Take a purse on cruise

Daydaes

Things that I normally carry in a purse go into my carry-on while we travel, organized and ziplock baggied.

I have a canvas camera bag that I bought for a larger camera. Now that we use a smaller digital camera there is room for a room card, a pen, tissues and other small incidentals. Have a Bagalini cross-body purse for onshore that is big enough to carry water and has a secure pocket for a small wallet. Room to spare for those little purchases onshore ;)

I have a small kipling purse for essentials like meds, eye drops, Chapstick, camera and iPhone which is also my kindle.

I could put everything but my camera in my pockets but the camera won't fit and I try to always have it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take a big handbag to hold all the "stuff" we need on our plane trip. Once onboard, it goes in a drawer. I have pockets in all my daytime cruisewear. I put my glasses, ship card and camera in my pockets. If my evening wear doesn't have a pocket, I will carry one of two evening bags I usually take with me. For onshore, what I carry really depends what we are doing.

Oh, I can be SO old school. I love my fanny pack and take it on every cruise. I never use it any other time, but it's definitely one of my cruise essentials. It looks like a small canvass purse, and the waist strap is easily converted into a shoulder strap, so it can serve me 3 ways. Fanny pack - Shoulder Bag - Cross Body Bag. For me, it's the perfect, functional, way to carry my necessities.

I love the fanny pack too. I do some sewing and make my own to go with the garment that I make. This is a pair of pants with a fanny/waist bag to match. I keep my room card and glasses in it while on board.

IMG_1907_zpsf2596ec9.jpg

Below is a long wrap around skirt and fanny bag.

IMG_1239_zpsb06c2be6.jpg

Edited by geocruiser

Ladies - the easiest place to carry your card key is in your bra! I do it all the time onboard instead of carrying a purse or wristlet. When I go swimming I put my cardkey in the waistband of my bathing suit bottom. It works great. If you are in need of a wristlet - check out Vera Bradley. They have all shapes, sizes, patterns and colors!

Ladies - the easiest place to carry your card key is in your bra! I do it all the time onboard instead of carrying a purse or wristlet. When I go swimming I put my cardkey in the waistband of my bathing suit bottom. It works great. If you are in need of a wristlet - check out Vera Bradley. They have all shapes, sizes, patterns and colors!

Nope, not for me...the thought of putting a magnetic strip that close to my heart is not something I want to do. I have no scientific proof, just doesn't sound like a good idea to me and I wear a lanyard all the time at work, with a pully on it so no bending to use it. I make my own lanyards so they can match anything I want.

Do people really still use those things? :D :D

I thought they werein days gone by. :)

LOL, this cracked me up. I'm leaving for Disney World this weekend and jsut purchased the cutest fanny pack!! (Not your mother's fanny pack LOL) They are making such darling ones now!!

Anyway, more on topic, on cruises I carry a bag called:

Kipling Alvar (x-small size)

Check it out on Amazon. Comes in all colors - it's SO perfect for onboard and even works for shore excursions because there is just enough room in the back pocket for your passport and sunglasses.

I love the fanny pack too. I do some sewing and make my own to go with the garment that I make. This is a pair of pants with a fanny/waist bag to match. I keep my room card and glasses in it while on board.

IMG_1907_zpsf2596ec9.jpg

Below is a long wrap around skirt and fanny bag.

IMG_1239_zpsb06c2be6.jpg

What a clever idea. You could start up your own business, I'm sure you'd have lots of eager customers:)

Love the pants matching fanny packs. They remind me of some of the design lines of late teens wear. (1917-19)

I made myself a travel vest with tons of hidden pockets. Some even places one would not expect. I can carry just about everything that I would put in a purse: sun glasses, readers, small camera, cell phone, pen, passport, money, key.... It is not readily apparent there are pockets other than hand warming pockets.

The bonus is that if I take my DSLR I can wear it cross body and cover the strap for more security. There is even enough space to zip the camera safely inside (but I do look a little pregnant then :0 )

The pants are a Vogue Pattern, skirt form one of the major pattern co. And the bag from a small pattern company.

TiogaCruiser,

The vest sounds great. Lots of pockets.

GmaPajama,

The pants are easy. The bag I could not understand the pattern, so I did it my way.

chrispb,

I have had people ask to buy the bags. They lay flat against you.

I carry on board a large handbag & it goes into the closet for the duration of the cruise.. On board & in many ports I use a small black knitted bag for: a copy of my Passport, glasses, tissues, lipstick, sunscreen & cash...When I'm in port, I tend to put my purse inside a HAL tote so as not to draw attention to it..

My Key card is punched at the front desk & I keep it on a retractable Badge reel which I got from Boojee Beads years ago.. I attach the badge reel inside my purse or on a pocket..

They have such cute badge reels...I purchased enough for all the ladies, including granddaughters in the family as stocking gifts... These are the more ornate ones:

http://www.boojeebeads.com/badge-reels/badge-reel-jewels/[

The less expensive badge reels are on these three pages:

http://www.boojeebeads.com/badge-reels/fashion-badge-reels//SIZE]

Edited by serendipity1499

Same here! Occasionally I will take a cross body purse while in port if we want to carry our camera, maps, etc.

I travel with my purse, but never carry it once on the ship. DH always carries my lipstick in the evenings and ID, etc. onshore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimicaj