Infinity

lovetocruiseinvirginia

Was on Infinity last month for British Isle cruise. Cruise was fantastic due to the ports but if this was my first time on Celebrity would have a hard time going back due to the food and staff in MDR. At times our head waiter acted as if this was the last place he wanted to be. Not just one or two nights but all 14 nights. Made it rather uncomfortable. We felt bad for him but sure put a damper on evening meals.

The staff/crew can make or break any cruise on any ship. We've found that when we have very personable captains who walk around the ship with their officers, talking with folks, the cruises are outstanding. Other captain's aren't comfortable doing that and often those are the cruises where the executives on board tend to hide and stay behind the scenes. The difference can be dramatic.

You almost get a clue the very first morning when the announcements are made...if the CD gives the announcement, you probably have a captain who is not going to be visible...if you have a captain that tells a joke, you're going to have a good cruise. (of course there are exceptions, but you get the idea).

Sent email to contactMichael@celebrity.com at 8 :00 this am and received a phone call from Tanji at 11:00. I was gobsmacked. My concern was about the Sept 04, 2015 Infinity sailing. She said something was up, but she was not sure what. She said she was checking with their deployment department and would get back to me.

She was very professional and sounded very sincere, her job is to answer "contactMichael" e-mails. She also said "the more e mails she get, about this matter the harder she can press for answers".

I was happy with her very quick response, but did not get a good feeling about our 09/04/2015 cruise.

Sent email to contactMichael@celebrity.com at 8 :00 this am and received a phone call from Tanji at 11:00. I was gobsmacked. My concern was about the Sept 04, 2015 Infinity sailing. She said something was up, but she was not sure what. She said she was checking with their deployment department and would get back to me.

She was very professional and sounded very sincere, her job is to answer "contactMichael" e-mails. She also said "the more e mails she get, about this matter the harder she can press for answers".

I was happy with her very quick response, but did not get a good feeling about our 09/04/2015 cruise.

I think this is ridiculous that people on that cruise have not been told that the ship has been chartered and have their money immediately refunded. This is not good customer service at all. By the way, for more "proof" of the charter, check out the Port of SF website:

53 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-04-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Fri Sep-04-2015 4:00 PM Sitka

54 Seven Seas Navigator Sat Sep-05-2015 7:00 AM Astoria Sat Sep-05-2015 5:00 PM Cabo San Lucas

55 Golden Princess Wed Sep-09-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Wed Sep-09-2015 4:00 PM Juneau

Cruise Ship Charter Sun Sep-13-2015 8:00 AM Fri Sep-18-2015 1:00 PM

56 Grand Princess Tue Sep-15-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Tue Sep-15-2015 4:00 PM Puerto Vallarta

57 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-18-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Fri Sep-18-2015 5:00 PM Monterey

It specifically mentions the "Cruise Ship Charter" (this is a new addition) but doesn't mention the ship. The Infinity original Alaska plan is still on there, but I wouldn't put much credence in that; I don't think that part of the spreadsheet was updated when they added the charter. The end date of the charter lines up perfectly with the Infinity Panama Canal sailing.

I would hope you would get word back by tomorrow, but my guess is that it won't happen.

Edited by Phamer55

Just got off the phone with Tanji. She said the deployment office told her they had an offer to charter the Infinity for a period of time that conflicted with the 14 night Infinity Alaskan cruise (04/18 Sept, 2015).

At this time they are undecided as to what they are going to do. Maybe they will cancel our cruise and maybe they won't. Maybe they will let us know next week and maybe they'll wait til just before final payment.

Their callous attitude and actions may cost them mine and others future cruise business, but to them, it's just part of the price of doing business. Not for canceling our cruise to make an extra dollar, but for not informing us of the fact.....

Just got off the phone with Tanji. She said the deployment office told her they had an offer to charter the Infinity for a period of time that conflicted with the 14 night Infinity Alaskan cruise (04/18 Sept, 2015).

At this time they are undecided as to what they are going to do. Maybe they will cancel our cruise and maybe they won't. Maybe they will let us know next week and maybe they'll wait til just before final payment.

Their callous attitude and actions may cost them mine and others future cruise business, but to them, it's just part of the price of doing business. Not for canceling our cruise to make an extra dollar, but for not informing us of the fact.....

Tanji also returned my e-mail with her phone call ;however ,we were not in & she left a message on our phone answering machine . We just returned her call & she was not at her phone ,so we left a message .That being said the information she gave you is definitely not good & we agree that Celebrity looses face by not being up front & holding people's deposit money & screwing with their vacation plans:rolleyes::eek:

It's not just Celebrity that does this - Princess did it to me! We were getting close to final payment and had our airfare when suddenly our cruise wasn't showing up on their website or any online TA's. After calling our TA, she checked it out and told us that the cruiseline cancelled our trip and chartered the whole ship to a private group. I was hopping mad but nothing we could do. Got our deposit back but had to find a last minute replacement cruise. What really upset me was that Princess never bothered to notify me or my TA.

Tanji also returned my e-mail with her phone call ;however ,we were not in & she left a message on our phone answering machine . We just returned her call & she was not at her phone ,so we left a message .That being said the information she gave you is definitely not good & we agree that Celebrity looses face by not being up front & holding people's deposit money & screwing with their vacation plans:rolleyes::eek:

I e-mailed Michael yesterday morning but haven't received any communication. Perhaps I will hear something direct today. Being up front and honest with customers is the hallmark of good customer service.

I think this is ridiculous that people on that cruise have not been told that the ship has been chartered and have their money immediately refunded. This is not good customer service at all. By the way, for more "proof" of the charter, check out the Port of SF website:

53 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-04-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Fri Sep-04-2015 4:00 PM Sitka

54 Seven Seas Navigator Sat Sep-05-2015 7:00 AM Astoria Sat Sep-05-2015 5:00 PM Cabo San Lucas

55 Golden Princess Wed Sep-09-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Wed Sep-09-2015 4:00 PM Juneau

Cruise Ship Charter Sun Sep-13-2015 8:00 AM Fri Sep-18-2015 1:00 PM

56 Grand Princess Tue Sep-15-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Tue Sep-15-2015 4:00 PM Puerto Vallarta

57 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-18-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Fri Sep-18-2015 5:00 PM Monterey

It specifically mentions the "Cruise Ship Charter" (this is a new addition) but doesn't mention the ship. The Infinity original Alaska plan is still on there, but I wouldn't put much credence in that; I don't think that part of the spreadsheet was updated when they added the charter. The end date of the charter lines up perfectly with the Infinity Panama Canal sailing.

I would hope you would get word back by tomorrow, but my guess is that it won't happen.

I think I am going to call your Sherlock from here out on....great job!! Wonder if they can still do Alaska in 9 days instead of 14 with some of the more interesting ports of call....or if they will change this to a California Coastal.