Now we need to pay luggage tags - WOW!

ISABELLA

I laminate both front and back with tape and then add an extra piece of tape about 6" long. Take the end of the piece and fold it over about 1/2 inch. Place one half of it on one end and fold over to the back of the same end. When you get your bags ready the night before, unstick the folded over end from the back, take the folded end, tear off, wrap the tag around the handle and then place the tape on the opposite end, making a nice tag that will not come off.

No bother with hotel desk of anyone else.

Hope you can understand my horrible writing skills. I can talk you to death but am not good at typing what I am trying to say.

Tim

Maybe it is because I usually arrive at port from someplace distant enough to travel by air, but I don't bother to preprint luggage tags. I simply show the porters (who always expect to be tipped anyway - US at least) my set sail. They write out luggage tag. Attach. Take luggage.

So far (knock on wood) in the last 45 cruises this has worked on Royal, Celebrity, NCL.......

-Holly

(who really doesn't want others on planes and trains to know where she is headed anyway.....

They did?:confused: How did that happen? I've used them a number of times and they were very secure.

The rubber thingy that attaches the tag broke. Never happened when I stapled paper tags. Lesson learned. I now tuck the tag with cable tie in purse or outside zipper compartment and attach it right before I give it in at the ship. I hole punch laminated paper tag and attach with cable tie.

I ordered luggage tags on the RCI website for a November 1 departure on Oasis and they were sent to me, quickly, for free. Is this not normal, or was it offered only because I'm in a suite?

Because you are in a suite.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I don't care about chocolate in the pillow or a funny animal in my stateroom. But as in today I still miss the big envelop with my colored luggage tag. Now I just print them at home and go like "here are my luggage tags, whatever"

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Other cruise lines have been doing it for years. Not a problem.

I bought a very small stapler and now keep it in my cosmetic bag. It weighs ounces and does the job.

This is just one of MANY cutbacks I've noticed. Every cruise there is new cuts.

Prices keep going up, we keep getting less :(

I bought these holders for our Freedom cruise last year on Amazon! They worked great. We put them on the luggage at the hotel and when we got to the port we just handed our bags to the porter, gave a tip and went on our way! :cool:

002_zps6dcab34f.jpg

Edited by bigque