Parking at Bayonne?

Carib210

We are sailing on the Quantum Nov. 23rd and this will be our first time sailing out of Bayonne. Is there enough parking or do we need to get there real early for a spot? Also, how does the system work there? Is there a drop off area, shuttle buses, walk to ship, etc. ? Any info would really be a help. Thank you.

We are sailing on the Quantum Nov. 23rd and this will be our first time sailing out of Bayonne. Is there enough parking or do we need to get there real early for a spot? Also, how does the system work there? Is there a drop off area, shuttle buses, walk to ship, etc. ? Any info would really be a help. Thank you.

There is a drop off area where you unload your luggage and then drive around to park. I have only been there for the Explorer, but there was ample parking and a very short walk to the "terminal". You board a shuttle to the ship, very short distance, but you are not allowed to walk to the ship. Maybe the Quantum procedures will be different. A very easy experience though from my experience.

The new terminal is now complete, including newly paved roadways near the terminal and a new drop-off area. The parking lot is still the same as before, an open air lot a short walk to the terminal. There always has been ample parking although now the Quantum does carry more passengers than the Explorer, so I don't know if it will be the same. In the coming months they will be building a enclosed parking garage.

The new terminal eliminates the need for the old shuttle buses as there are now direct boarding bridges from the terminal to the ship.

Thanks for the info. Sounds a bit like Baltimore, drop luggage, park car and walk to terminal. So easy. Hated the thought of dragging luggage on a shuttle bus like in airport parking. Thanks so much.

Not that it matters anymore but you never had to drag your luggage on the shuttle bus. You dropped your luggage off, checked in and then took the bus to the ship.

I wonder how long it will remain $19 a day. I sense an increase as soon as the first car pulls into the garage.;)

[emoji33] You're probably right. I'm not the biggest fan of even the current pricing, but there aren't many good alternatives. [emoji21]

Guest maddycat
I wonder how long it will remain $19 a day. I sense an increase as soon as the first car pulls into the garage.;)

I hope that you're wrong. $19 a day is more that enough.

I hope that you're wrong. $19 a day is more that enough.

Sad but I consider $19 a day a BARGAIN, I cruise form Manhattan also, $35 a day and horrible procedure for drop off etc. I love Bayonne, old system anyway ( last use Oct just before new terminal )

The New terminal, someone asked, facing old terminal from parking lot it is to right of it. Actually in the area that was few years back one of the long term lots on terminal side of the rode.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm

George in NY

875268723_2014ExplorerSeas30thweddingCruise9Day-004.jpg.5a5aa5b157488fb71e6258c0596026ae.jpg

Sad but I consider $19 a day a BARGAIN, I cruise form Manhattan also, $35 a day

$35 a day in Manhattan is CHEAP you should try to park here non-cruise for even a few hours and its more than $35 just to see a Broadway show.

Don't forget in the price in Manhattan there is an 18.375% tax for anyone not a resident in Manhattan, the $35 includes the tax at the port.

$35 a day in Manhattan is CHEAP you should try to park here non-cruise for even a few hours and its more than $35 just to see a Broadway show.

Don't forget in the price in Manhattan there is an 18.375% tax for anyone not a resident in Manhattan, the $35 includes the tax at the port.

Don't disagree at all, for NYC $35 or $40 a day is CHEAP. We live about 35 miles north of City Westchester, and honestly strongly dislike going to city for anything. Over-priced, poor value products, no rest rooms, packed in restaurants, I see no positives but I am obviously in the minority.

So yes a bargain in comparison to most parking available in NYC.

George in NY