Can't wait!!!!

So, I'm currently 23 days away from my first trip on the Oasis of the Seas (which we have been waiting 345 days for!) and I don't know how to contain my excitement!

I have been on the Independence twice but I know nothing can compare to Lady O!

I have read almost every review on this website and have watched too many youtube videos (more than once). What are some fun things you all do to count down the days until it's time to leave?

Edited by Chicago Cruise Lover 312

For me, anticipation is as exciting as the cruise itself. Join your roll call and share your excitement with those who will be on board with you. Make your check lists so that you don't forget anything while in this excited state :).

Enjoy your cruise.

So, I'm currently 23 days away from my first trip on the Oasis of the Seas (which we have been waiting 345 days for!) and I don't know how to contain my excitement!

I have been on the Independence twice but I know nothing can compare to Lady O!

I have read almost every review on this website and have watched too many youtube videos (more than once). What are some fun things you all do to count down the days until it's time to leave?

Nice! I know, those last couple of weeks can drag by, can't they?

To help pass the time before we cruise, I will usually start to put together a music playlist for the trip down, and for the cruise itself. The Oasis-class ships have an iPod dock in the cabins, and we usually fill the playlist with Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, some reggae, etc.

From what I've read, the new aft Grand Suites on decks 11, 12 & 14 will have been completed by the time you sail. We've got two upcoming trips on the Oasis, and one of those will be in one of those new suites. Can't wait.

Have a great time!

I don't have any great advice but I just had to reply as we are currently 17 days out from our first time on Independence and I feel your pain, the waiting is torture! Cruise Critic has become my best friend and I am WAY too familiar with YouTube :).

Hope your wait goes by super fast and have a great cruise!!!

Looks like we are sailing with you. I must admit I have my cruise wardrobe all piled up and ready to go but every time I plan to pack the fur babies go crazy. I need to get started because I'm sure I'll have to remove half in order to make the under 50 pound weight limit for the airlines, haha! I'm still trying to decide which shoes will make the cut or if I want to haul my snorkel gear or just rent it on the islands.

I definitely have started my cruise "piles" as I have no need for my cruise clothes here in Chicago.

We leAve in 22 days on Allure. This is our 1st Rccl cruise and we are so excited.

Also Live outside of Chicago in Plainfield. And with this crazy weather were having now we broke out the heavy jackets and gloves. Summer clothing is still around and I may start putting it in suit cases this weekend.

When do you fly out ? Were out of O'hare on Saturday the 6th cruise is on 7th.

My only issue is what the Heck do we do with heavy jackets when we leave O'hare. Are there lockers to rent. So we don't lug them to Fla?

-Debbi

Sent from my LG-3G using Forums mobile app

Edited by Daliaha

We leAve in 22 days on Allure. This is our 1st Rccl cruise and we are so excited.

Also Live outside of Chicago in Plainfield. And with this crazy weather were having now we broke out the heavy jackets and gloves. Summer clothing is still around and I may start putting it in suit cases this weekend.

My only issue is what the Heck do we do with heavy jackets when we leave O'hare. Are there lockers to rent. So we don't lug them to Fla?

-Debbi

We leave on Friday the 5th, CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! We usually just bring the lightest jacket we can the day we leave, since its usually a quick train or cab to the airport we aren't exposed to the cold for very long. That way we can just shove the light jacket into our suitcase and it doesn't take up that much space.

-Debbi

Maybe you should bring it with you -- there could be a sudden cold front come through the Caribbean while you are there.....it could dip to below 70 -- or be very windy on deck at night. Just kidding.

On the serious side, I am sure as a Chicago traveler, you know how to wear layers....ENJOY your cruise!!!!

Maybe you should bring it with you -- there could be a sudden cold front come through the Caribbean while you are there.....it could dip to below 70 -- or be very windy on deck at night. Just kidding.

On the serious side, I am sure as a Chicago traveler, you know how to wear layers....ENJOY your cruise!!!!

Haha. Yes i know layers. Tho I'm a transplant from Florida. Born and raised. And before you ask. Why did you move. Was for hubbys job.

Tho this morning with wind chill standing at bus stop .... Ok who am I kidding. ... I drove the 150ft to the corner lol. The temp with wind chill was NEG 13.

Gonna do light jacket and sweatshirt.

And *gasp* if y'all get a cold front in Fla it Caribbean. I'm still swimming. Since The lake By our house is frozen. Lol

:)

Debbi

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Daliaha

As everyone is complaining about the snow in November like they've never lived in Chicago before, just look them in the eyes and say, "oh, did I mention I'm going on a cruise in 22 days?";)

I'm a pet sitter in Cary, IL. While I was walking dogs this morning in 8 degree temps, it warmed me just a little on the inside when I thought about the cruise I'll be taking in mid-January. :)

I'm a pet sitter in Cary, IL. While I was walking dogs this morning in 8 degree temps, it warmed me just a little on the inside when I thought about the cruise I'll be taking in mid-January. :)

It warmed me also this morning too. Thinking 16 days. 16 days. 16 days. As I watched the snow flurries in Naperville. Lol

Debbi

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app