Wine and Anytime Dining

Mostonian

We have chosen to do Anytime Dining for the first time on our forthcoming cruise. With Traditional Dining, if you do not finish off your bottle of wine at dinner, your waiter will retrieve it and it will be ready and waiting for you the following evening. How does it work with Anytime Dining, I assume its just a short delay whilst it is retrieved from storage. Any experience of this from fellow CC members would be most welcome. Thanks.

We have chosen to do Anytime Dining for the first time on our forthcoming cruise. With Traditional Dining, if you do not finish off your bottle of wine at dinner, your waiter will retrieve it and it will be ready and waiting for you the following evening. How does it work with Anytime Dining, I assume its just a short delay whilst it is retrieved from storage. Any experience of this from fellow CC members would be most welcome. Thanks.

This will be the same as before, they will bring it to your table.

Not sure if OP is talking about wine packages or individually purchased bottles of wine.

My experience with individual bottles of wine has been very good. At the end of each meal your wait staff will provide you with a card or slip of paper with your wine info that you bring back with you to your next meal, and upon presentation of that, they will retrieve your bottle of wine and bring it to your table.

Occasionally, at the end of a meal, I have had to remind the waiter to bring me the card/paper, if he or she is really busy.

If you happen to dine at one of the specialty restaurants and want your open bottle of wine for that meal, the same process applies.

Mary Lou

We have done this many times with no problem. I don't remember ever getting a slip of paper from waiter as others describe but they have always just written our name and cabin number on the bottle. Since you may be eating in different dining rooms on different nights it's a good idea to remember which dining room you left the bottle so it's easier for them to find.