Day Room Needed Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel

Arwen

Hi Everyone!

I have read all the info I can get my hands on regarding locating a day room for when we return from our Celebrity cruise on Jan. 23rd, 2015. I know I waited too long to take care of this.

However, after much researching (and checking here for past posts on this), it seems that it is best to find an airport hotel to stay. Our flight leaves at 6:00 p.m. to take us back to Seattle.

So, before I begin calling airport hotels...any of you have tips? How easy or hard is it to find a day room. We need ours from around 9:30 to about 2:30. It doesn't have to be in any way special, other than clean and easy to find a restaurant or food and most important...a place to lie down.

I checked out the Ft. Lauderdale United's Airport Lounge...and for $50.00 per person, I read that it is very small...and of course, no where to rest. Have any of you folks used that facility and what was your impression?

So any tips...your experiences, etc. would be appreciated. And again, I already searched the threads for the info I needed. Also, what did it cost you?

Instead of holing up in a sub-standard room, why not rent a car for the day and go do something fun in the Ft. Lauderdale area?

That has been the suggestion we have received from many. The thing is...we only have about five hours to work with. My husband has a medical issue (MS) and fatigues easily and I have a different issue that requires me to take a quick rest in the afternoons. :-)

We have been on 18 cruises and the day of disembarkation has always been difficult for us...getting up super early, eating screwy most of the day, etc. This never was a problem when we were able to cruise out of L.A. or San Diego. However, Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle is a long flight. We just cannot do the long days like that any longer.

Our flight leaves at 6:00 p.m. and we arrive in Seattle around 10 p.m. PST.

Our goal is to eat well the day of departure and have a quick nap before the uncomfortable flight home. :p

Hi Everyone!

I have read all the info I can get my hands on regarding locating a day room for when we return from our Celebrity cruise on Jan. 23rd, 2015. I know I waited too long to take care of this.

However, after much researching (and checking here for past posts on this), it seems that it is best to find an airport hotel to stay. Our flight leaves at 6:00 p.m. to take us back to Seattle.

So, before I begin calling airport hotels...any of you have tips? How easy or hard is it to find a day room. We need ours from around 9:30 to about 2:30. It doesn't have to be in any way special, other than clean and easy to find a restaurant or food and most important...a place to lie down.

I checked out the Ft. Lauderdale United's Airport Lounge...and for $50.00 per person, I read that it is very small...and of course, no where to rest. Have any of you folks used that facility and what was your impression?

So any tips...your experiences, etc. would be appreciated. And again, I already searched the threads for the info I needed. Also, what did it cost you?

Hi,:) I would check the Florida Forum. There are many, many, MANY

threads over there and some local folks who post with really good

information too.

I just googled "Day use rooms in hotels" and I was surprised there are several websites that seem dedicated to booking them. I have no idea if they are legit or anything about them, but I found that interesting. I have a feeling you're not supposed to post links here but they were pretty easy to find.

I just googled "Day use rooms in hotels" and I was surprised there are several websites that seem dedicated to booking them. I have no idea if they are legit or anything about them, but I found that interesting. I have a feeling you're not supposed to post links here but they were pretty easy to find.

You can post the hotels though:)...the only links we are really not

allowed to post are Travel Agencies for cruises. Over on the Florida

Forum, people post links for hotel deals all the time:)

No, they were not hotels, but rather companies that looked liked they booked day use rooms at hotels. But since I have no personal knowledge and can't vouch for them, I'll let the OP find them herself and decide if she wants to go that route. They were very easy to find with a quick search.

You can post the hotels though:)...the only links we are really not

allowed to post are Travel Agencies for cruises. Over on the Florida

Forum, people post links for hotel deals all the time:)

Agreed.

The only links that are no-nos are those specific to Travel Agents / Travel Agencies... And more so if they are in the business of selling Cruises... So in direct competition with CCs Paid Advertizers (makes sense)

General links are ok

Agree with WARMWINDS, Google is a good place to start

Which is what I did on your behalf - Fort Lauderdale Day Rooms -

Google result = http://www.google.ca/search?q=fort+lauderdale+day+rooms&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Other great sources for this info:

1- CCs Ports of Call Boards

2- Individual Hotel Chain Websites (or their 1-800 phone desks)... Partcularly handy if you are a Loyalty Club Member and are looking for a Hotel where you can earn points / get perks

3- TripAdvisor (CCs sister website for land based info)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks everyone...I did not know I was on the wrong thread/forum. Will look at Florida departures.

Thanks!

This thread was moved from the Celebrity board to the Florida board.

Although we're usually anxious to get back home (LA) from FLL, we now stay in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel the night of disembarkation and get a good night's sleep.

This approach has the advantage of booking a flight out early the next morning (before the crowds from disembarking ships), taking the worry out of making a flight and getting home midday instead of after dark.

Day rates may be lower, but if they are the same as overnight rates, there's no cost advantage to a day rate room.

You can get a day room at Rodeway Inn for $50+tx.

I don't think there is anything within walking distance, but apparently they have a restaurant on site. We have booked this for the end of our next cruise, so hoping that we will be happy with our choice.

http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html

Thank you for the link!

Although we're usually anxious to get back home (LA) from FLL, we now stay in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel the night of disembarkation and get a good night's sleep.

This approach has the advantage of booking a flight out early the next morning (before the crowds from disembarking ships), taking the worry out of making a flight and getting home midday instead of after dark.

Day rates may be lower, but if they are the same as overnight rates, there's no cost advantage to a day rate room.

Hi Walt! I agree with you. And that was an option. The thing is my husband wants to take a direct flight home from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle. We booked our cruise some time ago, and neither he nor I, put much thought into how difficult it would be to find a place just for the day.

Alaska Air has a direct flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle...and it is only at 6p.m. I would rather spend an extra night at a hotel and fly out on a flight that connects...the next day... So even if we booked a room, we would still need to be out of the room by 11 a.m. or noon. But it is still an option as we hopefully could hang around the hotel lobby until we need our cab to take us to the airport. :-)

Actually, hotels may require you to book for 2 nights to check in in the morning and stay past noon (if you check in before checkin time, you are technically checking in late from the night before).

Our cruise disembarkation was Easter Sunday. Our flight was at 6:30 PM at FLL.

This is what we did and it worked out perfectly. We rented a car for the day. Then checked in at Rodeway Inn at 10:00. We were very comfortable in the day hotel room, had excellent internet and just chilled for a couple of hours. Then we drove for a few minutes to the nearby mall that was open on that day. Had a very pleasant lunch as several restaurants were open at that mall. Then we saw a movie at the movie theater that was in that mall. We then were back at the day room around 2:00. Used our netbooks some more. Checked out at 4:00, returned car around 4:15. Were at the gate to catch our flight around 5:00--

Had it not been Easter Sunday, we probobly would have just rented the car, gone to the big outlet mall that also has plenty of restaurants and a movie theater, and not bothered with a day room. But since most places were closed, the Rodeway Inn for the day met our needs perfectly.