Volendam Lanai

Moriah

Oh, my goodness!! Thank you so much! I never would have thought of doing that.. I was just going to wait a few months and see if they sent me more info. This is why I LOVE this forum and always try to "give back" when I can. Again, thank you SO MUCH. So now the question is.. how do I sign up for the excursion to Tracy Arm from the "service call". (there is also the question as to why they list it the way they do on the itinerary which definitely makes it look as if we'll be cruising Tracy Arm, but never mind about that :) I also saw a 7 hour excursion out of Juneau that takes you into Tracy Arm and lots of people were raving about it. I wonder if it would be better to do that one, or the one you can do from the "service call".... hmmm... I'm going to look and see if they have that excursion listed on the website. Again, thanks so much for doing that chat and asking the question! :)

You bet. The tour should actually show under Tracy Arm when you're looking at shore ex (and usually shore ex show 6-8 months in advance). If not, then you also have the option of looking under Juneau for that one.

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone, I'm resurrecting this thread to thank you all yet again. I'm getting more and more excited about my Volendam cruise to Alaska - and it turns out the itinerary they first posted on the site was wrong, and everything my fellow CC'ers said was RIGHT! Gotta love this resource!! We are signed up for the Tracy Arm excursion that leaves right from the ship in the morning, and then I assume we meet the ship in Juneau later that day. This will be my 10th Alaska cruise (all on HAL except one "mistake" on Celebrity) but first on a smaller ship (all others were Vista class) and first in a lanai cabin and first to Tracy Arm! So ... I'm really really excited. Thanks again for all the info on this thread - it really made a difference for our planning. BTW, our cabin is CA 3334 (port side midship lanai) 3333 wasn't available, but I'm sure this will be great too.

• 2 months later...

Well, here it is only WEEKS from my cruise and I'm really in planning and excitement mode now. I am resurrecting this thread yet again in hopes that someone's been on this cruise already this season and has some resent comments or tips on the Lanai cabins and the Tracy Arm excursion or anything else! We're signed up for the Tracy Arm excursion that leaves off the ship as it is on its way to Juneau, and for the kayak/train excursion in Skagway. Haven't made any other excursion plans so am open to suggestions. This is my 10th Alaska cruise but my good friend and cabin mate will be on her first ever cruise (anywhere!)!! Anyway, anybody been on Volendam this summer?

Moriah,

We will be on the Volendam in Lanai 3336. We are on the Yukon land tour first and will only be boarding in Skagway on August 19th for the cruise portion. When are you going. Am hoping to love the Lanai room. I like the idea of the door going right outside.

Moriah,

We will be on the Volendam in Lanai 3336. We are on the Yukon land tour first and will only be boarding in Skagway on August 19th for the cruise portion. When are you going. Am hoping to love the Lanai room. I like the idea of the door going right outside.

We will be your next door neighbors! We board the 19th in Vancouver - we are just doing the sea part - your trip is going to be awesome! Looking forward to meeting you!

We end in Vancouver. If you board in Vancouver on the 19th you must be on a different cruise since we board in Skagway on 19th. Do I have that right?

We are on Volendam. Leaving Vancouver August 19

Edited by Moriah

We end in Vancouver. If you board in Vancouver on the 19th you must be on a different cruise since we board in Skagway on 19th. Do I have that right?

We are on Volendam. Leaving Vancouver August 19

Yep - I was just looking at our boarding pass which is dated 19th. Should of known better. We will be your neighbors beginning on Saturday Aug. 29th in Skagway. How funny is that!! We booked over a year ago. We signed up for the 7:30 am Glacier Point Wilderness Safari excursion. It lasts 6 1/2 hours. We will board after that? We are from Northern Illinois. Retired for a few years now. In Ketchikan we signed up for the 12:45 Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour.

We were on Volendam last month, and enjoyed the cruise very much. Our intrepid Captain took us up the Grenville Channel, and returning we came through the Seymour Narrows. Great views. We were on the LP deck, but as we booked very much last minute, were not able to snag a lanai, but we were able to dash outside at a moment's notice when we needed to! I did do a thread, but it was more about the changes to our little ship during her re-fit in Singapore.

We saw the little boat taking people to Tracy Arm, looked like everyone was having fun.

Hola, Canada! I believe the dry dock was in the Spring, in Singapore. My thread on the cosmetic changes is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225930. I'm not sure if there were other more important things done, but it seemed to be new bathrooms, carpeting, and the new lanai cabins. We did the Far East cruise last year, and really enjoyed it. Have a great time!