Do you post on social media while you are on vacation/cruising.

cruisecritiquer

Like a previous poster, we don't really like to "advertise" that we're away for a few days. Usually a quick check-in call to the folks once we're settled in, then we "disconnect" for the duration. My job is very much "on/connected" all of the time so I relish the total downtime. Photos get posted and shared once we return.

Not at all. I do not want people on social media to know we are away. I post all about our vacation when we return.

This.

I commented on this topic in that silly luggage tag thread. Folks are up in arms about having their address on a luggage tag, but will post incessantly about every detail of their trip to social media.

Not wise.

I don't do Facebook, Instagram or any of that at all! All I do is post here.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Ditto......no social media for me normally.

On a cruise I do keep my phone with me, but it is turned off for all except text messages. Need way to keep in touch with elderly mom..and children. It was fun teaching my mom at 84 years old to text. She does pretty good. Lol. I can relax better on the cruise when I have heard from home, and know all is well. DH leaves everything at home..

Safe sailing

I don't post much on social media in general, it's just not my thing. But I will occasionally post a photo on facebook when I'm on vacation. My profile, including photos, is only visible to my "friends", which I have less than 100, and all of whom I know in person. If you are concerned about robberies, I suggest you review your privacy settings and your friends list.

Same here--I actually have fewer than 40 FB friends and they're all close friends and family so they already know I'm going on vacation. :D DD knows to not post anything about vacation on her FB (she has several hundred "friends" and who knows who's talking to whom) and I make sure I don't tag her in any vacation photos until we're home. My house never sits empty when I'm on a cruise--I have a house/pet sitter to care for my dog and cats, so I don't worry any more when I'm gone than when I'm home.

A quick editorial on my feelings about Facebook. For those of you who enjoy using it make absolutely sure you have very good anti-virus, malware checkers, etc. installed on your computers. Facebook is a haven for all kinds of nasty internet related "bugs" Information isn't the only thing shared through there. ;)

We have a lodger who we trust, and usually have a live in petsitter for our two dogs, so I'm not too concerned about people knowing we're out of town. Plenty of deterrents to robbing us - and not too much worth stealing ;).

If we're traveling in the US, I'll post a photo to Facebook now and then. Most of my vacation photos are on my real camera, but now and then I'll snap something on my phone and share it. If we're out of the country with wifi, I check in in the evenings but don't do a whole lot of posting. Our upcoming cruise is our first, and I don't know what I'll do. I'm not bringing the computer and not planning to use ship's wifi, and I'm really looking forward to disconnecting (I'm a little too attached to my phone), but I may pop onto port wifi with my phone or use the internet cafe a few times just so I know all is well at home, and since I'll be traveling pregnant, to assure home that all is well with us. It's worth a couple bucks and ten minutes of my vacation to know that the house and the pets are all ok.