Breakaway Aft Balcony Question

TheManitoban

Apologies in advance if this has been detailed in other threads.

Just came back (September) from my first ever cruise. We were on the Dawn and had an obstructed view cabin (great cabin and good view). Had a fantastic time with my family and meeting great people on board!

My buddy is now very much wanting to take a cruise and Im looking at our options. Im considering booking soon to take advantage of current offer.

Im looking at September 6th 2015, Breakaway.

My question is about the aft cabins as the more info I read, the more my brain short-circuits.

Am I correct that deck 9 is the best deck for the aft balconies? Are they all the same (with the exception of the larger disabled cabin)?

Better to be closer to the water rather than higher up? Any other considerations? (Noise from deck below)?

Looks like all of the deck 9 cabins are available.

Thanks in advance!

Apologies in advance if this has been detailed in other threads.

Just came back (September) from my first ever cruise. We were on the Dawn and had an obstructed view cabin (great cabin and good view). Had a fantastic time with my family and meeting great people on board!

My buddy is now very much wanting to take a cruise and Im looking at our options. Im considering booking soon to take advantage of current offer.

Im looking at September 6th 2015, Breakaway.

My question is about the aft cabins as the more info I read, the more my brain short-circuits.

Am I correct that deck 9 is the best deck for the aft balconies? Are they all the same (with the exception of the larger disabled cabin)?

Better to be closer to the water rather than higher up? Any other considerations? (Noise from deck below)?

Looks like all of the deck 9 cabins are available.

Thanks in advance!

We booked deck 10 as decks 9/10/12 have the largest balconies.

Secondly you have four decks of cabins above you so your away from noise H20.

. . .Am I correct that deck 9 is the best deck for the aft balconies? Are they all the same (with the exception of the larger disabled cabin)? . . .

There is a slight, albeit noticeable, difference in the width of the aft balconies (of course excepting the center accessible one) due to the placement of the dividers.

I very recently changed my upcoming Getaway sailing to snag an available Deck 9 aft balcony. It is not one of those that is a tad larger, but I don't care in the least . . . it's definitely big enough. :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

There is a slight, albeit noticeable, difference in the width of the aft balconies (of course excepting the center accessible one) due to the placement of the dividers.

I very recently changed my upcoming Getaway sailing to snag an available Deck 9 aft balcony. It is not one of those that is a tad larger, but I don't care in the least . . . it's definitely big enough. :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

I doubt it would make a difference to me but which ones are larger?

Are the views from the higher decks' aft balconies less enjoyable as it seems you'd be staring down at people rather than down at the water...?

I doubt it would make a difference to me but which ones are larger?

Are the views from the higher decks' aft balconies less enjoyable as it seems you'd be staring down at people rather than down at the water...?

Absolutely not! You'll be surprised at the amt that don't use balcony. In any event if your in port with other ships we like looking at their decks etc.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Can't wait to hear ALL about it!! :D

Deck 14 will have party noise from Spice H2O at night. Unless you will be at those parties then that's fine.

We were port side, deck 10, towards the aft and we heard the music easily when on our balcony late at night (Glow Party).

Have a great cruise!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thanks! So is their a general consensus on whats better, deck 9 after balcony or deck 14 aft balcony?
Here's the link to a spreadsheet which I found in several other threads which outlines the Breakaway balcony's by size!:) Good luck and enjoy!;) I'd probably stay away from 14 due to H2O!;) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Congratulations. You will love it. i was on the BA this past August- beautiful ship and Wonderful time

seems like you can't go wrong-

there have been a few posts regarding your cabin 9918 - go to the "search this forum " and type in 9918 and you will see all the various posts including this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923253&highlight=9918

Now the wait begins!:D

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked in 12308 aft on the same sailing. First time on Breakaway and looking forward to it!

Got the same room in March; I'll let ya know!;)
Just moved cabin from 12 to 9!:cool: Is bigger, better? Is bigger, bigger?:confused: Will let ya know!;):rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
Booked this!

September 6 2015.

Aft Balcony 9918.

Cant wait!

Just got back from the Breakaway and stayed in 9918!:D I couldn't find a video online so I took one and posted it below!;) Enjoy!!:cool:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for that awesome video!! We are booked in 9920 for a June sailing!! It was just a fluke that it was available (the only B1 available when I booked)....after doing my research, we discovered that deck 9 has the largest balconies (outside of the HC cabins)...

This is going to be fantastic since we are not 'hang out by the pool' people....we prefer quiet lounging on our own balcony...and absolutely love the aft view cabins...

**side note: Best aft balcony cabin EVER is a Vista Suite on the Carnival Pride...I highly recommend snagging one of those if you ever get the chance....we will be in one (again) in September...**

Thanks for that awesome video!! We are booked in 9920 for a June sailing!! It was just a fluke that it was available (the only B1 available when I booked)....after doing my research, we discovered that deck 9 has the largest balconies (outside of the HC cabins)...

This is going to be fantastic since we are not 'hang out by the pool' people....we prefer quiet lounging on our own balcony...and absolutely love the aft view cabins...

Couple photos for you of 9920 balcony Getaway

33d8e2ca-afb5-41d8-8b5b-6480e6d6d86a_zpskfqrlp0o.jpg

aba1b796-92ab-4288-a4f7-45d76232de66_zpscdae3342.jpg