Ruby Live Quebec 22nd Oct to Ft L

Shogun

WOW - You still have some time to wind down and relax. Virgin eh! Heard good things about them. Terminal F - not much there to pass the time, but there is a Budweiser Brew House between gates 12 & 14 (down near the end - gates in the 20's are at the very end) :D

Hi All

Made it back home, now l never seem to get a straight forward journey, flight was a Virgin 747 very nice plane good service, anyway a couple of hours before landing l headed for the toilet same time as another passenger on reaching the back of the plane we find a lady of the floor plane is dark those close to her have not seen her, the other man checks to see if she is just sleeping but no response, l go and get a flight attendant crew is 17 strong, not sure what had happened to the lady, but after a few minutes she is up and helped to her seat, what l found strange was later a flight attendant found me and thanked me for raising the alarm, appears not all my fellow passengers would go to the aid of another,

Yours Shogun

Hi All

Well only a few more hours and we take the big bird home, checked out of our hotel, they are looking after our bags, also moved check out time by three hours which helps,

Mrs Shogun not keen on South Beach anymore to many folks walking about with big snakes,

Yours Shogun

Yikes, that would keep me out of South Beach.

We were on the fall Ruby TA in September, and by the time we got to NYC I thought we were sailing on a hospital ship. There were lots of people with colds and lots who sounded like they had bronchitis. We opted not to go into the Explorer Lounge for Platinum/Elite disembarkation because it was full of people sneezing and coughing. All it takes is a few people who board with colds to share it with the whole ship.

Well Shogun... that seemed to be an eventful trip for you. Happily you're home safely. Let me see if I got all this right.....

- almost missed your plane in Toronto due to traffic accident

- loved Quebec

- loved Saguenay

- didn't really like the NYC tour

- got drenched in Bar Harbour

- missed Charleston

- couple of heavy sea days

- got sick

- Drag Queens and snakes in Miami

- unconscious woman on plane home

Think you'll remember this one?? :D :D

I have wanted to do this itinery for a long time and finally this year got to do it. There was certainly a lot of rocking and a rolling and dipping and a swaying going on. I felt so sorry for some of the crew members who were feeling the effects of the movement. They were still there doing their jobs, but you could tell they weren't feeling well. I was fortunate to not be affected by the seas. My husband not so much. To my knowledge he's never been sea sick, but this time on two different days he had 'to rest' for the day in our cabin. He ended up getting the 'crude' that was being passed through the ship, but fortunately not until the last day. He said it was the fastest we've ever flown from Lauderdale to Seattle...he slept the whole way.

Thought the crew was fabulous! Most were always going above and beyond to give great service.

Thanks Shogun for your review and to the others that jumped in and shared their experiences. We did some of this cruise last year. I just wanted to tell you Shogun that we left your neck of the woods just before the weather turned nasty. We tried out a bus trip of the UK and Ireland in Sept/Oct. We wanted to see as much as we could and a cruise wouldn't have done that for us. We were a month touring. Really enjoyed it. I have to tell you that Scotland is a beautiful country Shogun! We toured all over including going into the highlands...I can imagine what it must look like in the spring when the heather is purple. I was also surprised to find out you have ski resort areas...I never knew that. What beautiful scenery and I just loved Edinburgh! Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the review.

Edited by cormike1
spelling

Hi cormike1

Thanks for following the live from,

Glad you enjoyed your travels, Scotland has a few ski centres,

Wildlife park close by has Polar Bears,

we also do sledge dog racing, 1000 dogs,

http://siberianhuskyclub.org.uk/aviemore-rally/2014-shcgb-aviemore-rally/

Scotland has much to offer

yours Shogun

Hi All,

No doubt I will recall a few events that I forgot to tell you,

but thought this was off note,

while at IC,

Group wanted coffee brewed stuff,

girl checks coffee cards and says sorry to one guy as card not valid,

guy looks surprised as he has used it to get coffee before, girl explains rules,

guy then makes big mistake, and asks if she understands english, she is very polite at all times,

he then reads out aloud coffee card and then goes on to say see card is good on future cruises, you do not understand english,

by this time his mates are trying to explain to him he is wrong, but will not accept it, decides not to have coffee,

then says he will wait until she has gone and will order his coffee then,

now he had unused bits on his card so he could have got a cup by allowing her to punch one of them,

so much fuss over a cup of coffee,

so folk need to go on a vacation and relax may be drink less coffee.

yours Shogun