Verizon Rewards actual cruise

crusing48/51

I have a question about booking an actual Carnival cruise through Verizon Rewards program.

Does anyone know if you book a Carnival cruise through Verizon using the reward points, is your booking through Verizon, or Carnival? Would Verizon be considered your "agent", or can you make changes to the booking through Carnival on your own, or through your PVP?

Just wondered because you can get discounts on the actual cruise, as well as buying the e-cash certificates. Has anyone booked their cruise through Verizon?

I have a question about booking an actual Carnival cruise through Verizon Rewards program.

Does anyone know if you book a Carnival cruise through Verizon using the reward points, is your booking through Verizon, or Carnival? Would Verizon be considered your "agent", or can you make changes to the booking through Carnival on your own, or through your PVP?

Just wondered because you can get discounts on the actual cruise, as well as buying the e-cash certificates. Has anyone booked their cruise through Verizon?

I have not booked through them but i did check the rates on our upcoming cruises and they are lower. I'm thinking it would be through Carnival.

I had our cruise booked through our PVP with Carnival. When I found out about the verizon awards I bought a 500.00 dollar one for 450.00 and payed off our cruise. A week later I bought a 500.00 for 450.00 that they we'll send to me for 59 cents. That one I'll take on the cruise with me, it we'll help pay for our tips and anything we buy on ship. The first one I just called my PVP and gave her the numbers and info and it worked. Nice saving 100.00.

Looking at the program, it seems like you get a better deal buying the gift cards and using them to purchase your cruise through carnival. The rates quoted weren't quite 10% off -- not sure if you could purchase the gift cards and then book through verizon rewards for additional savings. It would make Early Saver requests a nightmare, however, as now you would be going through a travel agent.

Thank you to those that responded. I'm not sure how it would work either. Maybe I will ask my PVP what she thinks? If it is through Carnival, then it would be another rate to throw into early saver, or not. Who knows if they would allow it?

I had booked through Carnival. Early Saver. So was able to use them to pay off our cruise. Wish I would of known about this sooner we could of saved even more.

I think you are misunderstanding my question. There is a way to actually book your cruise through Verizon. It is like the e-certificates, discounted, and I am wondering if when you book through Verizon, if it's like a travel agent, or other cruise booking website, and all your changes need to go through Verizon.

It would be great if when booking through Verizon, you could benefit from the discounted cruise, AND use the discounted certificates to pay it off, but I'm wondering if changes can be made to your booking if you book through Verizon.

Has anyone booked their cruise through Verizon?

We are booked early saver on our current cruise aboard the Sunshine in February of 2015. I just submitted the price protection form for the discount on the Verizon website. I'm now waiting to see if they honor it. I'll let you know what they say.

We are booked early saver on our current cruise aboard the Sunshine in February of 2015. I just submitted the price protection form for the discount on the Verizon website. I'm now waiting to see if they honor it. I'll let you know what they say.

Anxious to hear on this one! I'm thinking they will not...but...fingers crossed!

Anxious to hear on this one! I'm thinking they will not...but...fingers crossed!

I have to agree. The cheaper price for me appears after you apply Verizon points.

Example: an Ocean Suite on the Freedom 12/13/14 is $1,249 on the Carnival website.

On the Verizon website it is listed as $1,249 and then they apply 11,900 points and the price drops to $1130.

I don't think Carnival will match the $1130.

Well, belkin was correct, I was denied. The reason was the price was the same before the Verizon points, therefore could not be price matched.

Yes, camper49, I think you can use them to purchase your cruise while onboard. You can use them like cash.

I have to agree. The cheaper price for me appears after you apply Verizon points.

Example: an Ocean Suite on the Freedom 12/13/14 is $1,249 on the Carnival website.

On the Verizon website it is listed as $1,249 and then they apply 11,900 points and the price drops to $1130.

I don't think Carnival will match the $1130.

Where did you find on the Verizon that you can book a cruise through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where did you find on the Verizon that you can book a cruise through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I get there by signing into Verizon and going to the link for Smart Rewards. Then I chose travel and then cruises.

Personally I think I would rather by the e-gift cards and book my cruise through Carnival. At least that way I have control over it and do not have to go through a travel agent for any changes or price drops.

I looked all over the Verizon website trying to see which travel agency the cruise would be booked through if you booked through Verizon and I couldn't find anything.

