Mr Sanchos All Inclusive VS pay as you go

belmontcrew

We are a group of 15 and are looking at a beach day in Cozumel. We are looking at going to Mr Sanchos. We have some that may want to do the All Inclusive, but some that will want to pay as they go because they don't drink. I found on Mr Sanchos web site where it states "we don't mix our All Inclusive Guests with Pay-As-You-Go Customers". Does this mean that our group would be sent to different areas for the day based on if you are all inclusive or not?

We are a group of 15 and are looking at a beach day in Cozumel. We are looking at going to Mr Sanchos. We have some that may want to do the All Inclusive, but some that will want to pay as they go because they don't drink. I found on Mr Sanchos web site where it states "we don't mix our All Inclusive Guests with Pay-As-You-Go Customers". Does this mean that our group would be sent to different areas for the day based on if you are all inclusive or not?

Yes. :( They are worried that some "all-inclusive" folks would share their free drinks with those on the pay-as-you-go side. Different pools, areas, etc.

When I went to Mr Sanchos the 1st time, my nephew and his friend came to parasail with my daughter then go barhopping so they did the pay as you go. I was AI. As we were talking on the "line" between the 2, they came right over and told us we had to seperate. My nephew had a Coors light in his hand, which they don't serve on the AI side so they could clearly see we weren't sharing but they definately don't want both sides to "mingle"

The AI side has a menu offering half that of the pay as you go side. And be prepared to put your used toilet paper in the trash can, as they don't want you to flush it. Glad it wasn't busy the day I was there. Could you imagine the smell of 360 people on a 95 degree day with used tp sitting around.

The AI side has a menu offering half that of the pay as you go side. And be prepared to put your used toilet paper in the trash can, as they don't want you to flush it. Glad it wasn't busy the day I was there. Could you imagine the smell of 360 people on a 95 degree day with used tp sitting around.

:confused: This is common in a lot of the ports in the Caribbean. If you are not a new cruiser, I'm surprised that this surprises you. :eek:

:confused: This is common in a lot of the ports in the Caribbean. If you are not a new cruiser, I'm surprised that this surprises you. :eek:

I'm not the most experianced, I'll admit that, but I've been on 4 cruises now and this is the first "resort" to ever have that. Everywhere else I've been, I've never seen the sign, except back alleyway restrooms. Maybe it's normal and people are used to it. But it can be a bit off putting. I really think it's more of a Beach and booze stop, not impressed with anything else there.

I'm not the most experianced, I'll admit that, but I've been on 4 cruises now and this is the first "resort" to ever have that. Everywhere else I've been, I've never seen the sign, except back alleyway restrooms. Maybe it's normal and people are used to it. But it can be a bit off putting. I really think it's more of a Beach and booze stop, not impressed with anything else there.

I completely understand. I remember the first time I had ran across this on our cruise and at first thought it was weird as well. But then I started seeing it at multiple places (especially if you are on an island) and it has become the "norm" for a lot of places we go (which aren't back alleyway restrooms, but actually resorts cruisers go to).

If you do a search online, you will see that multiple countries also do this (including central and south america). Some places don't have a plumbing system that will handle all the TP from so many people and others (like in Mexico), it has been a custom to never throw TP in the toilet, instead putting it in the trash (even if their system can handle it). Then there's the case were a lot of places (including Belize and Bahamas) that can't afford to buy the TP, so unless you bring your own, you won't have access to it. :p

Yes, this place can be a bit of a beach and booze stop, but then again most would say that ANY AI you go to that includes alcohol can be that. It is what the person going there makes of it. We do both AI and non AI and if the alcohol is included, fine, we take advantage of that, but never get "drunk" or act inappropriately. If it's not included, then we'll purchase a few drinks here and there...after all, we are on vacation. But a lot of people will go to these places just for the "all you can drink and eat" for the reason of loading up on booze. (I noticed you mentioned going back to Playa Mia in another thread...do you realize that they have an all-you-can-drink AI price as well? So anyone that would purchase this package could also have the tendency to be boozing it up on the beach. Just saying...) :)

