online payment question

Is it possible to make payments online through the RCI website?

I booked direct and went to the website and wanted to pay $100 towards my $762 still owed but it said I had to pay the whole balance.

Bill

Yes, it is possible to make partial payments online. If you think you are not beyond final payment date and you should not have to pay the entire amount, then call Royal customer service and they will take your payment.

I would be careful with that! Last week i tried to make a payment on my liberty 15 sailing. not sure what i was thinking but,i should have n

known better when i never came across anything asking for an amount. long story short it charged my royal caribbean visa 5,000 bucks. I have been having a hell of a time getting it reversed. Dan

Is it possible to make payments online through the RCI website?

I booked direct and went to the website and wanted to pay $100 towards my $762 still owed but it said I had to pay the whole balance.

if the 'Make pay' button is not available on my cruises page, you can not pay online - it has not been possible to pay online the times I've ordered directly by phone - you have to call and pay by credit card by phone.

I always book and pay partial payments online paying it off before the final payment date and have never had a problem. When you go into the payment tab make sure you click on the "other payment amount" button and enter in the amount you want to pay. I say this because when you go into the payment tab it is defaulted on the amount to pay the entire remaining balance. :cool:

Thanks for all the answers. I'm not a phone person so prefer to do it online.

Since it won't let me do it I'll just keep the money in the bank until the final payment is due in February.

When I go to the payment page it tells me what my cruise cost was, the amount of my deposit, and my balance.

When I click other and enter all the info and hit enter it says invalid amount.

It says to enter a number between what my balance is and what the total cost is.

It also says on the page, finalize your booking. Like I am just making the booking with this transaction.

I've had enough of RCI's IT problems, bouncing us out of our cabin after final payment, and other nonsense to last me a lifetime.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I have always gone thru our TA but if I book directly, I would feel better calling the cruise line, talking to a rep and telling the person how much I wish to pay on our cruise, which is what our TA does. Our TA doesn't charge back to her company then send in the payment, she calls the cruise line and they charge my CC.

I made a partial payment on-line for my Independence cruise and the next time I logged into my reservation my final payment had gone up equal to the amount of my discounts. It was easily fixed by the CSR but I won't be doing that again.

I made a partial payment on-line for my Independence cruise and the next time I logged into my reservation my final payment had gone up equal to the amount of my discounts. It was easily fixed by the CSR but I won't be doing that again.

Maybe I am better off it not working.:)

Bill