which is better day pass Sheraton or Hilton

gay head

We are going to be in Nassau in January on the Breeze and want to do a day at the beach.I have read that the Sheraton has a better beach than the Hilton.Is this true? We just want teo chairs at a nice beach, nothing included like drinks or lunchWe are two adults mid forties would like to go to Paradise island but not to Atlantis.Is there anything there that is less expensive than Atlantis?

We liked Sheraton (now Melia) better than the Hilton. More to do, bigger pools and beach, and cheaper (when we went to the Hilton 7 years ago, it was $15 pp and there was no food/beverage voucher - now you have to get the voucher, so it's much more expensive).

These are very different vibes.

Melia is a true resort feel with lots of things to do and all kinds of people. It's great for those who have to be doing something and be active.

Hilton is a laid back, very serene environment. NOT A RESORT atmosphere. The pools is small and relaxing. There's palapas, hammocks and cabanas all around the property for chilling out.

Noisy kids are not tolerated. And you won't find an entertainment crew anywhere.

We personally Love this property when it's just the two of us. With kids, we head to melia or grab a snorkeling or private island tour.

IMHO the Melia (Sheraton) day pass is the best overall option. Drinks are not included like the Hilton but the resort amenities are much better! With the Melia you get access to "Cable Beach" which is probably the top beach in nassau! I posted a video so you can get an inside peak.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Drinks aren't included at the Hilton. You use your voucher to purchase them.

I was at the Melia quite a while ago when it was the Sheraton. It was wonderful. I'll be in Nassau next week and had originally planned on heading there again. However, I've heard there is a new resort next to Melia under construction and Melia is under renovation as well. So, this time I chose the Hilton. Has anyone been to Melia recently with all of the construction? Is it bothersome?

What is the snorkeling like at the Hilton beach? Much to see? Was planning on Melia for our Jan 4 stop in Nassau, but the construction there is making me re-think it.

Not much to see at the Hilton. It's in the harbour, which was dredge a few years back. So there are no reefs or coral heads.

Jan can be chilly for snorkeling. Watch your weather trends leading up to your trip.

• 2 weeks later...
Visited when it was the Sheraton and remember a large blow up slide on the beach next to Sheraton, now Melia. Does anyone know if the slide is still there?

Not recently, but they are doing heavy renovations on the property now, so we don't know what will happen in the spring.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Melia last month and they are doing a lot of work there. I have no idea when completion is expected. You can still use all the pools/hot tubs on the property but just be aware there is a HUGE wall around the entire beachfront area. If you plan to go to the beach/ocean area, you will have to walk all the way to one side in order to get out to the beach. There's only 1 way out and 1 way in from 1 side only.

I have a complete review of the place with hundreds of pictures of the way it is right now if you are interested.

You can find it located HERE and starts around post #151