GAPearl Goes Solo on the Splendor! 11/1/14 SJU-MIA Repo Cruise Review.

gapearl

Bigmama9224: I agree with you...seems like we know GaPearl (Kim), and like you, I've been waiting on this review. I'm also still reading the Jamman's review as well. At home, all I need is a glass of wine, and the review, and I'm good!

I feel the same way about all the other people on here whose reviews I read. I feel like I know them!

I am enjoying your review. I saw similar underwater statues while snorkeling at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. There is one that resembles Jesus with praying hands. The sun light hit the underwater statue in a majestic way. It definately startled me. :)

I remember hearing about those but when I was there it was too cold to snorkel so I never got to see them. Maybe on a future visit to Cozumel I'll have my chance. I did a Google search on underwater Jesus statues, and apparently there are a bunch of them.

Our waiters serenaded us with That's Amore. After dinner I went to the promenade to take some pictures at all the different backgrounds but I only got to one. They were tearing their equipment down earlier than I've seen on any other cruise. Since my photo shoot ended rather quickly I went to the Punchliner Comedy Club and caught the second half of the 10:45 pm show of Donnell Grey. Monicia joined me for the 11:45 pm show of Jim McCue. He was funny and gave a good show but didn't really tell any jokes, just interacted with the audience and picked on everyone. We were in the front row and were first to get picked on but it was all in good fun.

Lol! I was in the comedy club when he picked on you and Monica. Your right He was funny but he didn't really tell any jokes.

Chelli

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

Did you get picked on too? He seemed to reach a lot of people.

Kim this is Chelli from the group. No we never got to meet. I saw you a couple of.times on the ship but didn't get an chance to meet you.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

That's too bad. It would have been nice to put a name with a face. Next time just yell my name. I promise you won't embarrass me. lol

Thank you for including such vibrant pictures! I am sure his questions were very irritating to you, yet that may be typical for Martinique's traditionally Catholic society. You handled it very well - just twirl on:D

Nope, he was just a nosy, tactless American. lol

Que c'est beau!

Oui!

I can check..but I don't want to hijak Ms. Pearl's thread. I'l post on the Cozumel port board instead. :p

No worries. I'd like to see it too.

Sorry, I left the board and saw your post too late. :o

Just as a heads up I've asked a moderator to remove it. Some things I'm very private about and prefer to keep to myself and off of here for many reasons.

I've been reading your report since you started, actually I've read and throughly enjoyed all your reviews! You have such an amazing personality, you get along with everyone! I love how you immerse yourself in the culture of where ever you are, you're an inspiration!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! And I thought we had an adventure in Dominica! What an amazing experience and how cool that you had both guides to give you all their attention and care!

I love the look of Cocoa Cottage. Maybe a stay there, some day...

We stopped at that same roadside stand. You're right! The view was a-maze-ing!

Geri

Edited by GreytRacer

I am seriously not going to be able to focus at work now. GAPearl and a Jamman review?!!! Yus please! Love being able to see both sides of the repo of the splendor.

Hmmm someday a repo for me and a b2b.... Someday! And maybe even go solo one time...hmmmm!!!

Eyes are always bigger than my budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What an awesome day - it looked incredible! Totally agree with you about Berani too - he IS such a cutie-pie! This excursion is on my want to do list now. Loving your review, thank you so much for sharing your vacations with all of us!

Wow, Kim - What an amazing adventure. Your pictures of Dominica are great. It won't be one of our ports next year on Breeze Southern, but I'm thinking we'd like to visit - although DH and I are in no shape to do an extreme excursion.:o

It was an adventure indeed. You would love Dominica. Oh and you're going to love the Breeze! That's my favorite ship so far.

You are certainly a brave and bold woman! I admire you for your love of life and willingness to push yourself to things most of us (like me) wouldn't have the nerve to do. You rock!

Thanks so much for the kind words. :)

I've been reading your report since you started, actually I've read and throughly enjoyed all your reviews! You have such an amazing personality, you get along with everyone! I love how you immerse yourself in the culture of where ever you are, you're an inspiration!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awww, thank you! I never meet a stranger. I certainly hope I encourage people to get out of their comfort zones to try something new and visit some place different.

Wow! And I thought we had an adventure in Dominica! What an amazing experience and how cool that you had both guides to give you all their attention and care!

I love the look of Cocoa Cottage. Maybe a stay there, some day...

We stopped at that same roadside stand. You're right! The view was a-maze-ing!

Geri

If I ever make it back to Dominica for a land trip that's where I'll definitely stay. Dominica is a beautiful place. It's too bad it was dropped as a regular port stop. What did you guys do there?

I have been on here for a while and read all your reviews!!! They are great! I am so jealous you got to take this cruise. I wanted to but work and life wouldn't allow. But at least I get to live through you lol. Keep it coming!!

I love your username. :D It would have been nice to have you onboard with us. There were a lot of lively people on this sailing. I'm glad you're enjoying all my pictures.

I am seriously not going to be able to focus at work now. GAPearl and a Jamman review?!!! Yus please! Love being able to see both sides of the repo of the splendor.

Hmmm someday a repo for me and a b2b.... Someday! And maybe even go solo one time...hmmmm!!!

Eyes are always bigger than my budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, you're not gonna get any work done! I think it's great that both of the repo cruises are being covered. There are a couple of other reviews from my cruise floating around. I almost turned this one into a B2B but decided nahhhhh, not this time. Definitely pull the trigger on a solo cruise! :D

WOW!!! I know you told us at dinner about your excursion in Dominica but seeing the pictures was awesome. Keeping that as a possible idea if I get a chance to return to Dominica.

Yessssss girl go back and do it!

What an awesome day - it looked incredible! Totally agree with you about Berani too - he IS such a cutie-pie! This excursion is on my want to do list now. Loving your review, thank you so much for sharing your vacations with all of us!

I hope you get to Dominica so you can have the same incredible experience that I did. Thanks for reading and following along!

WOW. Great pictures. Thanks for posting. That was some climbing you did. It was beautiful.

Thanks Mary! It truly was a beautiful place.

Yes girl, 'dem shoes!!! Love the dress as well, but those SHOES are beautiful!!!

You should see the shoes in my closet! DSW is one of my favorite stores. :D

hi Kim - That was a kick @ss excursion you did in Dominica. Will definitely keep that in mind - after visiting on this cruise we would love to do a land vacay.

We ended up signing up with the Wacky Rollers 4-wheel drive trip thru Carnival and that was surprisingly a lot more fun than we thought. The last stop was the Titou Gourge where we got to swim and it looked similar to this when we looked up. Water was freezing/refreshing. Guess that's where they filmed some of Pirates of the Caribbean.

6279a1b2-1a66-4729-b469-02df744f79dd_zps6db3aa34.jpg

Deb

I absolutely love Dominica. First visit was in 2009 on my Victory (RT from San Juan) cruise. It's why I did the Conquest repo last year and Splendor this year. Went on Levi Baron's excursions twice to Titou Gorge but this year, we went to the Kalinago Village (great excursion, too).

It really makes me sad that Carnival dropped Dominica from their regular itineraries. It truly is the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Loving your review, I have been anxiously awaiting like everybody else. :D Thank you for posting the pics of the waterfall repelling, I have been looking at a land vacation in Costa Rica for 2016 that has a lot of hiking, yoga and waterfall repelling and that just helped me decide that I should do it. That looked amazing!!! First to get in shape and throw in a cruise or two for good measure.

Trixie :D