Minor Birth Certificate Question

spamfam

We (myself, wife, adult son, and minor daughter) are taking our first cruise on Feb.2015 (closed loop port canaveral to bahamas Disney). We are opting not to get the passports and go with birth certificates and id. (I am aware of all the arguments). I noticed on my daughters (minor 14) birth certificate that my (father) first name is listed as "Steve". My full name is "Stephen", which is how it is listed on all of my documents and my marriage license. Does anyone think this will cause an issue? My wife's full name is correct and my middle and our last name is also correct. Has anyone else run into this situation? Should I order a new birth certificate for my daughter with my full first name?

Thank you in advance.:cool:

Shouldn't be an issue...they are looking at birthdates...they aren't comparing names to all family members.

My MIL went through life with the wrong middle name on her BC......never caused a problem.

Edited by cb at sea

Shouldn't be an issue...they are looking at birthdates...they aren't comparing names to all family members.

My MIL went through life with the wrong middle name on her BC......never caused a problem.

Agreed. I also doubt that it would be noticed.

We (myself, wife, adult son, and minor daughter) are taking our first cruise on Feb.2015 (closed loop port canaveral to bahamas Disney). We are opting not to get the passports and go with birth certificates and id. (I am aware of all the arguments). I noticed on my daughters (minor 14) birth certificate that my (father) first name is listed as "Steve". My full name is "Stephen", which is how it is listed on all of my documents and my marriage license. Does anyone think this will cause an issue? My wife's full name is correct and my middle and our last name is also correct. Has anyone else run into this situation? Should I order a new birth certificate for my daughter with my full first name?

Thank you in advance.:cool:

You shouldn't have a problem if your are the biological father and mother. They will compare your birth certificate to hers. Don't over pack, you will not wear half of what you pack!!!! Enjoy