2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

Who among us hasn't left the house to go to work, to the store or visit friends when we have a cold, a slight fever , a cough or been around someone else who was sick such as our kids. :rolleyes:

There is a HUGE difference between a cold and Ebola.

Yea a huge difference. EBOLA can kill you.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

LOL......a bit of a broad paint brush there. All of the younger generation or just a certain %? Kinda like the beatniks of the 50's and the hippies of the 60's and early 70's? And what about the younger generation that segued from Clinton to Bush (or from Bush to Obama)?:rolleyes:

EXACTLY. Jeez. :cool:

You seriously believe them she has no symptoms? Look at my earlier post. Why would she choose NOW to tell someone, and not when she boarded??? Total bologna.

All reports are still that it is the CDC that notified the ship; not the woman.

Folks,

We are on the Freedom next sunday. I don't want to go. Don't want to get on a plane, or get on a ship. Carnival can do the screening, but people will lie just to get on.

I don't think putting my families well being in jeopardy is smart right now.

Your thoughts are welcomed...

Edited by rydan

This really freaks me out as I am supposed to be on the Magic next week! I am not afraid of catching ebola, I am afraid they are going to quarantine the ship once it comes in and therefore cancel my vacation, as well as panic thousands of people.

exactly~!~

I'm sure Carnival would have allowed her to change the date of her sailing after the 21 day incubation period, for her sake and the other 4,000 passengers, if she would have explained her position in the first place! The article says she has been self-monitoring for 19 days, so she knew ahead of time that there was a possible "risk". Personally, getting onboard a cruise ship carrying that many passengers and knowing that something might happen, is just plain inexcusable.

A lot of posters are saying people are over-reacting, hysterical, should climb under their beds and hide etc.

Let's face facts here. The ball has been dropped, the US has under-reacted and that's why we're in this situation now. There are only 2 reported cases, right now, of workers who were directly exposed to Eric Duncan. This can potentially snowball into a full-blown epidemic here in the States. We are not prepared and haven't taken the precautions to prevent/contain this horrible disease.

Self-monitoring? What a joke, of course people are going to down-play any symptoms and lie on forms or to the CDC when reporting their daily temps. Open your eyes, this IS happening, it's for real.

On TV this morning, they are saying the nurse has NO symptoms but has "self quarantined" herself in her room. Let's not assume she has anything yet...

This really freaks me out as I am supposed to be on the Magic next week! I am not afraid of catching ebola, I am afraid they are going to quarantine the ship once it comes in and therefore cancel my vacation, as well as panic thousands of people.

We need to remember..."Fearbola" is MUCH for contagious than Ebola! 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Idk what to tell you hun.

I can see both sides, but I think we are probably more likely to die in a wreck or something than contract Ebola on a cruise. I would definitely still go.

We are booked tomorrow and we are going and we are going to have a great time.

You can't believe what the media is reporting on much of the Ebola cases. Their stories are changing hourly!

It is all over the news here in Dallas and National news. Local news says one thing, National news something else. You then have family paraded on TV to throw someone/anyone under the bus for their 15 min of fame.

They had the uncle of the nurse (from the plane) on this morning. He said that the nurse never called the CDC, when the CDC already said they spoke to her.

It's all crazy!

IMO, this whole thing was handled poorly. The hospital works I'm sure were trained for Ebola. (the probably watched an hour long training film months/years ago) When a man comes into ANY ER in the US, with fever, body aches, diarrhea, the first thing these workers think of is not Ebola, it's the flu. Who was talking to this man (Duncan) to get his history? Did he come in and say "I was in West Africa, I was exposed to Ebola, I am showing symptoms" I bet not at first, but that is MY speculation at this point. He was treated for flu like symptoms and sent home.

When he returned to Presby Dallas, how long before he was diagnosed with Ebola? Did he tell them then? I don't know. It is then that the CDC should have stepped in and took over. He should have been moved to Emory. There are really only 4 hospitals in the country equipped to handle this sort of contagious outbreak.

There is a lot of blame to go around. From Duncan, to the CDC. But, playing the blame game is NOT going to stop the spread of the disease. We We (US, CDC, etc.) need to stop pointing fingers, and pull together to nip this in the bud. Then you learn from what worked, and what went wrong. Until then the powers that been need to focus on the problem and quit trying to cover their ass!

You are not being completely irrational as others will claim. If you said you didn't want to travel because you might get Scurvy or Polio...then I would say you are being irrational.

If you truly are concerned and don't want to travel invoke the cancel for any reason portion of your travel insurance and choose another time you are more comfortable with.

We do too, I admit that I am a bit scared...especially since my kids will be with me.

But what the difference of catching anything else while cruising.

You're not licking the railings or other passengers.

You have to live life... YOLO.

If your last hoorah is a cruise... I'd say it was pretty awesome.

I just got back from a routine visit to my doctor. I was asked four questions regarding fever, other symptoms, traveling to a list of countries with known outbreaks, and contact with anyone who had traveled or been exposed to or diagnosed with Ebola. My dr told me that the health care association who owns their practice is requiring them to do this screening.

We chatted about the Magic, and I told him I would board the ship today without a worry. He said, "Me, too". He said he anticipates seeing a number of patients who will panic about the Ebola virus, but refuse to get a flu shot.