Allure-Promenade or Central park Balcony

I'm due to sail in 3 weeks. I booked a promenade cabin because thought it would be something different than what we usually get facing the ocean. I now see there is a cabin available for less money than I paid for the Promenade cabin in Central Park Balcony. I can't decide if I want to switch my cabin. The main reason we picked the promenade is so we can watch the parades from our window. If we switch to the Central Park Balcony we would be a different level so no parade watching but we do get to sit on a balcony. Would you switch?

I'm due to sail in 3 weeks. I booked a promenade cabin because thought it would be something different than what we usually get facing the ocean. I now see there is a cabin available for less money than I paid for the Promenade cabin in Central Park Balcony. I can't decide if I want to switch my cabin. The main reason we picked the promenade is so we can watch the parades from our window. If we switch to the Central Park Balcony we would be a different level so no parade watching but we do get to sit on a balcony. Would you switch?

We enjoyed our Central Park balcony very much. We enjoyed watching people walking around and saw a bridal party taking pictures.....so it depends on how will use it. We missed seeing the ocean and the next time we cruise on either Allure or Oasis will probably get a balcony cabin overlooking Boardwalk close to the Aqua theater, to have a little bit of a view of the ocean.

we've been on the allure and oasis and both times, we got central park balconies, very pretty at night. but, others have said the boardwalk balconies have more going on and especially book the cabin closer to the ocean end.

We were in the similar situation for our December Allure sailing. The price of balcony has dropped enough post final payment that prompted us to upgrade to a balcony cabin. We ended up with Boardwalk view balcony with partial view of the aqua theater.

There has been various discussions on the noise level of boardwalk during the water show so it depends on if you want more tranquility, central park is better suited or if you want more activity, boardwalk is better.

I would definitely switch. We've had promenade cabins on other ships and a boardwalk balcony on the Allure. From what I've read, the CP balconies are quieter and can be a bit warmer (less air circulation), but I'd take a balcony over just a window any day, and the CP area is very nice.

Just our opinion,,,,

Best is ocean view balcony!

Central Park Balcony can be hot in summer, cold in winter, but has fresh air! We'd prefer ocean view, but Central Park balcony would be #2 for us!

Promenade no balcony, and can be a little noisy at times, but you see what's happening on Promenade!

Whatever you choose, enjoy!:)