Just Back From THE JOURNEY And Oh My.. What A Journey It Was!!

Sleep7

You're welcome!!! Next one up for us is next September on the Quest, after what will be an absence of almost two years. And we'll be seeing some new ports so I'm sure there will be a trip report involved. ;)

two yeas! seems yuo were only taking like two other cruises-what happened to 2016 wih us.. i know you are trying RCI over Celebrity.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! It was so much fun to relive the week.

Spursgirl.. I see you are a jewelry lover too! I would have asked the exact same question! Have you heard of the LOVE bracelet? It's plain gold with imprints of screw marks that you screw on and off your wrist? I got the white gold one.. I admire it hourly!:)

Dr65.. your cruise sounds as wonderful as ours was.:)

Host Jazzbeau.. thank you for the welcome home wishes. I totally agree that it's so nice to spread to goodness of Azamara! No worries.. scary but true 2016 will come up awfully fast!!

Host Andy.. thanks for your help in the beginning.. the photo thing totally baffled me but now I'm a pro!

Lynne.. I really know nothing about Roses except it was names for the island of Rhodes.. not for the flower which kind of surprised me. We didn't see much of it at all as the bus was waiting right at the pier when we got off the tender. It didn't seem like there were too many touristy things to do there though. Have a super time on your cruise!!!!

I do know the Cartier love bracelet. It is stunning.

Enjoy wearing it

two yeas! seems yuo were only taking like two other cruises-what happened to 2016 wih us.. i know you are trying RCI over Celebrity.

Oops sorry, what I meant was we went on the Quest in 12/13 and we won't be back on her until 9/15, 9/16/ and 11/16. This year was our "Journey" year. :D I thought we wouldn't be back with Azamara at all next year but thanks to the double upgrade promo we managed to squeeze it in. Just like I hope Sleep7--Claudia--to squeeze another Azamara in before too much time goes by!

No surprise Spursgirl that you knew it exactly!:)

Deirdre.. we would LOVE to take another Azamara cruise next year but unfortunately there is not one 7 day cruise in the fall that begins on a Saturday.:eek: I just checked 2016 and it's the same situation.. a true bummer.:mad:

Just thought of two more pics to post.. now that I'm such an expert.

The silliest bottle of Sangria ever.. I'm sure you all saw them in the duty free shops at BCN.:)

ry%3D480

And in closing.. the "pursuits of cruising happiness!"

ry%3D480

No surprise Spursgirl that you knew it exactly!:)

Deirdre.. we would LOVE to take another Azamara cruise next year but unfortunately there is not one 7 day cruise in the fall that begins on a Saturday.:eek: I just checked 2016 and it's the same situation.. a true bummer.:mad:

I see you're still juggling vacation days like we are, too. We chose the Sept. 8th cruise on the Quest next year because the 7th is a national holiday so even though the cruise begins on a Tuesday, it eats up only 6 vacation days. I'd prefer 5 vacation days since it's only a week long cruise, but that was as close as we could get it. I told my husband he is not allowed any personal sick days next year because we need them all for cruise days!!!

Oops sorry, what I meant was we went on the Quest in 12/13 and we won't be back on her until 9/15, 9/16/ and 11/16. This year was our "Journey" year. :D I thought we wouldn't be back with Azamara at all next year but thanks to the double upgrade promo we managed to squeeze it in. Just like I hope Sleep7--Claudia--to squeeze another Azamara in before too much time goes by!

this helps a lot. thought you had posted on the cruise across the pond.. that cruise is like going to be full soon.. where to Nov 16th.. i seem to be in Asia and Oz unless i change my plans. are yuo willing to tell which cruises. i started on JR years ago but seem to Quest more. JR again 8/16/

Hi Sleep7, I too am sad to see your cruise review come to an end. Though I'm happy you found an open Cartier store and found the bracelet you wanted!

For many years I had a quest to find one antique gold charm that would represent each vacation. It had to be gold, vintage, and had to be representative of the trip or favorite country. It wasn't easy; thus probably why I don't continue the tradition...I spent too much time looking for antique stores! But I do LOVE that bracelet. Some day I'll post a photo of the charm bracelet :)

Aww.. thanks Bonnie. I'm sorry to see it end as well.. writing it was like a little dose of debarking therapy.

I just LOVE old charm bracelets.. especially ones that tell a story of sweet memories and important events in the owner's life.

Best place for you to look for charms is Ebay. Search "14k vintage charms" and a zillion will come up. You can narrow it down if you are looking for a specific city or country by adding that to the search. It's a bummer that gold is so high now. I filled up 2 vintage charm bracelets when gold was $300/ounce. Most of the charms were less than $50 each.. now they are so much more.:(

Hi MWC!

Yes!! Just like the one I bought but mine is in white gold with no stones. That one is in rose gold and I think it had a diamond or two in it.

Here is a pic on mine on the wrist. Oh dear.. we are turning this thread into a blingfest!

ry%3D400

Hi MWC!

Yes!! Just like the one I bought but mine is in white gold with no stones. That one is in rose gold and I think it had a diamond or two in it.

