.

Edited by shredie

It's possible to fly into Oakland Int'l Airport (right across the bay) and take Bart from there. It's significantly cheaper for us. (We always fly Southwest to the Bay Area.) The problems are lugging your luggage (which is where it got its name:)) on and off the bus to the Bart terminal and then onto the Bart train and then off when you get to San Francisco. If cost is a big factor, this would be the way to go.

You can take BART from SFO also. No bus to deal with. The station is in the Terminal. :D

Cheers, Denise

You can take BART from SFO also. No bus to deal with. The station is in the Terminal. :D

Cheers, Denise

Yes, that's true, but we always end up on Southwest to Oakland for the cheaper airfares. Bart from SFO is indeed less of a hassle.

Cruiser Bruce I second your reply NO Frisco in CA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far as suggestions to port. You could BART to Embarcadero station, Hyatt Embarcadero is right at the top of platform. You could catch a cab from there to the Pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Frisco Tx. or Frisco Co.? No Frisco in California.
Thank You Bruce!! You beat me to it.

We stayed at the Hotel Mayflower last month. It is a good hotel downtown. It was $145 per night with free breakfast. Comfortable, quiet and convenient. Took Supershuttle in from the airport and a cab to the pier. Bought a Muni pass and rode buses, cable car and trolleys around town.

Rick