Dining Specialty Package

hamrag

Can the 3 or 5 day dining specialty package be ordered on board? We can book it pre-cruise, but have lots of OBC to use!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Yes. However some of the preferred dinning times might be gone if you wait till you board. We waited our last sailing and got all our times. We got the Ultimate dinning Package last and only trip on "X" (can only be purchased on board). We eat early so all times were available. Still debating if we want to do that option again. BTW, to all the seasoned "X" folks out there. Is this option still available???

Edited by miataman19

Yes. However some of the preferred dinning times might be gone if you wait till you board. We waited our last sailing and got all our times. We got the Ultimate dinning Package last and only trip on "X". We eat early so all times were available. Still debating if we want to do that option again. BTW, to all the seasoned "X" folks out there. Is this option still available???

Yes it is and the Ultimate must be purchased on board.

Is this option still available??

Spoke to Celebrity, yesterday and they confirmed that the UDP is still available for purchase.

Next month will be my forth time for the Package, I have always pre-booked every night ahead and converted these reservations to the package when I get aboard. Never had problem, agree it could be regarded as a gamble but I believe it would be unlikely for them to refuse as you still retain the right to cancel for a full refund.

By the way a MGB is definitely better than MX5...........!!!!!!!! LOL

What exactly is the Ultimate Dining Package, is it the 5 night option at $149, and can you choose the same restaurant every time if that is what you wanted?

The Ultimate Package is every specialty restaurant AND Bistro on 5 AND

The Porch on Silhlouette AND Reflection. I am not sure how much it

is at this point in time but you get more offerings than the 5 night package.

What exactly is the Ultimate Dining Package, is it the 5 night option at $149, and can you choose the same restaurant every time if that is what you wanted?

The package will allow you to have dinner in any of the speciality restaurants every night of your cruise. You can dine in Murano every night if you wish or select any of your choice. Also allows unlimited access free of charge to Bistro on 5 or the Porch for breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as 1 lunch in Murano, 1 lunch in Tuscan and a high tea in Murano. The cost is $29/pp/day and is available on the first day of the cruise with a limited capacity, first come first served.

How can I book the dining times if I have already purchased the 5 dinner package? On the Celebrity page I can just buy new speciality restaurants as choose the time for them but not choose a time for the differerent venues out of the package.

How can I book the dining times if I have already purchased the 5 dinner package? On the Celebrity page I can just buy new speciality restaurants as choose the time for them but not choose a time for the differerent venues out of the package.

With the 5 dinner package you can only select the first dining time, you can't select which restaurant, Celebrity will choose. The remaining 4 dinners can only be reserved when aboard, then you will have a choice but it will be based on availability. With the 3 or 5 Dining Packages you don't hold the cards, you could be shafted and be offered times/venues you don' want.

If you want a specific venue / time you need to book the restaurant individually not thru' these packages.

With the 5 dinner package you can only select the first dining time, you can't select which restaurant, Celebrity will choose. The remaining 4 dinners can only be reserved when aboard, then you will have a choice but it will be based on availability. With the 3 or 5 Dining Packages you don't hold the cards, you could be shafted and be offered times/venues you don' want.

If you want a specific venue / time you need to book the restaurant individually not thru' these packages.

Could I book the restaurants individually and then once onboard cancel and switch to the package, get the money back but keep the time and vanue as previously booked?

Could I book the restaurants individually and then once onboard cancel and switch to the package, get the money back but keep the time and vanue as previously booked?

I have done exactly that ! The best way to ensure you get what you want, no guarantees but then you hold the Aces.

I did the same thing also. Booked the 5 dinner package online to get the times and got a credit when we got on the ship. I didn't specify that in the review. Here is the review I did on the package. Price might be different now. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1818897&page=8

Edited by miataman19

Not quite correct, with the 5 dinner package one has the ability to choose all five restaurants and times once onboard with considerable ease. The are restrictions on the composition of restaurant choice ie on the Eclipse for example the five are made up of 2x Qsine 2x Tuscan and 1x Murano.

For whatever reasons the speciality restaurants are not that heavily patronised, probably because people may feel unwilling to part with their hard earned when they are spoiled for choice with offerings at no extra cost?

Edited by melsuli
edit

Not quite correct, with the 5 dinner package one has the ability to choose all five restaurants and times once onboard with considerable ease. The are restrictions on the composition of restaurant choice ie on the Eclipse for example the five are made up of 2x Qsine 2x Tuscan and 1x Murano.

For whatever reasons the speciality restaurants are not that heavily patronised, probably because people may feel unwilling to part with their hard earned when they are spoiled for choice with offerings at no extra cost?

I only wish your analysis was correct, prices would drop and I could be assured of my 8pm reservations.

5 night dining package, I am booked on the celebrity equinox over christmas and new years for 11 nights. I just called celebrity and the agent told me these are only promotional and not available on my cruise. I find this hard to believe and am not happy. I tried to book this online but it wouldn't let me. Has anyone had this experience?

5 night dining package, I am booked on the celebrity equinox over christmas and new years for 11 nights. I just called celebrity and the agent told me these are only promotional and not available on my cruise. I find this hard to believe and am not happy. I tried to book this online but it wouldn't let me. Has anyone had this experience?

I have the same problem with our new years cruise. I was also trying to book the five dinner package but the system says that it is not available, nervertheless solo dining reservations are possible.