Christening of Regal

lorenzod

You have to be invited. I would have liked to attend also. The Love Boat cast along with other stars will be there for the christening. We will be aboard on Nov 6 to explore.

We will be sailing on her on Nov. 30. How do you get invited?

Marsha:confused:

The Love Boat cast along with other stars will be there for the christening.

This choice puzzles me. If 'you' remember the love boat

in prime time, you are probably 60+

Princess already has these customers.

I thought marketing was about attracting new customers.

Not quite 60 however the Captain has been Princesses spoke person. The Love Boat was 2 of the princess, s ships so it makes sense for the 50th anniversary to have them there.

My dear friend who also lives in Florida has been invited by Princess. She is not only a top travel agent but also a frequent cruiser who many of the staff call her a hero for extremely kind things she has done for the staff. She also gets to sleep on the Regal for 2 nights as well, all courtesy of Princess. Yes she is excited. :)

We sure are LOL :D !!! The Love Boat TV show is what got us interested in cruising. Will be on the November 6th sailing of the Regal Princess & hope to see some of the cast from that original show onboard !!

We sure are LOL :D !!! The Love Boat TV show is what got us interested in cruising. Will be on the November 6th sailing of the Regal Princess & hope to see some of the cast from that original show onboard !!

Right on! Peace and all that stuff. ..i think we are showing our age Sophia...I'll c u Wed at hotel or Thurs on board. ..lol. out shopping and haven't bought a thing...

Right on! Peace and all that stuff. ..i think we are showing our age Sophia...I'll c u Wed at hotel or Thurs on board. ..lol. out shopping and haven't bought a thing...

Yes, we will have a great time & be sure to a have camera at all times since you never know which cast member we will see passing by onboard for a photo op :D !

You think they will have ant type of photo ops on board. They seen to be keeping their presence very low key.

Difficult to say. I am sure they won't stay in their cabins all the time so they would be out & about with everyone else. Was hoping if we passed by one of them they would allow a picture with them. But guess that would get tiresome for them since everyone would want a pic with them. Time will tell...........

Is there any announcement that they will be on that cruise?

This choice puzzles me. If 'you' remember the love boat in prime time, you are probably 60+

It IS about attracting new customers. Princess only has some of these (60+) customers.

The largest majority of the 60+ customers haven't tried cruising at all yet many are retired or will be retiring soon and could be NEW Princess customers.

The next largest group of 60+'s HAVE tried cruising but mainly are cruising on HAL, RCI, Celebrity, Carnival & Norwegian (someone OTHER than Princess) so they too could be NEW Princess customers.

The next largest group (smallest group actually) of 60+'s and the only remaining group of 60+'s who aren't covered above are the ones that "Princess already has".

So, as you can see it most certainly is ALL about attracting new customers to Princess and a HUGE number of available candidates are 60+.

Terry

Is there any announcement that they will be on that cruise?

Jan Swartz had a live chat here on CC a few days ago & confirmed they will be onboard:

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Princess_President_Jan_Swartz_Talks_Regal_Princess

I know the love boat cast will be in Fort Lauderdale for the christening, however I was wondering if any of the love boat cast will be sailing with us on November 6?

by gremlinbangles October 29 at 1:52 PM

Jan Swartz

The Love Boat cast will be joining our Regal Princess voyage on November 6th. We'll be hosting a special Q&A in the Princess Theatre, and Gavin MacLeod will be signing his autobiography.

October 29 at 1:53 PM

It IS about attracting new customers. Princess only has some of these (60+) customers.

The largest majority of the 60+ customers haven't tried cruising at all yet many are retired or will be retiring soon and could be NEW Princess customers.

The next largest group of 60+'s HAVE tried cruising but mainly are cruising on HAL, RCI, Celebrity, Carnival & Norwegian (someone OTHER than Princess) so they too could be NEW Princess customers.

The next largest group (smallest group actually) of 60+'s and the only remaining group of 60+'s who aren't covered above are the ones that "Princess already has".

So, as you can see it most certainly is ALL about attracting new customers to Princess and a HUGE number of available candidates are 60+.

Terry

Thanks for posting this response. I feel the same way. You said exactly what I was thinking. Pablo222 in Elvis' immortal words "Don't be cruel".

I finally also got the answer to my question about whether the christening event was going to be televised. Wish I could be invited to attend, just don't know how. Pat Perry has sailed with me before and am hoping she can get us on.

Jan Swartz

Video of the christening will be broadcast after the event on princess.com and our official Princess Cruise YouTube page.

Marsha:D

Edited by lorenzod

Difficult to say. I am sure they won't stay in their cabins all the time so they would be out & about with everyone else. Was hoping if we passed by one of them they would allow a picture with them. But guess that would get tiresome for them since everyone would want a pic with them. Time will tell...........

Maybe we can invite them to meet and greet somehow..

Maybe we can invite them to meet and greet somehow..

That would be great if they would be at the Meet & Greet. Probably would have to ask maybe Captain Circle representative to see if they could schedule it. I know we need to buy more FFC while onboard :).

That would be great if they would be at the Meet & Greet. Probably would have to ask maybe Captain Circle representative to see if they could schedule it. I know we need to buy more FFC while onboard :).

Why don't you make personal invitations to each actor and deliver them to the front desk. Maybe they will come on their own without Princess help.

Marsha:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this response. I feel the same way. You said exactly what I was thinking. Pablo222 in Elvis' immortal words "Don't be cruel".

I'm not being cruel. If 'someone' enjoyed 'THE LOVE BOAT', great.

But, marketing is about attracting new customers, not the ones

you already have.

The actual onboard product is what keeps customers.