Mariner Embarkation Lunch Menu

Cruisetrekker

As requested, the link also includes all of the Beverage, Specialty Restaurant, and Room Service menus in PDF format to take with you:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

As I reported in my live thread, this info is no longer accurate. The menu has changed a tad, and for the better. Post #68 on my live thread. I will be adding the menu to HALfacts.com once I have things sorted out and will try to copy and paste the details here with the laptop. The Ipad is not co-operating.

OP,

here is the luncheon that we had from my live thread.....

The Mariners lunch menu has Changed. At least it seemed different to us. Here's what was offered:

Mediterranean Salumi & bay scallop cocktail as appetizers

Soup - farmers vegetable purée

Entrees were: angel hair pasta with sautéed vegetables, chicken & mango salad, grilled Reuben on rye, avocado & bacon burger, pan seared salmon n fillet, crispy country style buttermilk chicken and potato, and cauliflower curry.

I got the menu but forgot the dessert menu, sorry. Will scan it when I get home for HALfacts

The verdict? Very good. We all had the same appetizer - the Mediterranean Salumi

A good mix of choices .... Our table had the pasta, chicken & mango salad, the Reuben and the avocado and bacon burger. The verdict from everyone at the table? Very good! If this is a sign of the food on board, life should be very good.

There is a ton of information on halfacts.com (the link is in my signature) with menus, on locations, etc. as well as pics, all graciously contributed by cruise critic members. If the title doesn't work, the link is in my signature. Lots of info under General Information and tons of pics under the different ship classes.

Relatively new, but we are growing thanks to all the fabulous Cruise Critic members who are willing to share.

Edited by kazu

I have had the chicken a couple of times.

It is so-so.

I've never had it but someone did at my table. I couldn't believe how tiny it was. About the size of a chicken wing you'd get at a bar. Last time I had the rueben asking them to actually grill it but they didn't so it was not good. The salmon has always been the best bet for me.

Edited by cruz chic

OH MY ! Maybe I will order 2 ..:D.. or maybe 2 desserts !

You might want to. One of the posters on this board that does many longer cruises (WCB) as made comments on the portions always getting smaller. They are pretty small already. I guess the waiters will soon have to point the food out on the plate :D.

Seeing they have changed the Mariners Embarkation Lunch, did they also change the menu for Mariners Brunch held during the cruise?

Yes, we had two different luncheons on our collectors cruise. I posted them both on my live thread and will get them on HALfacts,

Will try to see if I can Find them on my live thread

Yes, we had two different luncheons on our collectors cruise. I posted them both on my live thread and will get them on HALfacts,

Will try to see if I can Find them on my live thread

Thank you.

I'm getting confused though. I've seen both Mariners events referred to as lunch/luncheon.

The menu you posted here is Mariners Embarkation Lunch, right?

So the other menus would be Mariners Brunch? The one held at the end of each cruise........

Edited by sail7seas

Thank you.

I'm getting confused though. I've seen both Mariners events referred to as lunch/luncheon.

The menu you posted here is Mariners Embarkation Lunch, right?

So the other menus would be Mariners Brunch? The one held at the end of each cruise........

yes. what I posted earlier was the embarkation lunch.

I thought you had asked about the brunch which to me, is them Mariner's event, not necessarily at the end of each cruise but at the very least mid point on the ones I have been on;)

the one where the medallions are given out pre-lunch.

I found the second one on my live thread, so this is copy and pasted and apologies is some doesn't apply. I will look for the other one.

It's also the Mariners reception and luncheon today again. Yes, we get two of them

The medallion ceremony is always fun when you see some of your roll call members get theirs.

I am surprised to see that the luncheon menu is different again. Nice to see it not repeated.

They called it the Mediterranean Mariner's Luncheon and here's what we were offered

Mediterranean style fish salad (shrimp and calamari) or chicken and white bean soup.

The main course was a choice of Morrocan style baked Poussin on couscous or grilled trout with proven ale vegetables or Farfalle with basil-lemon pesto

Dessert was the fresh strawberry Mille Feuille

And of course, there were the petit fours.

Captain Tim gave a very interesting talk including about being invited by countries to visit. The Prinsendam never repeats an itinerary in a year, one of the things that makes her special along with her ability to go to some ports where others can't or would put too much stress on the eco structure. And yes, I can confirm, the Prinsendam, still has the highest repeat passenger ratio in the fleet.

Oh, and a hint from Linda, if you are a fan of this ship, tell HAL on your surveys whatever, that you hope there will always be a ship the size and style of the Prinsendam

yes. what I posted earlier was the embarkation lunch.

I thought you had asked about the brunch which to me, is them Mariner's event, not necessarily at the end of each cruise but at the very least mid point on the ones I have been on;)

the one where the medallions are given out pre-lunch.

I found the second one on my live thread, so this is copy and pasted and apologies is some doesn't apply. I will look for the other one.

It's also the Mariners reception and luncheon today again. Yes, we get two of them

The medallion ceremony is always fun when you see some of your roll call members get theirs.

I am surprised to see that the luncheon menu is different again. Nice to see it not repeated.

They called it the Mediterranean Mariner's Luncheon and here's what we were offered

Mediterranean style fish salad (shrimp and calamari) or chicken and white bean soup.

The main course was a choice of Morrocan style baked Poussin on couscous or grilled trout with proven ale vegetables or Farfalle with basil-lemon pesto

Dessert was the fresh strawberry Mille Feuille

And of course, there were the petit fours.

Captain Tim gave a very interesting talk including about being invited by countries to visit. The Prinsendam never repeats an itinerary in a year, one of the things that makes her special along with her ability to go to some ports where others can't or would put too much stress on the eco structure. And yes, I can confirm, the Prinsendam, still has the highest repeat passenger ratio in the fleet.

Oh, and a hint from Linda, if you are a fan of this ship, tell HAL on your surveys whatever, that you hope there will always be a ship the size and style of the Prinsendam

I doubt if they will have that food for the mariner's brunch in the Caribbean.

Before we stopped going to the brunches, there weren't any petit fours at the end. We haven't seen them in years.

Before we stopped going to the brunches, there weren't any petit fours at the end. We haven't seen them in years.

possibly will be different. We did have the petit fours at both our luncheons on the Prinsendam, as we have on that ship the other two cruises :)

I don't much care if they have petite fours (too much sugar) but I hope they have the same menu choices otherwise. It is a better menu than we have seen on our most recent cruises.