Shows and Entertainment on the Reflection

d1cso4

My wife and I will be sailing the Reflection on November 29th 2014.. wondering if anyone has recently been on her and what they think of the shows, entertainment and dining .. We were on the Eclipse two years ago and wonder if anything has changed . Thanks !

Hello,

Also sailing Reflection November 29th. We have never sailed S class before.

I recall hearing about music in the atrium which was distracting if you were at the guest relations desk, however, I have not heard much more. We enjoy classical guitar and the string quartets. With the alcohol package we may just try to hit the dance floor and seek out some higher energy (swing) music.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Colleen

We have not heard good news about dancing on Reflection, but have chosen to sail her nonetheless. Quasar lounge has been closed and the top side dance hall has been halved for suites, but all cruises are good, just some are better than others.

My wife and I will be sailing the Reflection on November 29th 2014.. wondering if anyone has recently been on her and what they think of the shows, entertainment and dining .. We were on the Eclipse two years ago and wonder if anything has changed . Thanks !

We love so much about these ships- hope you will too -

Everybody's taste is different but for the most part we really enjoyed the entertainment in April on Reflections. They are now just finishing their summer runs and I am sure new performers may be getting on - but you will see similar shows in the theatre to Eclipse and have similar performers throughout. But no two are identical. I hope we have a good party band this go around- the last one was pretty decent. You will have a great time.

Btw- the restaurants are all wonderful!

No worries at all.

Brockmom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am sorry getting back to your reply..didn't get any until now. I enjoyed your review 2013 Reflection cruise. I guess i am up on entertainment.. since i do it when i can and loved the cast aboard the Oasis of the Seas doing Hairspray. I guess just have to go with it and just remember any day cruising is a better day working !

We sailed January 2014 and took in all of the shows. We thought they were great! We had previously sailed Disney Dream and we actually thought the entertainment was better😃 but entertainment is a little like food... It truly is subjective! I will say that both my husband and I majored in theater and music in our undergrad degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

Disney is a great entertainment venue and seems almost impossible for me to get a second or third callback !i live an hour and half in Tampa from the parks. I hear what you say about entertainment. On the Eclipse we loved the main show and the atrium singers.. well i am sure they meant well. I am going in with an open mind and if i have to grab a mic at karaokee night ! yikes !

Thank you to all that replied. The Preisman's review is outstanding. I'm getting more excited to board this fantastic ship, as we only have 28 more days to count down.

Having never sailed a ship with so many dining options, I may be tempted to entertain myself by checking them all out . . . if there are not as many music or stage options. Having sailed Oasis and Allure maining for the shows, I will adjust my focus to enjoy all that the Reflection has to offer, even if I gain a few pounds. LOL

Cheers!

Colleen

Scott and Tim here from Massachusetts ---- we were on the Reflection in February, and if it's any indication of how great a time we had, we booked the Reflection again for November 29. This time, we will be a party of 8 celebrating a 50th anniversary.

We had heard before leaving last trip how the music had changed, gotten loud, etc... Admittedly, some of the music had increased from our previous trips on Celebrity, but we found the atmosphere on the ship last February to be awesome --- great mix of house bands and the evening shows were the best we had seen on a ship in our years of cruising.

Looking forward to the trip which is now only 4 short weeks away!

Just off the Reflection, writing this in Orlando. Hope you get better shows than we just had they were pretty awful but that did not bother us as can take them or leave them. The last night show started at 8pm only one show and was a mix of the band playing and singers from around the ship, felt like a karaoke affair........Our feedback form will reflect this as well as the timings for some of the podium speakers 8.45am......1pm.......I mean breakfast and lunch times spring to mind.

We do not expect much for the shows...but are sometimes pleasantly surprised,

We board Ref next Sat and are hoping for nice music, great food and service and a happy vacation...

How were the bands and music on bd?

What time was the ship cleared today.?..a bunch from our roll call watched sailaway on the webcam ..it seemed late..other reports said it took 4 hrs to clear?....

Thanks for posting.

• 3 months later...
We have not heard good news about dancing on Reflection, but have chosen to sail her nonetheless. Quasar lounge has been closed and the top side dance hall has been halved for suites, but all cruises are good, just some are better than others.

The Reflection website says there are two places for late night dancing -- is this true and which one is hoping more:

Sky Observation Lounge

A quiet refuge by day for gazing over the sea with a cocktail at hand. At night, the space comes to life with live music and dancing. The live band performs a wide variety of popular songs and current hits. Special interactive theme parties include:

Live@Sky - Sky Lounge comes alive with the music, songs and dances of the 40s era with a modern twist. Participate in fabulous swing dances played by the live orchestra and enjoy some classic cocktails sponsored by SKYY® Vodka.

Motown - The Sky Lounge is transformed by the funky soul of Motown. Slide into the groove of what makes Motown memorable with music, songs and dances from our live band, singers and dancers.

Quasar

Our retro-chic nightclub for the late-night crowd, Quasar features DJs spinning the best of today's dance and club favorites.

Reflection was not a bit disappointing for dancing. Most of the action was right in the main atrium, alternating between the grand foyer and martini bar. Sky lounge was good too. There was also a guitar guy at the fantail sunset bar, but didn't see much dancing up there.

Isn't there a "disco" like place w a dance floor and big windows overlooking the ocean?

Yes, that could be the sky lounge, but by the time there is music, you can't see the ocean; if you want to see the ocean at night you will have to go outside, unless you can find a place inside with no lighting to reflect off the glass windows. Try the fantail sunset bar, they have music outdoors, but not disco.

OK then, try the martini bar, it was a lot of fun, but no ocean view.

Ok, thanks for suggestions...GF tring to figure out what to pack. I read that "the disco" closed, but then someone else said they were dancing with lots of people late into the night.

Ok, thanks for suggestions...GF tring to figure out what to pack. I read that "the disco" closed, but then someone else said they were dancing with lots of people late into the night.

You are correct, the Quasar disco is closed on Reflection, however there is really a lot of fun dancing still going on. Doesn't matter what you wear, if in the Caribbean.....'less is more'.