Here is a pic on mine on the wrist. Oh dear.. we are turning this thread into a blingfest!

ry%3D400

It's beautiful and thank you for posting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

I googled the bracelet and found several pictures.

There is nothing wrong with a blingfest. ;) :D

Oh it's nice to share fun things! :)

It comes in a box with it's own little screw driver. The bracelet comes apart and you screw it onto your wrist. It's rather snug so you can't slip it on and off. You are supposed to keep it on always as a sign of everlasting love.. Awww..

I actually like to take all my jewelry off every night so it's a change for me. I'm getting used to it though! ;)

It's beautiful and thank you for posting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

I googled the bracelet and found several pictures.

There is nothing wrong with a blingfest. ;) :D

one reason to cruise is the new cities and another to shop

Hi MWC!

There's absolutely nothing wrong in that. My bit of Cartier is on my wrist in post 17 of my Journey report and it never leaves my wrist. I've had it for a while now and I still can't keep my eyes off it or believe I even own anything like it! It's a precious memory and a smile too because of where and when I got it (and the indulgent husband who couldn't say no ;)).

Oh yay Deirdre!! I really wanted to ask you to post what you bought but I wasn't sure that was OK to do. I went to post 17 and it looks beautiful.. but we really do need a closeup!:)

Bonnie.. you are up next.. travel charm bracelet pics please..

Oh one other thing.. in the post 17 picture I see that you are wearing the bracelet on the same wrist as a metal watch. That's actually what I would like to do rather than wear them alone.. one on each arm. BUT.. do you find that the bracelet scratches the watch or vice versa?

Oh yay Deirdre!! I really wanted to ask you to post what you bought but I wasn't sure that was OK to do. I went to post 17 and it looks beautiful.. but we really do need a closeup!:)

Bonnie.. you are up next.. travel charm bracelet pics please..

Claudia, it's the watch that I have (that little silver bracelet next to it came from an Athens street market on our May Journey cruise). I had my heart set on that watch because right next to the Roman numerals are small numbers with the 24 hour clock--you know "15" for 3 pm, "22" for 10 pm. It so handy to have that feature when you're reading train schedules and show times and the like when in Europe. At least that was the practical reason I sold my engineer husband on. :p The watch is plain stainless so it can take a little bit of battering from bracelets. It's scratched up anyway from daily wearing so I don't worry too much. It's all patina to me. When I'm dead and gone my daughter can bring it to the jeweler and have it shined up if she wants!

Edited by dln929

Oh it's the watch that is the "red box" bauble!! Perfect!!

It was hard to see from the pic and usually I have radar for these things!

The 24 hour clock is a cool and useful feature especially since you travel so often. I love that it was your "reasoning" for the purchase.;)

Oh it's the watch that is the "red box" bauble!! Perfect!!

It was hard to see from the pic and usually I have radar for these things!

The 24 hour clock is a cool and useful feature especially since you travel so often. I love that it was your "reasoning" for the purchase.;)

my car is set to the 24 hour clock and when i can i do the same for everything else.. can not stand the American 12 hour clock. .to hard to miss something- and I have.. our country should change it and the weather degrees to join he world.

for the record that i can remember i have 7 dreses and 3 tops brought overseas in the past 3 years-plus shoes and hats and shawls.. my idea of remembering my trips. i also have come home twice with LV bags and other named bags.. you just never know.

Go Robin!!;)

It is so much FUN to buy a "souvenir" that does more than just sit on a shelf.. it sits on you. It reminds you of the lovely time and place that you purchased it.. priceless.

With all your travels I'm sure you have a treasure trove of goodies.:)

So sorry to see that the trip report has come to an end, but what fun to read about all the bling. :)

Thanks for taking the time to make us all excited once more about all the things that makes Azamara so special to so many cruisers.

Go Robin!!;)

It is so much FUN to buy a "souvenir" that does more than just sit on a shelf.. it sits on you. It reminds you of the lovely time and place that you purchased it.. priceless.

With all your travels I'm sure you have a treasure trove of goodies.:)

I cruise for the sights;food- i go to try new palces and not worry about cost; also to shop.. I lvoe the fact it sits on me. I love at my pictures at times but seem to enjoy my collection over he pictures. another great thing is my very cheap street art that is hanging all over my hosue from bathroom to kitchen to bedrooms.. memories are everywhere.

Pam.. most of us can answer your trip questions but we need a question to answer. .i do believe B&N Norway books and the CC -ports of call will help the most.. i have been to ports you are not going to but have not been to Olden. some one time and soem four.. but i need a question to answer.. i have seen posted here several ideas fro bergen; tromso etc..my favorite guide is B&N..

Pam.. most of us can answer your trip questions but we need a question to answer. .i do believe B&N Norway books and the CC -ports of call will help the most.. i have been to ports you are not going to but have not been to Olden. some one time and soem four.. but i need a question to answer.. i have seen posted here several ideas fro bergen; tromso etc..my favorite guide is B&N..

Hi, Robin, I am not sure to what you are responding. :confused: I simply have enjoyed following sleep7's thread about her cruise.

I have spent two days in Bergen already on a land trip with my sister so do not need any information about it.