Bringing Wine on Board

Question about the size of the bottle.

I bought a bottle of Reilsling and thought it was 750ml, but after I got home, I saw it was 1 liter, can I board with that? :confused:

Thank you.

It's against the rules so don't be surprised if they say no.

Well dang it, guess I'll just have to drink that bottle & buy another. :D

Sounds like a plan! However, they didn't really look at the size of our bottles (they were still in plastic bags from grocery store) - just wanted to make sure they were sealed.

People flying to the cruise port city have no choice but to travel with the wine in their checked luggage, unless they want to pull the wine from their checked bags and switch it to their carry-on bags at some point after retrieving their luggage. It is not against the rules to put it in your checked bags. Just be prepared to get called to the "naughty room." Sure, that's what we call it on here, but you are doing nothing wrong. Now if they find that bottle of Jack Daniels in there.... ;)

What do you think would happen if you carried on 2 bottles, but packed an extra bottle into your checked luggage?

My MIL got her bag held back in the "naughty room" and had to go get it the first night of the cruise. And they kept the wine until the end of the cruise when she disembarked. She didn't even go back and get it because that was a whole other process to get it back.

I don't know what will happen in your situation. However if people keep posting how they intend to cheat the system on a public website that the cruise line reads, we will lose the ability to bring any bottles of wine on board.

It's extra baggage and stress to carry wine on board.

I'm not driving to the jersey shore to a cabin, or the mountain .

I'm going on a cruise on a luxury Ship. Bars galore!!!!

I take the unlimited drinking package ;)

I don't know what will happen in your situation. However if people keep posting how they intend to cheat the system on a public website that the cruise line reads, we will lose the ability to bring any bottles of wine on board.

At our Meet and Mingle last week, we were specifically told that someone in Miami reads Cruise Critic. I agree with you, Bob, about telling how to cheat. Personally, I think the two bottles of wine is generous. Remember when you could bring nothing! And notice, no longer any talk of rum runners!!

My MIL got her bag held back in the "naughty room" and had to go get it the first night of the cruise. And they kept the wine until the end of the cruise when she disembarked. She didn't even go back and get it because that was a whole other process to get it back.

Her wine must not have been the approved size/quantity. They will deliver the confiscated wine or liquor (along with any alcohol you purchased during the trip) to your cabin the last night of the cruise. If anything confiscated was not in original bottles, you will not get it back.

We always bring 2 bottles onboard, we've asked our cabin steward for a wine opener and he provided one for us quickly, we now use that as our "travel" opener. I bought a nice 2 bottle wine carrier at bed bath and beyond a few years ago, and so its easy to carry the bottles onboard, just like a purse, and if my husband and I trade off on carrying it, its not too bad until we can get in our room. We must fly to the ports, so we usually pick up wine at the port or near the hotel before boarding.

What do you think would happen if you carried on 2 bottles, but packed an extra bottle into your checked luggage?

During one boarding last year, they inspected and logged (by name and stateroom number) each and every bottle of wine bout on board. That time, extra bottles would have been caught. That was an April cruise, IIRC, and the extra vigilance may have been due to possible sprig breakers (or maybe just because they felt like it).