Ruby Live Quebec 22nd Oct to Ft L

Shogun

Wow, Shogun and Mrs. That's awful what you've been going through. I have a cold or the beginning of a sinus infection. I don't think it's from anything on the ship though. I believe it was a long time in coming so I'm not really surprised. Plane ride home on Wednesday should be interesting.

Beautiful sky and blue water. Nice way to end a wonderful cruise.

Sorry to hear about your illness Steve. Hopefully Donna was not so infected.. after all - all of us robust men become little boys when we get sick and need momma to make us better! :)

Boy the Ruby must be doing something like 5 knots?? When I looked at 3:30 she was aprx 70 miles out of FLL. So at 7 kts that would take 10 hours, or a little after midnight to get to port.

Really hope you're feeling better tomorrow so you can enjoy the few days you have in MIA before the long flight home. Take care.

Hi All

Dropped ship a small note thanking them for excellent freindly service, requested note was displayed on crew notice board, got a nice note back from an officer along with some nibbles,

Horizon court had a few big windows closed off with maintenance crews checking out frames may be storm damage we had trim come lose inside our cabin,

Ship handled storm well, very little damage, but driers were on in a few areas so may be water had got in.

Overall very happy with the level of service on this cruise compared to a few months ago,

Packing tonight, Mrs shogun not happy as first time she has been sea sick and did not enjoy feeling

Yours Shogun

Enjoyed your journey. I'm sorry you fell ill. I hope you feel better soon.

Can someone on the Ruby tell me if there is a person in charge at that Passenger Service desk named Terry? He was on the Coral back in March and was very kind with a request I had. He told me he was to be assigned to the Ruby and would be on in December. Would like to know if he is as I would like to thank him again for his kindness.

Hi All

Just ran into Peter our CD so thought would chat about him l would describe him as an old fashioned CD in that he is a showman a performer leads his team from the front, always smiling and wiling to spend time with passengers, for me entertainment finished a little early no 10.00pm muts, very few movies late on, but biggest issue is no more TV guide big mistake Princess needs to bring this back, overall Peter and his team have done a good job complaint s have been about packed out shows local shows like the RCMP pipe band were packed out not even standing room left,

Peter said he had a copy of my letter as ship had copied to all department s

Yours Shogun

Hi All

Still sitting on Ruby not sure what time we will get off disembarkation delayed folks saying only two custom officers,

Saw groups of passengers wanting to get off turned away and told to wait in lounge,

Folks walking about with boxes of tissues, lots of coughing, lots complaining of sore throats,

Weather looks better,

Yours Shogun

Hi All

Still sitting on Ruby not sure what time we will get off disembarkation delayed folks saying only two custom officers,

Saw groups of passengers wanting to get off turned away and told to wait in lounge,

Folks walking about with boxes of tissues, lots of coughing, lots complaining of sore throats,

Weather looks better,

Yours Shogun

Sun is shining, but we think it's cool. Only 66. Don't know what's holding you up, but our friends are already off and at their hotel on 17th St.

Addendum: Just realized you aren't going home and you're getting on the Royal for 10 days. So are our friends. Will tell them to look for you.

This port always has too few immigration people.

Edited by Pia1913

Hi Shogun, sorry that you are not feeling very well.

We were on the Ruby TA & NY to Quebec Sept/Oct 14. I got ill with the sore throat & fever very early on after leaving Southampton. My other half then caught it as we arrived in NY. American friends who got on in NY became ill with the same within a couple of days on board. There were also lots of other passengers and crew who had it, one crew member told us that he had been on the ship for nearly 6 months had it 3 times. I caught it again just as we arrived in Quebec.....In fact we spent more money on Cough and Cold remedies than we did on alcohol for the whole trip, so with our OBC we were unable to spend we treated ourselves to watches from the Duty Free, so Happy Days.

Hope that you and Mrs Shogun feel better soon and have a good journey home :)

Sure sounds like the ship needs a good cleaning.. Was on HAL a number of years ago in Alaska and it seemed everyone had similar symptoms. What was interesting once they were off the ship a couple of days all was well, kind of think they were sending some kind of cleaning solution or other disinfectant through the ventilation system. Hopefully, it isn't that as my folks will be getting on for 2 weeks on the 15th November and don't need them visiting the infirmary....

Safe travels everyone..