Not at all trying to discredit your experience or thoughts on the subjects, just trying to explain a little bit from what I have learned visiting these ports. A lot of people feel the same way you (and I did once) until you see it in multiple places. :)

the toilet paper goes in the trash can EVERYWHERE on Cozumel for a reason. The island is a rock, literally. It is hard solid iron-shore, which is old coral reef that has barely crested out of the ocean. It is almost impossible to drill into it, so when the sewage lines are laid, they use very small narrow pipes. TP can get jammed up in it. So, please be nice to the island and put TP in the cans. I have seen a toilet overflow there when people didn't follow the rules (at a place in town). It was not pretty and the owner had to come out and clean it. What a mess.

Well. The one thing about Mr sanchos that really bothered me was that all inclusive was not, it was all food and drink on that menu inclusive. I wanted to play in the inflatable sea toys... 12.00 per person extra. Playa mia at least entry includes all of their existing features like those.

Then the difference in menus. There is so much more food on the pay as you go side, and they advertise the food as anything we have but lobster included. When I asked for some items I saw on the other side... they lied and said they don't offer it on either side.

Well. The one thing about Mr sanchos that really bothered me was that all inclusive was not, it was all food and drink on that menu inclusive. I wanted to play in the inflatable sea toys... 12.00 per person extra. Playa mia at least entry includes all of their existing features like those.

Then the difference in menus. There is so much more food on the pay as you go side, and they advertise the food as anything we have but lobster included. When I asked for some items I saw on the other side... they lied and said they don't offer it on either side.

Actually at Playa Mia, there is a buffet that you get with the admission price (which when we were there, it didn't look too appealing and included things like hamburgers and hot dogs and not great Mexican food). If you wanted things that wasn't at the buffet, you had to order and pay extra from the menu. So, it was basically the same as Mr Sanchos. (Unless this has all changed and now you can eat from the buffet AND order from the menu with your admission price). :confused:

It's good that the price of admission includes the water inflatables in the ocean with their price...although the day we were there, they didn't even put them up, so we missed out and even though we paid the same price, we did not get to enjoy the "free/price included" water toys in the ocean. :( I guess that can be a hit or miss and is not always guaranteed.

Actually at Playa Mia, there is a buffet that you get with the admission price (which when we were there, it didn't look too appealing and included things like hamburgers and hot dogs and not great Mexican food). If you wanted things that wasn't at the buffet, you had to order and pay extra from the menu. So, it was basically the same as Mr Sanchos. (Unless this has all changed and now you can eat from the buffet AND order from the menu with your admission price). :confused:

It's good that the price of admission includes the water inflatables in the ocean with their price...although the day we were there, they didn't even put them up, so we missed out and even though we paid the same price, we did not get to enjoy the "free/price included" water toys in the ocean. :( I guess that can be a hit or miss and is not always guaranteed.

That kinda sucks, but I was willing to pay for the other menu, but wasn't allowed to.

That kinda sucks, but I was willing to pay for the other menu, but wasn't allowed to.

Well that's kinda crappy they wouldn't let you pay for the other menu if you were willing to. Maybe they need a course in "how to earn more money 101" because it seems to me that if you are willing to pay extra (on top of the AI cost already paid) to get something you want, they would definitely want to take you up on that offer in order to make more money. :eek: Some things never cease to amaze me. :p

• 3 months later...
Anyone have pics of the PAYG side? Is it just as nice as the AI side? I just really want the swim up bar and the little Palapa tables. Also, has anyone done the snorkeling excursion through Mr. S?

I have plenty of pics of the payg side in my Mr Sanchos review toward the end of it. We did the AI, but walked over to the payg side for the last few hours. I liked it over there and it was almost the same as the other side except it has the small pool...so no swim up bar there. You will have to do the AI side if you want the swim up bar. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

We don't use water parks, so we rather not pay extra to have it included! Better ala carte!;p