Regal Aft Pool

JRT5000

Judging from these comments...at 45 years of age...it looks like I'm much too young for this cruise line...

Not at all! Just got off the ship with a great mix of ages. Club 6 jammed every night as did the Wine bar, Crooners and Wheelhouse.

There were not many families, but all adult age groups, from 20's on, were well represented. DH and I are in our early 50's....had a blast!

Judging from these comments...at 45 years of age...it looks like I'm much too young for this cruise line...

Most comments have been complaining about all the children which means families are on board.

Not sure what age group you are looking for that does not include children.

If the Royal and Regal had a nice, isolated Lotus pool I would be very happy to visit it.

The Retreat Pool on those ships is not the same. Not as many shaded lounges, expensive cabanas ruining the view, and not as quiet an area.

So, the cabanas are ruining the view... of the pool? :confused:

Princess has the oldest clientele of all the ship lines. Even older than HAL if you can believe that. ;)

They could have placed a row of chairs in front of the cabanas so that everyone could see the pool. :mad: The next step is allotting that pool for cabana use only. :rolleyes:

If the Royal and Regal had a nice, isolated Lotus pool I would be very happy to visit it.

The Retreat Pool on those ships is not the same. Not as many shaded lounges, expensive cabanas ruining the view, and not as quiet an area.

The cabanas didn't ruin my view of the pool. I was "in" the pool! I had a lounger with a view of the ocean, not a bunch of bodies sitting on the side of the pool.

There are more people at the Retreat pool than the Lotus spa pool on the Crown class ships. The Lotus pools are the most underutilized pools on the ships. Perhaps that is why they dropped the one pool.

No. Not a joke. The kids should be herded together in one pool to make all the noise they want and the aft pool is big enough for a few hundred of them.

The aft pool on Regal is large enough for a few hundred childred as well as the parents that would have to hang out there supervising them? Is there an Incredible Shrinking Machine on Regal that zaps people down to the size of ants? Is Wayne Szalinski the Cruise Director?

500full.jpg

No. Not a joke. The kids should be herded together in one pool to make all the noise they want and the aft pool is big enough for a few hundred of them.

There is no way that the Aft Regal pool could handle more than ten urchins.

The aft pool on Regal is large enough for a few hundred childred as well as the parents that would have to hang out there supervising them? Is there an Incredible Shrinking Machine on Regal that zaps people down to the size of ants? Is Wayne Szalinski the Cruise Director?

500full.jpg

Yes -- Princess has a sequel to the movie "Honey - I shrunk the kids";)

They could have placed a row of chairs in front of the cabanas so that everyone could see the pool. :mad: The next step is allotting that pool for cabana use only. :rolleyes:

The problem with a generalized statement like this is, unless you're in that very front row of loungers, and they are all lying completely flat, the chances are much greater that you'll still be looking at the backside of the lounger in front of you, or worse yet, another planter with fake tall grass popping out from the top of it. The pool is also recessed down below the elevated sitting bench that encircles it, so, those people who are dipping their feet in the water, and that bench itself, will also be in your way of viewing the actual interior of the pool. Barring, that is, you got there at 6am and put a towel on a 'saved' lounger poolside like any good pool chair hog would do. It's pretty much a no-win situation, unless the cabanas were moved to the outer perimeter of The Retreat. Then we'd still have lots of people in rows upon rows of loungers complaining they still couldn't see the pool! ;)

:D

The problem with a generalized statement like this is, unless you're in that very front row of loungers, and they are all lying completely flat, the chances are much greater that you'll still be looking at the backside of the lounger in front of you, or worse yet, another planter with fake tall grass popping out from the top of it. The pool is also recessed down below the elevated sitting bench that encircles it, so, those people who are dipping their feet in the water, and that bench itself, will also be in your way of viewing the actual interior of the pool. Barring, that is, you got there at 6am and put a towel on a 'saved' lounger poolside like any good pool chair hog would do. It's pretty much a no-win situation, unless the cabanas were moved to the outer perimeter of The Retreat. Then we'd still have lots of people in rows upon rows of loungers complaining they still couldn't see the pool! ;)

:D

I agree that no matter how it's set up they'll always be something in the way to some degree but at least if there were some lounge chairs lining the pool people wouldn't be stuck behind the wall of tents they have right next to the waters edge. :(