Anytime dining on Explorer-class ships?

DroopySails

Anytime Dining is not available on those ships, however if you look further into the Princess website, you can find schedules for restaurants aboard the ships – you’ll find that these ships do have alternatives to the Traditional Dining room.

I believe these ships are Princess Explorer class.

Pacific Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess

The Royal Princess left the fleet in May although you wouldn't know it from the Princess website. It was sent to P&O and is now called the Artemis. For what it's worth, the Royal Princess did not have Personal Choice dining.

It was in fact the Regal Princess I was inquiring about. Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. I do dislike traditional seating--grrrr!
The Regal Princess is a great ship and I think you'll love her. If you don't want to use the traditional dining, the Lido (the buffet) area is split in two at night -- one side is a dinner buffet, the other becomes Le Bistro where you are served, can order from the menu, etc. I haven't used it but I've heard great things about it. It's not buffet food slapped on a plate and delivered to your table but rather, is the equivalent to Anytime dining. We had a couple on our Regal cruise that ate there almost every night, they liked it so much. I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Well, that's interesting, Pam; thanks for the tip about Le Bistro.

I'm really not as hard to please as I sound...just have this thing about having to report places at set times while I'm on vacation. Perhaps I have a problem with authority...:)

Droopy... SharkieRolls just posted a great review of the Regal that you might want to read. He specifically mentions Le Bistro.

http://boards1.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=220182

FYI, I got confused -- the buffet is the Cafe Del Sol, not the Lido. Too many ships with different names for the buffet. :)

One thing on the Regal that I haven't seen on Grand-class ships is a station in the buffet at breakfast where a chef will make you eggs any way you want them right in front of you. Everything from "over-easy" to omelets. I'd go and give him my order, then go back and get my other breakfast things. By the time I got back, my eggs were ready.

Archived