Naples Pickpockets

Sultan84

just a little warning how we were pickpocketed in Naples.

we took the tram to the trainstation. As we were getting on the tram a group of young women ran along the side of the tram and pushed us in all direvtions. We had not seen them coming, they surged from behind the tram. By the time we got on the tram without falling my husbands bag was open and his wallet was gone.

Even if we had realized what was happening, we could not have stopped it, there were too many of them and they were just too quick.

The worst, there were two police agents standing just across the street who saw everything and did not react.

Very sorry to hear about your experience but there are many postings on these boards about using moneybelts and other such devices. I always were a bra stash and, therefore, never have to worry about pickpocketing issues.

Hopefully, he had very little in his wallet, just the needs for the day.

Edited by CintiPam

just a little warning how we were pickpocketed in Naples.

we took the tram to the trainstation. As we were getting on the tram a group of young women ran along the side of the tram and pushed us in all direvtions. We had not seen them coming, they surged from behind the tram. By the time we got on the tram without falling my husbands bag was open and his wallet was gone.

Even if we had realized what was happening, we could not have stopped it, there were too many of them and they were just too quick.

The worst, there were two police agents standing just across the street who saw everything and did not react.

That stinks! I guess you have to beware, everywhere in Europe, I guess I was thinking only in Rome, or Venice, but it sounds like all over :( I did buy the money belt. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you can enjoy the rest of the trip despite that awful thing.

That stinks! I guess you have to beware, everywhere in Europe, I guess I was thinking only in Rome, or Venice, but it sounds like all over :( I did buy the money belt. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you can enjoy the rest of the trip despite that awful thing.

Yes, it can happen anywhere, and not just in Europe. Naples, Athens, and Barcelona are other "hot spots" for pickpocketers on Med itineraries. But one could also be pickpocketed in London, Paris .... or New York.

I never carry more with me than I need for the day, and even that is not in a place that's easily accessible.