I have final payment due soon and have a lot of points I can redeem on Verizon... which do I purchase in order to pay off my balance? Or can I? Love cruisecritic... would never have thought to look at the rewards until now...:)

I have final payment due soon and have a lot of points I can redeem on Verizon... which do I purchase in order to pay off my balance? Or can I? Love cruisecritic... would never have thought to look at the rewards until now...:)

Purchase the e-gift cards in $100 or $500 increments depending on what you owe for final payment.... save 10% either way and call them to apply them. Buy extra to bring with to apply at kiosk or GS for S&S account.

You can apply e cards you purchase through Verizon Rewards to your outstanding Carnival balance under the "manage my cruise" tab at Carnival dot com. Click "pay" click "pay other amount" click "pay with gift card" enter card number, submit payment. New balance will reflect payment made by e card.

You can apply e cards you purchase through Verizon Rewards to your outstanding Carnival balance under the "manage my cruise" tab at Carnival dot com. Click "pay" click "pay other amount" click "pay with gift card" enter card number, submit payment. New balance will reflect payment made by e card.

How do you pay for the gift cards ? Do you use your credit card? If you booked through a TA will they accept the gift cards for final payment? I'm confused.

Edited by ranchette

• 3 weeks later...

I would like more information on this as well. I have successfully purchased the ecards and paid towards my cruise I have previously booked through Carnival.

I am looking to book another cruise and it is cheaper to book through Verizon rewards site.

Can we book at the cheaper rate and then buy ecards to pay off the cruise?

Where would we pay on the cruise booked through Verizon rewards?

[

You buy Verizon Carnival Gift cards through Verizon and apply them to your cruise, you still book on Carnival

QUOTE=crusing48/51;44303487]I have a question about booking an actual Carnival cruise through Verizon Rewards program.

I would like more information on this as well. I have successfully purchased the ecards and paid towards my cruise I have previously booked through Carnival.

I am looking to book another cruise and it is cheaper to book through Verizon rewards site.

Can we book at the cheaper rate and then buy ecards to pay off the cruise?

Where would we pay on the cruise booked through Verizon rewards?

Brandibit, That was my original question, which has not been answered yet. I'm not sure where you would pay off the cruise if you booked it through Verizon, but you can certainly book it through them. I am assuming(you know what that gets you sometimes), that you would be able to use the ecards to purchase the cruise, but not sure who the booking would be with, or where you would go to make the payments.

Maybe you need to pay the whole thing off at time of booking, if booked on the Verizon website? That would not work for me!

Here is what it states about booking cruises on the Verizon website:

Cruise offers cannot be combined with any cruise line credits, coupons, discounts or offers, including low fare guarantees. Points will be forfeited and no refunds or credits will be honored if any other offers are applied to this booking. Cruise cancellation and refund policies along with cancellation fees, if applicable, vary by travel supplier. For an overview of information for respective cruise line cancellation policies, please click on the More Info option on the cruise page. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to be familiar with the penalties assessed for cancellation. If you make partial payment only, it is your sole responsibility to make the final payment in a timely fashion or be subject to penalties and/or cancellation. Cancellation charges subject to change without notice. Due to the nature of this program, these Terms and Conditions supersede any information obtained by contacting the cruise line directly.

However, it doesn't say anywhere that I can find about the name of a travel agency. I may ask my PVP if she knows anything about it.

Thanks crusing48/51!!

I did see on the Verizon site FAQ that you pay for the cruise through the account so I'm sure they do not accept Carnival cards as payment.

The cruise I have booked in May is $207 cheaper than the early saver rate I booked, but it is still cheaper by booking through Carnival and then getting the 10% off eCards.

Also does not seem that you will be eligible for any price drops if booking through Verizon.

To the person who asked.... You can pay with E-gift cards through your agent. My agent is related to me and I take care of my own bookings via her account. I have used e-gift cards to pay my balance just this month. Simply copy and send your agent the gift card numbers and you will be all set :)

I've purchased a cruise through AA before using points and the kicker is that you have to pay for it up front. When booking directly through Carnival you make a deposit and can pay it out. So when you book through someone else it's already paid for. You get an account login just like booking through Carnival but since it's paid for you can't use gift cards.

So when booking 3rd party you can't use any Carnival special rates, you are paying the 3rd party's rate.

Now with physical cards you can apply them to your sail and sign. Whether or not you can do that pre cruise I don't know.