Door Decor !

willow0325

Good morning fellow cruisers! We will be cruising over a holiday and I'd like to decorate our door a little bit. Does anyone know if the vinyl window clings will stick to the doors? I've read that Carnival doesn't like tape used on the doors because of the residue. Thanks so much and happy cruising!

We cruise over New Years and put up "Happy New Year" on our doors (helps finding cabins). We use poster putty. Works well and comes off clean. I looks cool when folks walk down the hall and see 8 cabins with the same decorations.

We cruise over New Years and put up "Happy New Year" on our doors (helps finding cabins). We use poster putty. Works well and comes off clean. I looks cool when folks walk down the hall and see 8 cabins with the same decorations.

Good idea on the putty. I'm just wondering if the vinyl clings will stick to the doors. They are usually clear so the putty would show through. (though I certainly could use a different decoration other than the vinyls.) Thanks for the suggestion!

Just a heads up. The jelly type of clings leave color marks (stain)behind. Made that mistake once cabin steward had a fit. Took over an hour to get marks of the door. Since I have used 3m hooks and rolled scoth tape never had an issue.

Thanks for the tip on that!! I'm thinking of those plain vinyl clings - not the jelly type. I think I'll try the 3m hooks though.

Carnival needs to invest in some "Goo Gone." Works like a charm. Would take the tape residue off with a swipe.

People who decorate their doors need to invest in some "Goo Gone".

Why should Carnival employees be responsible for cleaning up after irresponsible door decorators?

Edited by LostPuppy

I only decorate my mailbox. I use big tropical looking flower hair clips that I got at the Dollar store. Its just something bright to identify the cabin in a long hallway. I would not suggest decorating your whole door, especially several in a row. Unruly kids run the halls and love to tear them down. I've seen it happen on every cruise I've been on.

I always decorate my door. On some ships, magnets work well. Otherwise, I use white poster putty.

I haven't tried the vinyl clings, but they have some at party stores sold as wall decorations, so I would assume that those would work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see very few doors decorated on Carnival. Seems like it is only popular on the mouse cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've never decorated our door on prior cruises, but since we are cruising over a holiday, we've decided to - but only if it's something simple to do (and cheap too!). You can buy the vinyl clings at the Dollar Store and I'll just throw them away when we're done.

I wouldn't expect anyone to clean my door other than me if it's from my decorations, that's why I asked about the vinyl clings. Easy up, easy down. If kids knock them down -- oh well -- but I'm not worried about it.

Edited by willow0325