cambria suites

sarahcat111

Do you remember the price of the taxi from the hotel to the port? We are considering booking this park and cruise hotel as well. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but I can't remember. I suspect if you called the hotel they could tell you. Most of the time I don't pay attention to what it costs because I refuse to take shuttles.:)

Sorry, but I can't remember. I suspect if you called the hotel they could tell you. Most of the time I don't pay attention to what it costs because I refuse to take shuttles.:)

Thank you. I avoid the shuttles as well. Thanks!

It's been awhile since we stayed there, but when our cruise departed from Fort Lauderdale (Carnival Freedom, January 2012) Cambria Suites is where we spent the night before. I did read some cruise reviews before and most were good, the only real complaints were "no free breakfast" and "poor signage" as some were driving to the hotel from the airport and had a hard time finding it. We took the hotel's shuttle from the airport and also took their shuttle to the cruise terminal. We spent 2 nights at the hotel so had a full day to find something to do. It was myself, husband, Mom and a friend. The friend had relatives in the area so they picked her up for the day. The rest of us had the desk clerk call for a taxi for us in the afternoon and we went to the beach and Bubba Gump's for dinner. We hired the same taxi driver to pick us up after the cruise and take us back to the airport. We would stay there again, we thought the rooms were very nice and we enjoyed the on-site restaurant/bar.

Edited by Yvonne

What time do the shuttles start running? Thanks for your help.

Sorry for the delay ..just got back tonight from the cruise

They start at 5am but they do run on the hour ...$5 pp

It was a nice size large van to the port

Just book the night before to make sure you have a spot on the shuttle

Check out time is 11 am but found out you could ask for a later time

The breakfast was good ($10)

We did not have a car so just ate in the hotel for dinner which was not bad at all

If you need to get supplies or are staying more than 1 night I would stay elsewhere

It worked for us as we arrived late afternoon for 1 night

Sorry for the delay ..just got back tonight from the cruise

They start at 5am but they do run on the hour ...$5 pp

It was a nice size large van to the port

Just book the night before to make sure you have a spot on the shuttle

Check out time is 11 am but found out you could ask for a later time

The breakfast was good ($10)

We did not have a car so just ate in the hotel for dinner which was not bad at all

If you need to get supplies or are staying more than 1 night I would stay elsewhere

It worked for us as we arrived late afternoon for 1 night

Thanks for the information. We will look for somewhere a little closer to stores.

• 3 months later...
If you book through Stay 1 2 3 and show them your receipt, it is usually included...You must mention this though

Since this post I found that they are now charging a nominal fee for shuttle...Think it is $4 each.