QUANTUM Online Check-In Updated!

eroller

Our boarding time was changed to 11:15. Never sailed from New Jersey before and will be driving up from Baltimore. Does anyone know what happens if we get there an hour early. Thanks

That is a great question but I doubt any of us have the answer! For the Inaugural we have 10:30 boarding time on our Set Sail Pass but our edocs show a later time. We are using our Set Sail Pass and arriving in time to board at 10:30.

So they are advertising 10 Minutes from curb to on on board. Perhaps they should define "curb"! Worse case is that if you arrive prior to your appointment, you have to wait to get to the "curb"...but at least you are at the pier and not stuck in traffic somewhere.

Our boarding time was changed to 11:15. Never sailed from New Jersey before and will be driving up from Baltimore. Does anyone know what happens if we get there an hour early. Thanks

The "worst" that could happen is that you have to sit in the waiting room until they open up boarding. It will be in the new terminal that is being built so we will have to see what that is like. The construction company, OxBlue, has a webcam at http://oxblue.com/open/FitzpatrickNJ/CapeLiberty so you can follow construction. The camera is now aimed at the construction of the new parking garage. Hopefully, it will be finished before Quantum arrives.

I've ordered them no problem for all my previous Royal Caribbean cruises as well, and as previously mentioned I'm not Pinnacle or a suite passenger.

My experience has been once the tags have been ordered, the "request luggage tag" button changes to "print luggage tags" which is exactly what happened after I ordered the tags for my November 2 cruise.

I don't know when your last RCI cruise was, but I believe they changed the mailing of tags in January of this year. We went on the Oasis last October and had no problem. Then went on the Explorer this June and was told that if you are not a suite guest you have to pay $35 to have your tags mailed. We were in a suite so it was free but after asking twice, we finally received the tags after we returned home from our cruise. But I understand all are free for the 11/2 sailing.

Edited by Mythbuster

My experience has been once the tags have been ordered, the "request luggage tag" button changes to "print luggage tags" which is exactly what happened after I ordered the tags for my November 2 cruise.

Mine just says print. Have had no option to to have them mailed. I am on the Nov 20 cruise.

I miss the old days when they sent you a very nice pre-sail package, including the luggage tags. Now you need to print everything yourself.

I don't know when your last RCI cruise was, but I believe they changed the mailing of tags in January of this year. We went on the Oasis last October and had no problem. Then went on the Explorer this June and was told that if you are not a suite guest you have to pay $35 to have your tags mailed. We were in a suite so it was free but after asking twice, we finally received the tags after we returned home from our cruise. But I understand all are free for the 11/2 sailing.

It's actually been about 3 years since RCI changed to only sending out luggage tags to Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members.

Strange, I have been on many cruises (68) and have always received luggage tags and have only rarely been in a suite. I received some just a few weeks ago for our Quantum maiden in November. I actually get a kick out of printing my own then laminating them and attaching the tags with a zip tie. I use the cruiseline issued tags as back up ID on the bag!

Strange, I have been on many cruises (68) and have always received luggage tags and have only rarely been in a suite. I received some just a few weeks ago for our Quantum maiden in November. I actually get a kick out of printing my own then laminating them and attaching the tags with a zip tie. I use the cruiseline issued tags as back up ID on the bag!

I believe that everyone received them for the November 2 cruise.

It's actually been about 3 years since RCI changed to only sending out luggage tags to Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members.

That sounds right. We've printed our tags for several years. Once the announcement was made regarding the tags being discontinued for most on the line, I ordered the handy cruise critic luggage tags. They work really well. The Quantum maiden voyage cannot be held up as the standard. It might be a one off. I think everyone on the November 2 cruise has or will have the opportunity to order tags. :) Kirsten

Boy they don't make this new process easy. Inputting the photos and information was pretty straight forward.

Printing them was an exercise in frustration.

1. Seems to be a universal error the first attempt will come up with boarding group 'F' no matter which one you are signed up for. You need to open the second pass then go back to the first pass to get the proper group.

2. I use Firefox, my first attempt only printed the left 3/4 of the page and chopped off the rest. No matter portrait or landscape.

3. 10 pages later, and tries with multiple printers, I finally figured it out. With Firefox, you need to first do a print preview from the browser, then hit the shrink to fit, and only then will it print properly!

Hopefully I've spared someone from the same frustration I went through.

See you on the Quantum Friday December 12th.

I didnt start cruising until 2002 and remember the big welcome package that they used to send out in the day. It contained a catalog on shore excursions, had the luggage tags, a copy of cruise contracts and everything else. (This was on HAL)

I didnt start cruising until 2002 and remember the big welcome package that they used to send out in the day. It contained a catalog on shore excursions, had the luggage tags, a copy of cruise contracts and everything else. (This was on HAL)

Those wew the days waiting for the FEDEX truck and doing a doc dance

Toungue in cheek

LYNOT REALSON

STAFF REPORTER

A cruise document dance turned catastrophic yesterday morning after a missed step caused a traffic disaster.

Emergency crews were called to 325 Dundas St. West where Mary Robbins, an avid cruiser, was struck by a passing auto after her traditional celebration dance for the arrival of her cruise documents went terribly wrong.

“She was jumping around, having a great time,” a bystander says, “when she tripped on a large crack in the sidewalk, and fell into oncoming traffic. It was horrible.”

The driver of the suspect auto was also injured, when he steered into two other cars, trying to avoid Robbins. This caused six other cars to come crashing into the scene, leaving many with bumps and cuts, but no other serious injuries.

Robbins’ family told The Star: “She won’t be doing the doc dance ever again. She has definitely learned her lesson. We just hope her injuries fully heal in time for her September sailing on a Carnival Cruise Lines ship.”

Robbins suffered from a broken arm, and the driver of the vehicle suffered two broken ribs.

• 9 months later...

I know this is reviving an older thread but it seems to fit well here rather than creating a new thread.

Note on the picture of the SetSail Pass from the first post, there is a section showing "Security Photo: Complete". I just noticed yesterday why sometimes it was showing on my pass and sometimes it is not. Apparently if you log into your account, set everything up, add your picture, etc., it will show the "Complete" message. Subsequent logins to the account and going back to print will no longer show the "Complete" message or anything about the Security Photo for that matter. To get the message back on the form, you need to go to the Edit Guest Information section, it will show the photo you uploaded and then just hit the Exit button. Reload the SetSail Pass and magically the message is back again. Logout and log back in to your account, go to view the SetSail Pass again, surprise, it is gone again. Since my first sailing on Anthem will be in September, I have not experienced if this not being on the pass gives anyone any grief but I wanted to give everyone the quick and easy way to get the message back on the SetSail Pass before you actually print it out.

Knowing how quickly RCL jumps on these sort of website issues, I would imagine in a couple of years they will get this sorted. :)