Tip for beer drinkers

jb456

If your a Bud drinker and not buying a drink package here is a little tip. They have a promo bucket of 16oz bottles buy 4 and get the 5th free.. Comes to $26.45 a bucket total with gratuities.

It sounds like a good deal but it's actually not.

During the day they have happy hour at different bars. Buy 1 get 1. The info of what time and at what bar is on the daily platters.

Stock up on your booze during happy hour. Buy 3 total $19.83 and you get 3 free.

It is $6.62 cheaper then a bucket and you get 6 beers instead of 5.

Enjoy the drinking I did :)

Edited by jb456

If your a Bud drinker and not buying a drink package here is a little tip. They have a promo bucket of 16oz bottles buy 4 and get the 5th free.. Comes to $26.45 a bucket total with gratuities.

It sounds like a good deal but it's actually not.

During the day they have happy hour at different bars. Buy 1 get 1. The info of what time and at what bar is on the daily platters.

Stock up on your booze during happy hour. Buy 3 total $19.83 and you get 3 free.

It is $6.62 cheaper then a bucket and you get 6 beers instead of 5.

Enjoy the drinking I did :)

Thanks for the tip.:D

Your welcome - I only figured it out after the first 15 buckets but oh well lol. Had a $500 OBC so it covered it anyways.

I hope that (15 buckets) wasn't in one day.:eek:

I look forward to reaping the rewards of your research.;)

OP , I think you are taking this beer savings issue just a little too seriously. :p

But since you bring it up, can you take beer unopened back to your cabin

or anywhere else on Princess ?

You can walk around anywhere on the ship with opened or unopened bottle. Bring them back in your room if you want as well.

Walked around all day and night with a beer bucket (saves time waiting to be served) and all bartenders are kind enough to refill your ice when you need.

If you are bringing back to your room and have a bucket. The bucket will fit perfectly in the mini fridge. You just have to slide off the little metal bar that holds the drinks on the door. Once you take that off the fridge closes perfectly.

EDIT fridge does not really get cold which is why it is much better keeping one of the buckets in the fridge to put ice in for drinks, water, soda.

Edited by jb456

Thanx for the info jb .

We often bring a collapsible cooler on board which we fill with ice.

Works great for beer or wine .

De rien! Have no problem helping out a fellow MTL'er you know the prices of booze here maybe thats why I took the drink savings on the boat " a bit to seriously" lol

Edited by jb456

We have been on 27 Princess cruises, and never has a buy 1 get 1 beer or any other alcohol special been mentioned in the Patter. If so, I would jump at it. We have just done the buckets, which also applies to Dos Equis as well and perhaps other beers.

We have been on 27 Princess cruises, and never has a buy 1 get 1 beer or any other alcohol special been mentioned in the Patter. If so, I would jump at it. We have just done the buckets, which also applies to Dos Equis as well and perhaps other beers.

So maybe something new? Cause they were on our platters. Here is a pic of one (look at 3pm). The whole trip every time you bought drinks at happy hour you would get a ticket for a raffle.

http://postimg.org/image/ecdds47up/

There was happy hours all day at different bars last one was skywalkers lounge from 11 to midnight

Edited by jb456

WE buy the bucket of beer from Gifts and Services and have it delivered to our cabin when we sail. They have 6 beers for 24.65 with no gratuity. Cheaper that buying at the bar or from bartender. They only have a few brands that you can get this way, but you may be able to exchange it at a bar. Never tried to exchange.

So maybe something new? Cause they were on our platters. Here is a pic of one (look at 3pm). The whole trip every time you bought drinks at happy hour you would get a ticket for a raffle.

http://postimg.org/image/ecdds47up/

There was happy hours all day at different bars last one was skywalkers lounge from 11 to midnight

Thanks for the tip. Just curious, what ship, when and how long was your cruise.

Thanks for the tip. Just curious, what ship, when and how long was your cruise.

Good thought Karin maybe it is based on different cruises? We were just on a short Caribbean 5 nighter on Caribbean Princess. Maybe that is why they had that type of promo going on and it's not on all ships?

Heinikin as well.:D

Good thought Karin maybe it is based on different cruises? We were just on a short Caribbean 5 nighter on Caribbean Princess. Maybe that is why they had that type of promo going on and it's not on all ships?

I hope it is on all ships and cruises now, it certainly wasn't on the Diamond in 2012.

I hope it is on all ships and cruises now, it certainly wasn't on the Diamond in 2012.

We got off the boat Sept 25 2014 - so maybe something new I don't know. Definitely was on ship.

Even shots were included at the nightclub at night. (not sure if they were during the day as I only take them at the end of the night) but had no complaints on the free yagerbombs lol.

Edited by jb456

We got off the boat Sept 25 2014 - so maybe something new I don't know. Definitely was on ship.

Even shots were included at the nightclub at night. (not sure if they were during the day as I only take them at the end of the night) but had no complaints on the free yagerbombs lol.

Not even in the morning?:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra