Unique rooms

lbow2006

Is there already a thread for unique rooms? If not I was thinking of asking everyone to comment with the unique rooms you are aware of on each ship.

Special categories that aren't on all ships, insides that really aren't insides, oddly shaped rooms (especially if it's larger than normal). I thought I could make a spreadsheet to share with everyone to make it easier to find these rooms. If you also have a room number that would be great! :)

As pictured below, the 2 Scenic Grand Ocean view cabins are above the bridge on the Lido Deck. They have 2 floor-to-Ceiling windows in the very front of the ship. 330 Sq ft. This one was on the Valor.

Edited by INCHARGE

on the spirit class ships the last forward balcony rooms on both sides of the ship on the 5, 6, and 7th deck connect to an interior room. these are great connecting rooms especially when sailing with children.

Oh that is good to know. I never realized that. :)

Oh that is good to know. I never realized that. :)

we have stayed in these type rooms 3 times on the pride and they are great. but they go fast and you have to book long in advance. and usually when you call about them most agents at carnival don't know about them.

on the dream class ships. the deluxe ocean view rooms are bigger rooms 230 sf. they have a regular full bathroom and another room next to the bathroom that has a sink, mirror, and small bath tub that also has a shower. (just doesn't have a toilet) these rooms are great when getting ready. 2 people can shower at the same time.

on the dream class ships. the deluxe ocean view rooms are bigger rooms 230 sf. they have a regular full bathroom and another room next to the bathroom that has a sink, mirror, and small bath tub that also has a shower. (just doesn't have a toilet) these rooms are great when getting ready. 2 people can shower at the same time.

Good point! :)

Unique to the Spirit Class ships are the 4k cabins. We love them.

You pay inside prices but you get an obstructed balcony cabin minus the balcony. There are a lot of pictures posted of them.

They have the balcony doors that open so you get plenty of light and air and if you get one between the lifeboats you get a nice slice of view. :D

Edited by vlynn
correction

I've heard the elusive 9B rooms behind the elevators on Spirit class ships are pretty special. Big balcony and extra room inside because of the location of the door gives them (almost) suite-like space for balcony money. We have 6279 booked for next April on the Pride, and we'll get to see for ourselves. :D

Was this after a dry dock of some kind? Cruise line rooms lists this one as an interior and the pics show the same? :(

They are new rooms after refurb, and they are listed under suites. Pick grand suite and they only have two on forward lido deck.

2485 Dream Class Deluxe Ocean View ( and a couple others on that deck)

the staff stairway is taking part of one stateroom, so they combine two rooms as one. You get an ocean view, two windows, shape of an L with the bed in the shorter end of the L lets say. You enter the room cant see the bed area, and you actually have 1.5 staterooms for hte price of one

have stayed in a couple of suites and every bit as big.. for an oceanview price

These pictures give an idea, notice the two windows which face you as you walk in the door so you have a full oceanview with no bed in it in that section, then to the left, the half room where the bed is...

DSCN43277.jpg

DSCN43933.jpg

Ooh very nice. I'll get this added. :)