Rc: Serenade of the seas - never again!

We sailed a few times at 4pm which means if you don't want to take chances you plan to be back on board by 3pm. Allow 1 to 2 hours for the return trip from where ever you choose to go, that does not leave much time to visit the place..effectively you have 1/2 a day

While I can understand your Point about having more time in port, isn´t this something you knew when booking the cruise? As you´ve not mentioned anything about your itinerary being changed I assume the itinerary was known to you at the time of booking. Hardly a valid complaint then.

I´ve sailed 10 different lines, so hardly 100% loyal to Royal and among those lines are some under the Carnival Roof, but I have not sailed Carnival cruise lines. Reason for this: None of their Advertising material could convince me yet they are the cruise line for me. I won´t and can´t say anything about their product, from what I see about it, it just doesn´t seem to match my liking.

While I can´t agree with the OP´s views, I don´t have a Problem with them either. I know a lot of it is just not as described, but it remains their view.

All I can say is happy sailing on whatever line they Chose for the future.

We sailed a few times at 4pm which means if you don't want to take chances you plan to be back on board by 3pm. Allow 1 to 2 hours for the return trip from where ever you choose to go, that does not leave much time to visit the place..effectively you have 1/2 a day

At most ports, sailing time is determined by the distance to the next port. Additionally, while it might by advantageous to have late departure at certain port situations, this can create havoc with evening dining, so not something the crew would want to endure every evening. If port time is important to you, take the time to read itineraries BEFORE booking, instead of complaining after the fact!

I must have missed the "Gala Embarkation Lunch" we never experienced one in 30+ cruises on 8 different lines.

Our next cruise is on Royal in three weeks -- I guess we won't get one. We have a Carnival B2B next year -- I'll be sure to look for it ;)

I don't recall Carnival having in-cabin announcements -- I would remember. I hate announcements. Maybe we had the switch off.

It is one of the things that we love about Celebrity - there is only one announcement per day.

We did the Serenade several years ago -- I'm sorry to hear the stairs are gone, the atrium was striking. It was the most beautiful ship we ever sailed, until we where on the Celebrity Eclipse this spring.

Carnival has always had the advantage in food in our opinion. :)

Thank you for explaining.

All cruise lines spend varying times in port due to them not all being able to arrive/depart at the same time.

My recommendation would be to check the itinerary before hand on times and pick a cruise that spends more time in the ports that you wish to focus on.

Very few ports in the med have sufficient time to do/see everything. As such I recommend more research in advance and prioritize your sightseeing. This may assist in your future cruises.

Enjoy

Rarely does a different cruise line measure up to someone who feels they've been spoiled by another line. The OP would have been better off posting their review on the Carnival board to let them all know just how horrible Royal Caribbean is.;):)

Interestingly, the OP did post this same review on the Carnival board and had much the same response. From the announcements not being in the cabins, to one main theater, NOT frshwater chlorinated pools to the point that comparing a ten year old ship to a three year old ship really isn't a fair comparison.

I love the design of the Solarium on the Oasis class but it is just way too hot in there.

Agreed. I was surprised to read someone saying that the area is climate controlled because on Allure in April, it was very hot in there. I prefer an outside adult area. Hoping that during our upcoming sailing on the Brilliance it feels cooler in that area. It is definitely pretty!

I must have missed the "Gala Embarkation Lunch" we never experienced one in 30+ cruises on 8 different lines.

Our next cruise is on Royal in three weeks -- I guess we won't get one. We have a Carnival B2B next year -- I'll be sure to look for it ;) :)

OK I admit it I used the wrong word I should have said FEAST :p

Agreed. I was surprised to read someone saying that the area is climate controlled because on Allure in April, it was very hot in there. I prefer an outside adult area. Hoping that during our upcoming sailing on the Brilliance it feels cooler in that area. It is definitely pretty!

Don't know anything about the Solarium on Oasis class but that would be next to impossible to climate control since it is not enclosed, there a gaps between the glass. Radiance class Solariums are climate controlled and have the option also to open the glass ceiling, They opened it on our 9 night Med cruise last month on one of the days.

Edited by Moltar