motorized scooter/elevator

zacc

I would prefer to back into elevator and pull out but it's not feasible on a cruise ship unless you are at the very end, either fore or aft and even then you'll most likely encounter other cruisers. I just pull in and my DW helps run interference if I need to get off before others do.

For me, I'd much rather pull in forward because that way I can see how far into the lift I can get and I tend not to squash toes. When backing out, I find that most people are kind and step out to allow me to back out. I have found it difficult to back into the lift.

I pull in forward. Of course you need an empty or almost empty car. People are kind and always move to the sides so that I could have the center. At busy times, get on any empty car that comes long. It doesn't matter up or down.You will get to your floor eventually. Nothing to worry about, just go very slow when people are around and have a great time!

I used to go in forward, dead center in the elevator when I first started cruising. After awhile I discovered that it is easier for me if I try to aim for the right rear corner (if available), at a slight angle, with my sister to my right near the rear of the scooter. It is easy to get out this way, at a slight angle, and sets you up to turn as you back out so you don't head for that staircase that is right across from the elevator door! Nobody mentioned *that*.

If the elevator is empty, I head for the left corner and then hit a hard right and turn around so I am facing outwards. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does if I am at the forward or aft elevators.

M.

I used to go in forward, dead center in the elevator when I first started cruising. After awhile I discovered that it is easier for me if I try to aim for the right rear corner (if available), at a slight angle, with my sister to my right near the rear of the scooter. It is easy to get out this way, at a slight angle, and sets you up to turn as you back out so you don't head for that staircase that is right across from the elevator door! Nobody mentioned *that*.

If the elevator is empty, I head for the left corner and then hit a hard right and turn around so I am facing outwards. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does if I am at the forward or aft elevators.

M.

I was never on a ship with the stairs right across from elevator since using a scooter. Scary! :eek:

Every Princess ship I've ever been on has some elevators like this. Generally not the aft ones, but most of the others. And yes, it is scary.

M.

I was never on a ship with the stairs right across from elevator since using a scooter. Scary! :eek:

Hi,

I always reverse into them as if there are people in there they stay stationary and move out of the way if required. I have the speed setting on its lowest.

It is also safer to pull out going forward as people quite often try to get in before anyone has got out. I am very wary of children, if I am driving forward I can see them, it is more difficult to see them when reversing.

I always thank people even if they have done nothing to help.

Last thing - never fart in a lift.

Pete

Hi,

I always reverse into them as if there are people in there they stay stationary and move out of the way if required. I have the speed setting on its lowest.

It is also safer to pull out going forward as people quite often try to get in before anyone has got out. I am very wary of children, if I am driving forward I can see them, it is more difficult to see them when reversing.

I always thank people even if they have done nothing to help.

Last thing - never fart in a lift.

Pete

LOL Thanks for a good laugh, Pete. As for me pulling in forward, I always have my son or husband to hold the door open and look out for people as I back out. And of course at lowest speed.

• 1 month later...

My hubby uses a power chair and can pull in elevators and turn his chair on a dime around so he is facing out when doors open...I love people who won't move, they would rather be run over I guess...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

My hubby uses a power chair and can pull in elevators and turn his chair on a dime around so he is facing out when doors open...I love people who won't move, they would rather be run over I guess...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Beats me what they're thinking, but listen to them yell if you bump them or run over their foot.

Take it slow til you feel confident.....and ncl has stairs right across from the elevator....horrified when I realized how many times I backed out without taking that into consideration!...yikes!....you will love having a scooter...wish I had done this many cruises ago...

Take it slow til you feel confident.....and ncl has stairs right across from the elevator....horrified when I realized how many times I backed out without taking that into consideration!...yikes!....you will love having a scooter...wish I had done this many cruises ago...

Oh yes how dangerous is that, I wonder how many have backed over the stairs?