I missed the ship last week! Allure, at first port... what to expect...

klfhngr

I'm still shaking my head at some of the disbelievers on here. On the plus side, I have added several posters to my blocked list so I won't have to see any more of their mean posts on future threads.

I live in TX but use a TA who lives in PA. So what? What does geography have to do with finding a good TA, which the OP apparently has?

Agree. I live in Scotland and use a Ta from the Us. So what

Or maybe the TA is from Canada and was celebrating the holiday with her family?

Man there are some suspicious people here. So for all you cynics, if he is making this up/embellishing, so what?

Exactly what I was thinking. Me DH works with a man from Canada, and he told the day off to celebrate even though he lives here.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, overwhelming! And the kind comments about being a good/great dad :) I think 99% of you moms and dads would've done the same thing...

Skillet, Peace, GMAN, maybe down the road we'll run into each other on another cruise... I'm just glad that you guys had a great time, I saw the pics, lol!

Regarding the safe, I need to make a quick clarification: Security actually went into our safe when my wife was NOT THERE! We were talking last night about this, and she said, 'no, they went thru our safe when we WERE'NT there'.

Anyhow, just a heads up that they will go thru your stuff should you miss the ship. I think the reason they did this was to make sure that I had all of my 'stuff', i.e., pp., bc, money, wallet, etc. If not, they would've taken it and given it to the port authority.

And regarding the Allure, I really loved the ship, but we had a few service related issues. Who knows, maybe my 'side excursion' changed my perspective. I think I'll give the Allure one more shot.

And regarding booking excursions outside of the cruise line: We've done this many many times and have never had an issue. These other companies rely on the cruise industry. They try their hardest to get you back on the ship in time. True, the ship most likely will not wait for these groups, but speaking for myself, I've never had an issue.

Also, regarding my friend and those that asked/mentioned that he should pay for all of my expenses, I forgot to mention this: On his was to your meeting point to the airport, his suitcase flew our of the back of his truck! He went back and it was gone! ALL of his clothes for the trip was in there, everything! So, in Florida, he had to spend about $800 in clothes! Perhaps that was another factor in me being kind, lol! :)

That is interesting because I specifically asked about going through the safe before the ship leaves at a Captain's Corner and I was told they would not for liability reasons. This seems to be another example of getting a different answer from Royal Caribbean depending on who you ask.

That is interesting because I specifically asked about going through the safe before the ship leaves at a Captain's Corner and I was told they would not for liability reasons. This seems to be another example of getting a different answer from Royal Caribbean depending on who you ask.

From our balcony last year on RCCL we saw a ship employee hand deliver a couple passports to someone at the port. They had obviously gone into a cabin and found passports and delivered them ashore for some people who were going to miss the ship.

Perhaps his travel agent is actually in Canada where Thanksgiving was celebrated on Oct. 13.

Exactly, thank you! I guess they thought they caught me a in lie, lol...

Regarding the key situation: When I went up to my cabin, my key didn't work. The steward happened to be in the hallway. She welcomed me back. When she saw that I couldn't open the door, she opened it for me. My wife was already in the room Sorry if I said she gave me a key, she didn't. She just let me in.

Someone asked if I felt that Royal helped me on my end? I'm not really sure. If Alfred was assigned the task to help me out, then YES! If he wasn't assigned the task, then NO ONE from Royal ever spoke to me, period! He asked the lady in the other cart to help me out, she simply said there was nothing she could do. I still don't know who she is, but my wife did say that she was talking to her before the ship left and said I would be in good hand. Obviously not in hers!

Thanks again to klfhngr for posting about his experience. I know many of us can learn from his experience, and I am happy to hear that everything turned out OK.

In order to prevent this thread from veering too off topic at this point, it will be CLOSED.

• Like 1