Celebrity Appreciation Whine

joecleveland

So I got an e-mail yesterday saying 'in appreciation of you sailing with us we're giving you OBC on your next cruise'. But attached is the fine print that it's only combinable with one other 'promotion'. If this was truely a thank you in appreciation for choosing to sail with them they wouldn't have the restrictions attached. And of course I'm whining because the cruise I have booked with them has two promo's already, a cyber weekend special and the 123GO. I didn't know about the 'cyber weekend' promo, I just happened to book that weekend because the price looked great.:) My TA said Celebrity told her it was 'double dipping' when she tried to attach it. (Actually triple dipping:p)

This really wasn't a 'thank you in appreciation' it's just another promotion. Since the e-mail title was misleading "In appreciation of you sailing with us", I guess my only response is "Thanks for nothing" :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this appears to be a common trick by many advertisers. I consider it a form of the old "bait and switch". Recently a major airline was caught advertising a ridiculously low fare in an email blast but NO tickets were actually available at that stated price! Caveat empeator ( buyer beware) is as true as ever.

I don't believe I got that email. Maybe I can add it to my next sailing..lol

Very clever title to your thread by the way.

Hey, go for it if you only have one promo, here's the details:

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Silhouette® on your Europe cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

To thank you for sailing with us, we're pleased to offer you an onboard credit to use on your next cruise with Celebrity of:

• $50 per cabin — Ocean View*

• $100 per cabin — Veranda*

• $150 per cabin — Concierge Class, AquaClass*

• $200 per cabin — Suites*

Simply book by 11/21/2014 to take advantage of this offer.

As a Captain's Club member, we invite you to join our 2014 Reunion Cruise, November 3, 2014, on an Australia & New Zealand 12-night sailing aboard Celebrity Solstice from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand. Reunite with fellow members and enjoy he extra member activities planned to make you the center of our attention. For details, visit celebritycruises.com/reunioncruises. Space is limited, so hurry!

To book your cruise vacation call 1-877-202-4344, visit us online at www.celebritycruises.com, or contact your Travel Agent and mention or enter promo code – POSTTHANKU.

and the fine print:

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms.

• 2 years later...

We've received that e-mail a number of times and have only been able to use it once. As another person stated, not much of a thank you if you can't use it.

In looking at the dollar amounts offered, I fail to understand why Celebrity wouldn't allow it regardless of how you booked and how many Perks you have.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Got the the same email to find out it's not combinable....everyone gets the perks we they book. So this not a Post Thank You Bonus at all...very poor marketing on Celebrity's part!!

We've received that e-mail a number of times and have only been able to use it once. As another person stated, not much of a thank you if you can't use it.

In looking at the dollar amounts offered, I fail to understand why Celebrity wouldn't allow it regardless of how you booked and how many Perks you have.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Ah did ya'll happen to notice the original topic was from 2014?

We got the current 'Post Thank You" OBC applied to our next cruise in Nov 2017 when we booked last July.

Along with the Endless Summer Loyalty discount and all 4 Go Best perks.

Edited by wallie5446

When booking on Celebrity's website, the "Postthanku" promo code can be added to any new reservation. In other words, you don't have to have received the email offer in order to use it. We used it on a recent Transpacific cruise that didn't offer the "Go BBB" promo, so there was no issue with double/triple dipping, etc. Once I made the booking on line that included the promo, we turned the reservation over to a TA for their added benefits.

I don't understand what you are complaining about. This is no different than using promo codes or coupons when you buy something retail. There are always restrictions. Usually promotions can not be combined. Its not bait and switch, its good marketing. Similar promotions are frequently advertised different ways in order to maximize the number of people the company reaches.

I don't understand what you are complaining about. This is no different than using promo codes or coupons when you buy something retail. There are always restrictions. Usually promotions can not be combined. Its not bait and switch, its good marketing. Similar promotions are frequently advertised different ways in order to maximize the number of people the company reaches.

Couldn't agree more. For those who qualify for any given promotion, it's a windfall; for those who don't qualify, it's bait and switch. Celebrity permits a maximum of two promotions per reservation. If you qualify, you can, for example, take advantage of a resident discount and an X offer of OBC or you can combine an offer of free gratuities with a senior rate. What you cannot do is combine all four promotions. IMHO that is fair. After all, X in the business of making a profit, not giving away the store.

Well said

Couldn't agree more. For those who qualify for any given promotion, it's a windfall; for those who don't qualify, it's bait and switch. Celebrity permits a maximum of two promotions per reservation. If you qualify, you can, for example, take advantage of a resident discount and an X offer of OBC or you can combine an offer of free gratuities with a senior rate. What you cannot do is combine all four promotions. IMHO that is fair. After all, X in the business of making a profit, not giving away the store.

Totally agree. I wonder why this 2 year old post is being dug up?

Edited by awhcruiser