Hi Shogun,

If it makes you feel better, lots of folk are coughing over here too. :(

It was good to read about our past cruise again. It brought back memories of 5 years ago. It was a pity about the storm.

Hope you and Donna are recovered now.

Hi All

We got off ship at 11.15 was only one customs agent for non US folks,

Pia we cancelled our trip on the Royal,

We were standing in a long line for taxis when a driver appeared saying

Miami only that us and we walked to front of the line,

Hotel is interesting next to bed is a glass wall on other side is shower then another glass wall then toilet, only good thing glass steams up quickly,

Overall this cruise was very nice, crew used our names, lady who set up my day on Emerald for my ROWs joined ship so nice to catch up with year,

Just can not work out why two cruises only weeks apart delivered such differences in service,

Saw executive chef in trident grill checking on stores and burgers always like to see this,

Yours Shogun

Hi All

We got off ship at 11.15 was only one customs agent for non US folks,

Pia we cancelled our trip on the Royal,

We were standing in a long line for taxis when a driver appeared saying

Miami only that us and we walked to front of the line,

Hotel is interesting next to bed is a glass wall on other side is shower then another glass wall then toilet, only good thing glass steams up quickly,

Overall this cruise was very nice, crew used our names, lady who set up my day on Emerald for my ROWs joined ship so nice to catch up with year,

Just can not work out why two cruises only weeks apart delivered such differences in service,

Saw executive chef in trident grill checking on stores and burgers always like to see this,

Yours Shogun

Hope your both feeling better. We too have colds, but not as bad as yours sounds. When do you fly out? We're in Miami till Sunday when we get on the Splendor. We have a rental car, so maybe we could get together for dinner or ? before you folks leave. Thoughts?

Saw Shogun before debarkation and he certainly wasn't feeling well.. Seems just about everyone was coughing. Even on our flight home to Seattle there were plenty of people with sniffles, sore throats and the cough. We didn't escape. We're both coughing a bit and can feel it moving deeper into our chests.. At least it didn't strike until the end..

Hi bunnysmon,

We can see the cruise ships sailing out of Miami from our hotel,

We fly out tomorrow night, would be nice to meet up, but not a good idea as this puppy is quite ill, been to pharmacy for advise, have pills etc will see doctor when home, just now not able to keep food in me just now.

Hi toberman,

Hotel is the Tides, location is amazing price was good, hotel its self is OK not five star,

Service is good, clean etc.

Hi kenswing

Hope you do not get this bug the way l have gone down with it, was nice to faces to names.

If anyone is one Ruby just now or in contact with those onboard would be interested to know health of those on board.

As to Miami, we have an interesting bar next door last night was drag Queen night,

Not sure what tonight is,

Yours Shogun

Hi bunnysmon,

We can see the cruise ships sailing out of Miami from our hotel,

We fly out tomorrow night, would be nice to meet up, but not a good idea as this puppy is quite ill, been to pharmacy for advise, have pills etc will see doctor when home, just now not able to keep food in me just now.

Hi toberman,

Hotel is the Tides, location is amazing price was good, hotel its self is OK not five star,

Service is good, clean etc.

Hi kenswing

Hope you do not get this bug the way l have gone down with it, was nice to faces to names.

If anyone is one Ruby just now or in contact with those onboard would be interested to know health of those on board.

As to Miami, we have an interesting bar next door last night was drag Queen night,

Not sure what tonight is,

Yours Shogun

Hope you are feeling better for your flight home. You never know we may be on the same

ship again one day. Safe journey home Shogun and Mrs. S !

Made it home today without problem. We had to stay in Ft. Lauderdale last night because airline schedules didn't permit us to get home yesterday. Zee may have what Shogun has. She's down for the count now.

All in all, it was a good cruise. Enjoyed meeting many of you. Perhaps we'll meet again on another one.

Hi

Nice meeting the both of you, sorry to hear Zee is ill,

Have heard from a passenger on the Ruby's spring TA and they were I'll for weeks after getting of ship, docs could not tell what it was only a nasty virus like bug.

Yours Shogun

Hi All

Well only a few more hours and we take the big bird home, checked out of our hotel, they are looking after our bags, also moved check out time by three hours which helps,

Mrs Shogun not keen on South Beach anymore to many folks walking about with big snakes,

Yours Shogun